Tottenham Thread

chonabot

3 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Was reported on the club official twatter line that he will start full training next week.

So I would expect him on the bench all being well.

Hmm, not so sure about that but fingers crossed.  That game needs wing backs that can stretch their midfield wide otherwise Mourinho will turn the midfield something akin to trench warfare.  

8 hours ago, carmine said:

Hmm, not so sure about that but fingers crossed.  That game needs wing backs that can stretch their midfield wide otherwise Mourinho will turn the midfield something akin to trench warfare.  

From what I understand about football dominating midfield is key and yes "trench warfare" was sometimes necessary what would the game be like without "midfield enforcers"........... tig and pass :whistling: apart from a goal what gets the crowd roaring.....a full blooded hard and fair tackle  :sad:

12 minutes ago, petermik said:

From what I understand about football dominating midfield is key and yes "trench warfare" was sometimes necessary what would the game be like without "midfield enforcers"........... tig and pass :whistling: apart from a goal what gets the crowd roaring.....a full blooded hard and fair tackle  :sad:

True, i don't disagree,  but i was referring to plain and simply killing off a game, with no attempt to achieve anything other than a draw.

Arguably our greatest ever player was the king of midfield enforcers but within the full blooded melee that might ensue there was also a will to create a flowing game.  Thats the difference.

I will be the first on here to applaud Mourinho if United attack us and go for it but alas all i can see on past evidence is the likes of Dele, Eriksen and Son getting a right royal kicking.

Anyway, the whole complexion of the game may differ pending on how we negotiate our derby tonight.  A loss might well kick the stuffing out of us, especially if Chelsea were to win on monday.

Edited by carmine

On 5/4/2017 at 0:13 PM, alfieconn said:

So Tottenham havn't got supporters in the States, Australia, Asia  ?  run along and discuss something you know more about

And Scandinavia :wink:

Man United, Liverpool are the two biggest supporter clubs followed by Spurs. 

I used to watch Spurs games live on the telly back in the early 80's . 

Many weekends lots of Norwegian and Swedish fans been travelling to London to WHL to watch a game over the years, including me . 

Edited by balo
  • Like 1

I remember the FA Cup final in 1981 against Man City.  

WIth Osvaldo Ardiles and Villa and Glen Hoddle  ,what a team! Ricardo Villa second goal in the game were just as good as with any top scorer today . 

Just remembering the good times when I were a teenager. 

Edited by balo

30 minutes ago, balo said:

I remember the FA Cup final in 1981 against Man City.  

WIth Osvaldo Ardiles and Villa and Glen Hoddle  ,what a team! Ricardo Villa second goal in the game were just as good as with any top scorer today . 

Just remembering the good times when I were a teenager. 

Did you have to mention that ! we'll have BB on here next telling how City had all the play but just couldn't score :biggrin:

• Like 1

Do Spurs have much of thai following? Can't say I see any in my area but are there any in other areas of thailand? I see lots of (in order of sightings) Liverpoo, ManU, Arsenal and Chelsea, the occasional thai City fan but no thais in any other Premier shirts.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

31 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Do Spurs have much of thai following? Can't say I see any in my area but are there any in other areas of thailand? I see lots of (in order of sightings) Liverpoo, ManU, Arsenal and Chelsea, the occasional thai City fan but no thais in any other Premier shirts.

If or when we win silverware the Thais will start sporting Spurs shirts such is the affinity with football.  Never saw City od Chav shirts until you both won lotto.

11 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^So the answer is no then.

I see more Leicester shirts this year than anything else.

Its true to say the sports shops carry only a few English sides shirts, you might find less City and Arsenal shirts next season so best stock up BB.

11 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^So the answer is no then.

1 in 100 english football fans I'd say. So for every 100 fans outside of uk 1 of them will be a spud. The Tottenham calculator just can't handle any criticism.  Aconn will be backing Soldado as a legend soon.

There seems to be a belief that we care less how many fans we have worldwide.

While I'm sure its a figure of interest to Daniel Levy my only interest is in filling the stadium and playing quality football and we do both comfortably thanks very much.

2 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

1 in 100 english football fans I'd say. So for every 100 fans outside of uk 1 of them will be a spud. The Tottenham calculator just can't handle any criticism.  Aconn will be backing Soldado as a legend soon.

Soldado was just hopeless.

1 minute ago, RonniePickering22 said:

There seems to be a belief that we care less how many fans we have worldwide.

While I'm sure its a figure of interest to Daniel Levy my only interest is in filling the stadium and playing quality football and we do both comfortably thanks very much.

Levy definitely needs to look at it and I guess if the attractive football steps upto lifting trophies then it will happen it just has not happened so far. 

2 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Soldado was just hopeless.

For me the warm weather imports seem a bigger gamble than say Germans or players who have acclimatised in colder climates. Too many of them under perform during the colder months.

2 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

For me the warm weather imports seem a bigger gamble than say Germans or players who have acclimatised in colder climates. Too many of them under perform during the colder months.

I'd take a Juninho.

Those tales are just excuses, for me Soldado was just always half a yard off the pace.

6 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Levy definitely needs to look at it and I guess if the attractive football steps upto lifting trophies then it will happen it just has not happened so far. 

It will take a very very good team to stop Spurs winning trophies over the next two or three years.

Or some silly offers of course from Europe.

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

You really don't have a clue do you,  anyway what area may that be ? no i doubt you won't see many in the middle of nowhere :biggrin:

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

When you come on here trying to have a pop you know i always blow you out the water, so why do you bother ?

https://www.facebook.com/official.manchestercitythaifans/   Where are the fark are the Thais on this page or is it just a made up one by City to look good ? 

29 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

You really don't have a clue do you,  anyway what area may that be ? no i doubt you won't see many in the middle of nowhere :biggrin:

Aconn why is it you never provide answers and you only stoke fires? Are you one of these guys that just never accepts others answers  I bet I could read all your posts and find that as a common theme. Never provides any detail I mean I'm having trouble trying to work out if you are even a fan of football or just a fan of arguementative remarks?

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I see more Leicester shirts this year than anything else.

Its true to say the sports shops carry only a few English sides shirts, you might find less City and Arsenal shirts next season so best stock up BB.

Ronnie you're in leicester are you.

I'm made a thing on here last season that I didn't see any Leicester-shirt wearing thais. I think this and last season I've seen a combined total of two, seriously.

The sports section in Central carries all the top Premier club shirts, think they might have Spurs, know the have WHU. King power at the airport usually have a few Leicester shirts; they were having a big sale when I passed through last week.

57 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Aconn why is it you never provide answers and you only stoke fires? Are you one of these guys that just never accepts others answers  I bet I could read all your posts and find that as a common theme. Never provides any detail I mean I'm having trouble trying to work out if you are even a fan of football or just a fan of arguementative remarks?

You've worked out our Alfredo - well done. I tired of his 'answer a question with a question' technique to avoid answering, so now Ive sorted it so i don't have to read his annoying nonsense.

3 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

It will take a very very good team to stop Spurs winning trophies over the next two or three years.

Or some silly offers of course from Europe.

Ok i'll put something to you. Imagine the scene:

Joe Lewis and Daniel levy in the Bahamas for the AGM.

Levy " see Joe I told you I was right pochs the man for us were getting closer"

Lewis " yeah but not close enough danny my boy and really is he that good?"

Daniel " Joe he's the bees knees what more can I say"

Lewis " ok danny ok listen; if he's that good we better cash in while the birds are laying in wait"

Daniel " ok Joe ok bottom line it is ill get those 5 year contracts signed and start listening to offers"

Lewis " good boy and if he's that good he can do without Alli if Madrid come up with 75m and lets cash in on dier for 40m and lets see how good this argie really is"

So you THFC fans go into the new season at Wembley minus 2 of your core group.

How you feel about that?

Serious question.

Edited by Rc2702

18 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Ok i'll put something to you. Imagine the scene:

Joe Lewis and Daniel levy in the Bahamas for the AGM.

Levy " see Joe I told you I was right pochs the man for us were getting closer"

Lewis " yeah but not close enough danny my boy and really is he that good?"

Daniel " Joe he's the bees knees what more can I say"

Lewis " ok danny ok listen; if he's that good we better cash in while the birds are laying in wait"

Daniel " ok Joe ok bottom line it is ill get those 5 year contracts signed and start listening to offers"

Lewis " good boy and if he's that good he can do without Alli if Madrid come up with 75m and lets cash in on dier for 40m and lets see how good this argie really is"

So you THFC fans go into the new season at Wembley minus 2 of your core group.

How you feel about that?

Serious question.

Wow how long did it take you to map out a perceived stereotypical conversation with the Spurs hierarchy, you're a <deleted> genius.

The Spurs boys must be besides themselves, I'm sure they'd be intrigued.if you could enlighten them further. 

NB. I wouldn't normally corrrect people on grammar, but as you've taken it upon yourself to have a go at minus 3 on multiple occasions, please note the spelling of you're, you even misspelt it having a go minus 3. 

26 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Wow how long did it take you to map out a perceived stereotypical conversation with the Spurs hierarchy, you're a <deleted> genius.

The Spurs boys must be besides themselves, I'm sure they'd be intrigued.if you could enlighten them further. 

NB. I wouldn't normally corrrect people on grammar, but as you've taken it upon yourself to have a go at minus 3 on multiple occasions, please note the spelling of you're, you even misspelt it having a go minus 3. 

It's a weak one but you have a point bob but your point is weak as I was actually congratulating him for his improvements in that area which you may have noticed yourself. Anyway not a football matter and it is a serious question and given the history of THFC being astute I'm just interested and Bob,  I use a smartphone to type on a forum not a pc so I'm a 1 thumb warrior and I'm sorry but I'm a tad lazy at times and predictive text is just too bloody good memory wise so I'll let minor mistakes pass when they are mine and let good lads like yourself have a reason to get involved.  All for you bob you old grammar nazi you x