Tottenham Thread

chonabot

1 minute ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Well let us see.

Poch says he is staying and only Spurs will decide who leaves.

Adds the squad are all happy.

Do they look happy?

Well they look 6-1 happy to me.

Taxi for plonker please Delboy.

Taxi yh mate no problem.  Wembley stadium it is. Agents will decide happiness and 130k a week for dier and knowing a numpty like lingaard is on 120 heads are gonna get turned. Toby is off, walkers a goner, dier for a steal and alli's in it for 1 year more max. 7th place for you lot next season back where you should be and thankful too.

2 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Taxi yh mate no problem.  Wembley stadium it is. Agents will decide happiness and 130k a week for dier and knowing a numpty like lingaard is on 120 heads are gonna get turned. Toby is off, walkers a goner, dier for a steal and alli's in it for 1 year more max. 7th place for you lot next season back where you should be and thankful too.

This is hilarious mate.

Long contracts for all at Tottenham so keep ragging on about all our players leaving as we love to hear the farcical nonsense.

Walker will go as he is surplus to requirements and wants a new challenge of avoiding fifth at Citeh.

16 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Very Carmine response. When the proof smacks you in the face you refuse to believe. When a veteran is in your team next season you will be reminded about this on a daily basis. I'll save this one it's one win of many that I will cherish.ha ha ha

I love the ones that think tabloid gossip has any basis to it!!!

12 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"One can only wonder the scenario if we had the almost total lack of any serious injuries and had not hade european games to contend with!" :whistling:

Perhaps you could enlighten me on this response of yours?

9 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

More like a firesale at WHL oh I forgot I mean the club with no home and no hope next season. Derailed your own club but the banks getting fatter this summer.

Do you still believe in Father Christmas?

On 5/5/2017 at 5:51 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

Do Spurs have much of thai following? Can't say I see any in my area but are there any in other areas of thailand? I see lots of (in order of sightings) Liverpoo, ManU, Arsenal and Chelsea, the occasional thai City fan but no thais in any other Premier shirts.

Apparently Triggs is going to be there to count how many there are ! :biggrin:

DALWNYFUMAAdjGU.jpg

Edited by alfieconn

12 minutes ago, carmine said:

Newspaper reports suggest the entire Tottenham squad is leaving and Pochettino going to manage Luton Town

Taking into account the value of our team we could probably sell the entire team and have the 800m for the new stadium !

40 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Taking into account the value of our team we could probably sell the entire team and have the 800m for the new stadium !

Since we have no players the ground is reportedly being sold to build a new Sainsbury's  megastore.

Tottenham will instead be moving to Plymouth and forming a pub team to play in the Devon and Cornwall Second Division.

Harry Winks is reportedly going to be captain after refusing his move to Man Utd. He was quoted yesterday as saying, "They are pish".

6 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Since we have no players the ground is reportedly being sold to build a new Sainsbury's  megastore.

Tottenham will instead be moving to Plymouth and forming a pub team to play in the Devon and Cornwall Second Division.

Harry Winks is reportedly going to be captain after refusing his move to Man Utd. He was quoted yesterday as saying, "They are pish".

Its interesting how Sky sports pundits in particular seem to have an obsession with Spurs players leaving.  Alan Smith, Jamie Redknapp ect.

Post match analysis begins with how well we might have played and halfway through moves onto who's leaving.  Its just weird, as if they are willing it to happen.  It appears now they are incapable of understanding that player might want play for a club.  Ofcourse everyone has their price but in our case they are just willing it to happen

And who did they send to pundit our final game at the Lane.  Arsenal legend, Thierry Henry!  Of all the choices they could make, an ex Arsenal player!

i just find the current Sky set up highly amusing although Jamie Redknapp has to be the biggest clown in football punditry and thats saying something.

Edited by carmine

With most of the first team squad being sold this summer :biggrin:

We need to start looking at who we can bring in, today, there's a lot 

of media coverage saying that Gylfi could return. 

I remember Poch stating before the Swansea game that Gylfi shouldn't 

have been sold and was one that got away.

Seems like it's a choice of 27yr Gylfi or 23yr Barkley.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4523860/Gylfi-Sigurdsson-set-25million-Tottenham-return.html

My choice would be Gylfi.

3 minutes ago, sotsira said:

With most of the first team squad being sold this summer :biggrin:

We need to start looking at who we can bring in, today, there's a lot 

of media coverage saying that Gylfi could return. 

I remember Poch stating before the Swansea game that Gylfi shouldn't 

have been sold and was one that got away.

Seems like it's a choice of 27yr Gylfi or 23yr Barkley.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4523860/Gylfi-Sigurdsson-set-25million-Tottenham-return.html

My choice would be Gylfi.

Ross Barkley.  At the right price of course.

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Its interesting how Sky sports pundits in particular seem to have an obsession with Spurs players leaving.  Alan Smith, Jamie Redknapp ect.

Post match analysis begins with how well we might have played and halfway through moves onto who's leaving.  Its just weird, as if they are willing it to happen.  It appears now they are incapable of understanding that player might want play for a club.  Ofcourse everyone has their price but in our case they are just willing it to happen

And who did they send to pundit our final game at the Lane.  Arsenal legend, Thierry Henry!  Of all the choices they could make, an ex Arsenal player!

i just find the current Sky set up highly amusing although Jamie Redknapp has to be the biggest clown in football punditry and thats saying something.

It's obvious Carms that they all want Tottenham to fail, these so called pundits working at Sky are ex Arsenal, Liverpool & Man U players.

images-2.jpeg.755ad1cc738a18a1421b94d28f41b809.jpegimages.jpeg.4219da96caf9f2156530ecb730f951a5.jpeg

They're running scared at the thought that Tottenham is another team that has joined the Top 4

party!

Edited by sotsira

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ross-barkley-holds-aces-everton-13064463

A good link there explaining the current situation perfectly.

Barkley would be a perfect fit for us but I suspect he will stay and see out his contract then look for the highest bidder come January.

His only risk there of course is sustaining a career ending injury during the next season.

R2D2 (Got my first laugh of the day, thanks carms :post-4641-1156694572:) certainly believes every one of the pundits.

Crisis at Spurs! Players all desperate to join big clubs fighting for 5th place!!

100k quid a week isn't enough!!!

"I want to play for a team who's dream is to win the UEFA cup" said Delle Alli last night. :laugh:

Meanwhile Pochettino is punishing his players for not winning the treble this season by making the entire first team play the last two games.

He won't be happy until there are trophies in the bag. When everyone else is talking about how great a team he has built you can bet he will be in the chairman's office first thing Monday morning with a list of new players he wants. 

And he will certainly get a couple of them at least, he deserves it.

5 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Meanwhile Pochettino is punishing his players for not winning the treble this season by making the entire first team play the last two games.

He won't be happy until there are trophies in the bag. When everyone else is talking about how great a team he has built you can bet he will be in the chairman's office first thing Monday morning with a list of new players he wants. 

And he will certainly get a couple of them at least, he deserves it.

R2D2 was right though wasn't he because we've only won 12 of our last thirteen fixtures, so we bottled it and Poch is punishing them.  

• Like 1

Just now, carmine said:

R2D2 was right though wasn't he because we've only won 12 of our last thirteen fixtures, so we bottled it and Poch is punishing them.  

I heard if we don't win 10-0 tomorrow he is going to cancel their summer hoidays. :biggrin:

23 minutes ago, sotsira said:

It's obvious Carms that they all want Tottenham to fail, these so called pundits working at Sky are ex Arsenal, Liverpool & Man U players.

images-2.jpeg.755ad1cc738a18a1421b94d28f41b809.jpegimages.jpeg.4219da96caf9f2156530ecb730f951a5.jpeg

They're running scared at the thought that Tottenham is another team that has joined the Top 4

party!

Souness and Redknapp played for Spurs. Show me the City and Chelsea ex players.

I doubt too many Spurs players are keen to move on; Lamela and Walker apart. The days of paying relatively lesser wages due to a smaller capacity ground are over. You will be getting 80,000 up per game next season and 61,000 per season after that. Players' agents are doing some serious posturing, and why not?

9 minutes ago, champers said:

Sounds played when he was a child and Redknapp played 46 games but the little twerp never forgave us for sacking his daddy.  Your point?

21 minutes ago, champers said:

What are you on about?

I said they are all Ex Arsenal, Liverpool & Man U players, which apart from Le' Tissier 

that's what they are.

My point is that it's a given that Chelsea & Man City are Top 4 teams, but they don't like another new contender joining the party as it's detrimental to their teams as has proven this last 2 seasons.

Souness  spent most of his career at Liverpool and is a Liverpool man, end of. He was a youth team player

1970-72 that never made a senior  appearance for Spurs.

Redknapp also spent 10 seasons at Liverpool and is a Liverpool man, end of.

Edited by sotsira
  • Like 1