Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

Hope returning hero Son cuts up and shares his medal with the Spurs squad so they can all be winners of something this season

:clap2:

5087.jpeg

Spurs will try and stick that in the cabinet along with the semi final ticket stubbs they like collecting.

4 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I have to laugh yet again.

How many on this board have driven after having a drink? Case closed.

Yeah .. but can honestly say i never pucked in the car.  this wasnt a marginal ott drink this sounded bad.. and tbh it wouldnt surprise me if this injury wasnt a cover for 'rehab' giving him  some forced r and r.. things post the wc win must have been pretty intense for ANY wc winner let alone the capt.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Yeah .. but can honestly say i never pucked in the car.  this wasnt a marginal ott drink this sounded bad.. and tbh it wouldnt surprise me if this injury wasnt a cover for 'rehab' giving him  some forced r and r.. things post the wc win must have been pretty intense for ANY wc winner let alone the capt.

He was twice over the limit. Hardly makes him an alky and need of rehab. 

Apparently he offered to resign from captaincy and the manager said no. “It’s not the time to play God” was the quote from him. Once again well handled. 

He made a stupid mistake and got carried away. No excuse and he hasn’t made any. 

Just now, Kadilo said:

Apparently he offered to resign from captaincy and the manager said no. “It’s not the time to play God” was the quote from him. Once again well handled. 

He made a stupid mistake and got carried away. No excuse and he hasn’t made any. 

I heard he said he did it as his taxi cancelled.

7 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

I heard he said he did it as his taxi cancelled.

Ive not seen that. I read many customers were buying him drinks to celebrate the WC

Ultimately  he is responsible for his actions and will move on. He won’t be the last. 

• Like 1

Just now, Kadilo said:

Ive not seen that. I read many customers were buying him drinks to celebrate the WC

Ultimately  he is responsible for his actions and will move on. He won’t be the last. 

He best learn he don't wanna be the Tony adams of today. Seems like a decent chap.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Your missing the point...

15 hours ago, carmine said:

How devastating for us that we have the only footballer ever to be done for DUI.........hopefully more and more people can jump on "the bandwagon of sanctimonious hypocrisy"?

So, on to the match, Dele and Lloris out and Kane knackered.   

All in all, i have a bad feeling about this game.

me to..but its tottenham... so u never can say never..

Just now, balo said:

I want a win , but I just have a feeling it wont happen . But I'm ready to celebrate when Kane score x 2 .  

So basically your looking forward to celebrating the goals but you still don't fancy winning. 

Sounds about right

56 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Yes its a huge match for both teams....we must win this one to stay in contention for the title.

Bit early for that.. yeah no doubts its a big game.and COULD be seen as an 'indicator'  And, arguably, the first of the 'big' games.. but need to win to stay in contention. Nah.. its a long old season and they'll be loads of twists and turns.

Just now, 3 minus 2 said:

Bit early for that.. yeah no doubts its a big game.and COULD be seen as an 'indicator'  And, arguably, the first of the 'big' games.. but need to win to stay in contention. Nah.. its a long old season and they'll be loads of twists and turns.

Bottom line though.  Your in dreamland if you think you are title contenders. 

The injury to Delli Alli is of less concern to me than if it were a year ago....his form has been poor in recent weeks although his final ball on occasion is always class.

Son offers a more rounded game but of course it weakens our bench somewhat....swings and roundabouts for this one and I suspect this tale of two pressing sides will yield a few goals on either side.

27 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

The injury to Delli Alli is of less concern to me than if it were a year ago....his form has been poor in recent weeks although his final ball on occasion is always class.

Why do you think that is? 

His England performances seem to have dropped a level also. Has he been carrying an injury for a while or just having a dip?

Edited by Kadilo

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

His England performances seem to have dropped a level also. Has he been carrying an injury for a while or just having a dip?

He drifts more in games now but I suspect its because he is playing wider these days....that and not having had a rest this summer.

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

Dropped a level.. probably a touch harsh.. rp mentioned the wider role AND the expectation level has jumped up a notch or 2.. b4 he didnt deliver no HUGE  biggie,  diferent now its absolutely demanded. All adds up and can take it toll.