Suradit69

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You have to stop calling Thaksin, on a regular basis from now onrolleyes.gif

We stopped phoning each other and now only communicate by PM on Thai Visa. Fortunately he's a slow typist.

and me he told that he have ministers which leave fingerprints for him, so never problem to be catched personaly ! 5555

Isnt thats the way it should work...

The way it's supposed to be and the way it is aren't always the same.

Just wanted people in Pattaya to know a way to get it done without too much pain or aggravation ... at least for those with AIS.

Thanks OP that is useful to know having seen a big queue at a Telewiz store yesterday where I was going to go.

Two things about registering your SIM:

1. If you lose your SIM or it stops working or you need a nano SIM (Apple), you can go in and get a new one. A couple of years ago, I got a new True SIM after losing mine. No charge -- at the time.

2. You need a history of registration, 12 months (I think), before a mobile company will accept a request to have your phone number ported over to a new provider.

In Indonesia a new sim has to be registered before it is activated. The seller or re-seller does it as part of the purchase....using credentials unknown ???? Which negates any realistic justifications about National security...! But my homecountry asks the same for same reasons.And there you must supply all details or you cannot activate a prepaid sim or a dedicated phone. And as Communications Comp. reps here have already said that if anyone with criminal intent needs to use a mobile phone they wil lbe most likely to use a stolen one. This mostly about international compliance than much else...pointless as it may be. But then again....your junky old phone may just have had its value enhanced simply because it has a sim card that can point fingers ! Take care with that aspect peoples!

Registered mine a couple of weeks ago at AIS in Central, told people I know that they need to do it and the've tried at 7-11 only to be looked at with blank looks.

Big C or a decent phone service provider is the way to go I think.

Don't knock the old farangs dependency on the local 7-eleven. I have been filing my 90-day reports at my local one for about 3 years now. Sometimes I sit down outside and have a cold Chang while I wait.

What's a SIM by the way? Do I need one? If I get one, do I still need to make 90-day reports?

Did my tablet's DTAC prepaid SIM (postpaid phone SIM already registered) last week at Big C Extra (old Carrefour). Handed over tablet and passport. Girl went tap tap tap on computer keyboard, All done she said. No signing, minimal talking, less than a minute. And I got a SMS to confirm.

Easy ?

Yes, until the next time they send you a message to tell you to register because nothing has been added to computer...

With DTAC use *102*9# to check if registered and to what passport/ID number.

Perhaps somebody could post the AIS & TRUE equivalents.

711s in Bangkok know nothing about the Registration!

I've been into 7-11's in pattaya and ubon and they say they know nothing about it, also my girlfriend works for cp company (who own 7-11) as a programmer and she doesn't know anything about it.

Once again, where has it ever been stated that one can register ones SIM at the bloody convenience store?

Sure you can top up your phone at 7-eleven but by the same token, one can pay ones utility bills there as well.

When there's a prolonged power outage or a burst water main, go and try report it at your local 7-eleven and see if the blank stare is the same one you get when you ask to register your SIM.

(It's known as the 'farang loo mahk' stare btw.)

Did my tablet's DTAC prepaid SIM (postpaid phone SIM already registered) last week at Big C Extra (old Carrefour). Handed over tablet and passport. Girl went tap tap tap on computer keyboard, All done she said. No signing, minimal talking, less than a minute. And I got a SMS to confirm.

Thanks Keesters, I will pop in today to register my SIM at Big C Extra

Thanks Keesters, I will pop in today to register my SIM at Big C Extra

The DTAC office/desk is on the upper, supermarket floor not far from the ATMs. Don't ask Big C to do it as you'll probably get the same looks many have got at 7/11. 555

I did register my SIM 1 year ago because i asked for the 3g 2100 sim. But for all others, register for what?

to try and monitor/stop crime activity

Yes, i understand this. But i don't know why exactly now many users go to register their SIM. Did i miss a news-report which tells something about a final ultimatum?

I know, officially the SIMs must be get registered since years, but so far, nobody cared about it. So i wonder, why now....