Survey: How Serious Is Crime Against Foreigners?

Scott

How Serious is Crime Against Foreigners  

539 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How serious is crime against foreigners?

For the purpose of the survey, the following definitions are applicable:

Serious Crime: Murder, rape, kidnapping, being held against your will or bodily injury as a result of a crime, or a break-in and robbery.

Less serious crime would include, theft by deception, pickpocketing and crimes in which the person did not face possible bodily harm.

Been in Thailand since 1997, and the only disastrous thing/crime that has happened to me is the flooding of 2011, which I consider a crime because of incompetence and meddling from the government. Have been robbed twice in Cambodia though (pickpockets and bag-slashing).

• Like 1

a number of my thai friends have had their bags snatched by motorcycle thieves and business owners constantly complain about their staff stealing money.

never experienced crime myself nor have any of my foreign friends unless you count the ones conned out of money be their gfs...

• Like 1

<Crime against foreigners is no more common than in most Western countries>

yes, and in Europe it is mostly immigrants who commit crimes against foreigners (the foreign victims being: Brits, French, Germans, Austrians, Scandinavians, Italians, etc. in their own countries without any help from their national prosecutors because these instutitions long ago already had to accept dual law systems and are f...ing helpless)

I'msorry I cannot call you a lier, I'm sorry Icannot say you'r wrong, I'm sorry to believe you are right!wink.png

They obviously happen as reported but normally to tourists not my friends that live here. People that live here learn to avoid certain places, like walking in that park on the hill behind Bali Hai late at night, and avoid letting your feelings out when you are being ripped off.

Most problems that I would call serious are friends dying after not getting looked after at our main hospital, and being extorted by the BIB.