Former Thai commerce minister to face multi-billion baht damage suit

webfact

Former commerce minister to face multi-billion baht damage suit

13-2-2558-15-24-50-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Former commerce minister Boonsong Teriyapirom could face multi-billion baht damage suit for fraudulent government to government rice deals with China after the graft buster proposed the Finance Ministry to prosecute him.

This was revealed today by Mr Parnthep Klanarongran, chairman of the National Anti-Corruption Commission.

Mr Parnthep stated Friday that the NACC has officially recommended the Finance Ministry to file a damage suit against Mr Boonsong demanding compensation from loss and damages incurred on the state by alleged corruption in the rice deals.

But he made clear that the recommendation did not specify the amount of loss as the ministry has already realised the damage figures caused on the state by the frauds.

(Photo : Thai PBS File)

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/former-commerce-minister-face-multi-billion-baht-damage-suit

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-02-13

If it looks like a pig and smells like a pig then it must be a .?

We all knew the G to G stuff was a political scam as were,deals such as Thaksin's Shin and Burma.

The term G2G was used in order not to reveal details of the transactions. In fact most of the time they sold the rice to local traders that were friends of the Shin clan at very low price. They covered up these transactions by claiming that they sold rice to other governments and therefor couldn't reveal figures.

http://www.capitalrice.com/index.php/riceupdates/archive/80

Yes and Nattawut was very busy with his transport business.

A post containing defamatory comments toward the Thai judicial system has been removed as well as all the replies:

2) You will not use ThaiVisa.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, inaccurate, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law.

You also agree not to post negative comments criticizing the legal proceedings or judgments of any Thai court of law.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

Another post containing veiled speculative comments regarding HM the King has been removed as well as the replies:

Any discussion of the Monarchy or members of the royal family in a political context will result in a ban. This includes vague comments that could be construed as referring to the Monarchy.

We all knew the G to G stuff was a political scam as were,deals such as Thaksin's Shin and Burma.

The term G2G was used in order not to reveal details of the transactions. In fact most of the time they sold the rice to local traders that were friends of the Shin clan at very low price. They covered up these transactions by claiming that they sold rice to other governments and therefor couldn't reveal figures.

Also I think it was a cover up to obtain approval for additional loans to pay the farmers as an advance for the eventual payment from the G2G deal. Which we now know is bogus.

All in all, going after YL is the best strategy. My opinion is that she never scrutinized any thing. If one can remember, her interview before becoming PM was that she was a hands off manager. So that is what she did. She relied and believe in every report given to her as the ptp hid behind her back stealing from the policies. Thaksin will be forced to sacrifice his men to get her out of the mess. We just now have to wait till all the finger pointing starts.

• Like 1

We can only be happy with the coup.. without it this would never ever have come up. They would have fought so hard to protect this now all the corruption surfaces. That is why the PTP released their terrorist that killed so many. They desperately needed to stay in power to cover up their corrupt schemes and to keep the money flowing. The longer the junta is in power the more the PTP is neutered and the less likely it is they will win again as money for vote buying is harder to get. Still Thaksin is not poor so who knows.

14,760 posts and yet such naivety. Does it strike you as logical that a governing political party in situ, that "desperately needed to stay in power" would dissolve parliament and do all they could to hold an election despite the best efforts of the Election Commission, the Courts and Sutheps mob to prevent them from doing so?

Oh wait, I know, it was all a ploy, they'd just buy their way back at Election Time - why didn't I think of that (possibly because it has dismissed as fanciful by the more astute political analysts)?

Also I think it was a cover up to obtain approval for additional loans to pay the farmers as an advance for the eventual payment from the G2G deal. Which we now know is bogus.

All in all, going after YL is the best strategy. My opinion is that she never scrutinized any thing. If one can remember, her interview before becoming PM was that she was a hands off manager. So that is what she did. She relied and believe in every report given to her as the ptp hid behind her back stealing from the policies. Thaksin will be forced to sacrifice his men to get her out of the mess. We just now have to wait till all the finger pointing starts.

Thaksin will sacrifice ANYBODY except himself, family included.

• Like 2

We can only be happy with the coup.. without it this would never ever have come up. They would have fought so hard to protect this now all the corruption surfaces. That is why the PTP released their terrorist that killed so many. They desperately needed to stay in power to cover up their corrupt schemes and to keep the money flowing. The longer the junta is in power the more the PTP is neutered and the less likely it is they will win again as money for vote buying is harder to get. Still Thaksin is not poor so who knows.

14,760 posts and yet such naivety. Does it strike you as logical that a governing political party in situ, that "desperately needed to stay in power" would dissolve parliament and do all they could to hold an election despite the best efforts of the Election Commission, the Courts and Sutheps mob to prevent them from doing so?

Oh wait, I know, it was all a ploy, they'd just buy their way back at Election Time - why didn't I think of that (possibly because it has dismissed as fanciful by the more astute political analysts)?

I find releasing the terrorist wing onto the anti government protesters an act of desperation. A criminal act.. so whatever you say i stick with my facts. Normal governments don't have armed terrorist wings that cheer over the deaths of kids on meetings where high level PTP officials are. (bet your kind wished that video was never made).

As for them dissolving .. you act like that was something they wanted and given freely.. not that the pressure from protesters had anything to do with it.

Who wants to govern if you are personaly liable for subsidy programs?!

For a subsidy you would budget the amount it would cost. If you don't do this its not a subsidy its off the budget vote buying.

There was never any money budgeted for it it was going to turn cost free or at profit. Its negligence if you keep saying that while all the evidence is pointing at it not going to work.

Now that is not even what this guy is accused off he is accused of fake G2G deals that is fraud and corruption.

• Like 1

I find releasing the terrorist wing onto the anti government protesters an act of desperation. A criminal act.. so whatever you say i stick with my facts. Normal governments don't have armed terrorist wings that cheer over the deaths of kids on meetings where high level PTP officials are. (bet your kind wished that video was never made).

As for them dissolving .. you act like that was something they wanted and given freely.. not that the pressure from protesters had anything to do with it.

I find your "facts" at odds with reality, the PTP runs an armed terrorist wing? Come on, sensationalism is great for appealing to the gallery but doesn't make your "case" any more convincing. The bombing incident at Rachaprasong was heinous, agreed, but to imply it was done on orders from the PTP is just trying to make political capital out of it. The government at the time had this to say;

"I strongly condemn the use of violence in recent days ... since the lives of children were lost," she said. "The violent incidents are terrorist acts for political gains without regard for human life."

Oh, by the way, just what is "my kind"? People who disagree with your viewpoint?

And while we're talking about viewpoints, of course the protests influenced the decision to dissolve parliament and hold an election. Why wouldn't it, that's one of the benefits of a democracy, you can protest freely (within the law) to influence policy and even change governments. You completely miss the point that the main opposition party and its leader, those that had led the protest in the first place, then boycotted the election whilst the governing party that had stepped down, fought tooth and nail to hold an election. Democrat Party? Don't make me laugh.

So here we had a perfectly reasonable solution with a couple of outcomes. Hold the election, campaign and contest it, or resort to the classic favourite of the self chosen ones, create the environment/excuse for a coup - and here we are.

Edited by TheDiva

I find your "facts" at odds with reality, the PTP runs an armed terrorist wing? Come on, sensationalism is great for appealing to the gallery but doesn't make your "case" any more convincing. The bombing incident at Rachaprasong was heinous, agreed, but to imply it was done on orders from the PTP is just trying to make political capital out of it. The government at the time had this to say;

"I strongly condemn the use of violence in recent days ... since the lives of children were lost," she said. "The violent incidents are terrorist acts for political gains without regard for human life."

Oh, by the way, just what is "my kind"? People who disagree with your viewpoint?

And while we're talking about viewpoints, of course the protests influenced the decision to dissolve parliament and hold an election. Why wouldn't it, that's one of the benefits of a democracy, you can protest freely (within the law) to influence policy and even change governments. You completely miss the point that the main opposition party and its leader, those that had led the protest in the first place, then boycotted the election whilst the governing party that had stepped down, fought tooth and nail to hold an election. Democrat Party? Don't make me laugh.

So here we had a perfectly reasonable solution with a couple of outcomes. Hold the election, campaign and contest it, or resort to the classic favourite of the self chosen ones, create the environment/excuse for a coup - and here we are.

Your kind.. redshirts.. my kind.. anything but redshirts.

They have found links to the redshirts for all those war weapons.. the redshirts have been applauding when they heard about the Trad massacre (you know when cars drove into an anti government crowd shooting and throwing grenades killing 2 kids among others. There were even high level PTP on that meeting where they cheered the deaths (until Tida stopped it as she realized it would expose the red shirts for what they are). Links between the redshirts and the government are known. Links between the weapons and reshirts have been proven. So its not a claim its a fact. Just add to that Mr ear medicine with his veiled threats. Clear to anyone but red supporters.

Having seen all the undemocratic things the PTP has done I see the reason for a coup. I have listed all their transgressions countless times. To name but a few.. sending the opposition home and then voting, voting for others and when caught denying it, trying to get 25.000 corruption cases thrown out with the amnesty. Getting dear leader off scot free, Bullying everyone who came with data that the rice program was making a loss. Threatening and suing them instead of accepting they are right like we all knew.

The Shins are not democratic... they use it as a shield but are as democratic as the junta.. I know what one I prefer.

I always laugh at those who compare this failed democracy with the ones we have back home. Its just not working here and nobody holds to it only when it serves their purpose. The things I mentioned would have toppled a normal goverment but not the Shin dictatorship.

• Like 1

So can we assume from your quote that if the lives of children hadn't been lost, the attacks on a political rally would be acceptable? Yes it was terrorism without regard of human life, in support of the then government.

Which supports the original claim that PTP runs an armed terrorist wing.

• Like 1