Yingluck warned over rice scheme: PM

Lite Beer

she cant say she wasnt warned then..too stupid to realise.what day it even is...and they mock the poor for being uneducated..i would love to know her excuse,

Thaksin had told me that being a Shin and his puppet/clone, as long as I did everything that was told me to, I was above any and all Laws and rules, that nothing ever could touch me, and even when anyone would be foolish to try, that his own police, judges, AG, and all the others he controls would protect me, as would the private red militias he pays when it'd come to a fight! And what he told me was all true, it went all so well, no hard jobs, fun time, a lot of honours, plenty of pleasant travelling, and money running in by the truckload, till all those bad stupid people came up to criticise us for taking what should have belonged to us one day anyway! And in the end even those military guys he had in his pocket and were so nice with me when I was their minister, betrayed us! Such an injustice! Excuse me for a while, his attorneys told me I have to cry and blow my nose now...

• Like 1

In what World does an army General see fit to advise a PM on anything other than military affairs? She should have sacked him then and there and Thailand would still be a great place to live

And in what world does a government steal from the country and raise a hidden army with war weapons to kill civilians, including infants?

Thailand for one and historically so, not just the previous government. But you didn't answer the question, did you? Just a b/s deflection
Not a b/s deflection at all. A government that functions abnormally would cause any thinking citizen to ask questions that need answering, what more so than from a very senior official.

Or do you prefer one that massacres a whole village of people because it's orders from higher up, like in the Vietnam War?

Edited by trogers

At the end of the day rubl it was still a democratically elected government unlike what Thailand has in place today.

No it was not.

The democratically elected Govt was dissolved and what was left was 26 caretaker cabinet ministers all of whom had been appointed by a convicted criminal on the run.

yes it was.

and it was constitutional.

and the next step was to hold elections.

oops... elections, that would have been a strategic blunder for the opponents of the government... quick - plan B...

Thank you 'tbthailand' for serving us on a platter some of the main reasons why the Constitution and the electoral sysytem needed to be changed asap: to avoid any bunch of crooks to be allowed to vampirise a whole country for their own profit under the veil of being 'democratically elected' (as US and EU seem to want it to have 'business as usual' in Thailand...). Thank you three times

In what World does an army General see fit to advise a PM on anything other than military affairs? She should have sacked him then and there and Thailand would still be a great place to live

And in what world does a government steal from the country and raise a hidden army with war weapons to kill civilians, including infants?

Thailand for one and historically so, not just the previous government. But you didn't answer the question, did you? Just a b/s deflection
Not a b/s deflection at all. A government that functions abnormally would cause any thinking citizen to ask questions that need answering, what more so than from a very senior official.

Or do you prefer one that massacres a whole village of people because it's orders from higher up, like in the Vietnam War?

you must be answering a question from another post because you're not answering my question. But wait, you're night answering any question, just spouting . I'm qa bit on the young side for Vietnam and my government was not participating in that particular <deleted>. so I've absolutely no idea about the purpose of any of your questions in relation to the OP or my question?

So Robby nz. What you are trying to say is that the government under Yinluck who won an election in 2011 was not an elected government. I think you need to take some critical thinking courses because you certainly don't understand much.

So, 'Idiablo', what you are trying to say is an 'n'th repetition of the old PTP/UDD anthem: 'we are elected, we are the majority, we do what we want', is it? So a, any, government should have a god-given right to run a whole country into the abyss to serve the, huge, selfish interests of a mere few, is it?

In another 'league', I admit, Charly Chaplin once played a small funny(?!?) guy with a ridiculous moustache who had also been elected(!) and did what he wanted, with the known consequences for the World. According to your logic, there was no problem with that, as he too was elected, is it?

I think YOU need to take some critical thinking courses because YOU certainly don't understand much!

And while at it, take a few about 'democracy'...

I'm qa bit on the young side for Vietnam and my government was not participating in that particular clusterf*ck. so I've absolutely no idea about the purpose of any of your questions in relation to the OP or my question?

Ahhh...a young stallion still wearing blinkers, and that's why you cannot see the link.

Wait out another decade when your blinkers can be taken off, then we can have another go...

• Like 1

In a world where the PM is being advised by a criminal fugitive.

She did not take the advise from the many who offered her advise where it differed from political and financial interests of her family and supporters.

she's just a total lier and crook and front for Taksin his crew and resort robbing Thialnd blind. I really hope she and many rot for a long time or for ever in Jail

All total scumbags

and for those who posted I'm full of hate yes i hate what Taksin she and rest have done ansi hate way poor are taken in totally by them

Just because she looks good does not mean she's not as evil as Pol pot Mugabwie Saddam or any of them

Wake up Taksin forang worshipers and admit you are and were totally misguided pathetic naive useful idiots as Stalin said

Christ, at least learn how to spell.

At the end of the day rubl it was still a democratically elected government unlike what Thailand has in place today.

Election is only part of the process. There are check and balance that was not working and that is why it failed. But some one need to be accountable for this. If not, the cycle will never end. Everyone will just be living in a fools paradise.

The only people complaining are the politicians and they are the ones who created these mess.

Yes, Thailand politicians need a time out. And unfortunately it affects the innocent democracy as these politicians are not fit to care for it.

I'm qa bit on the young side for Vietnam and my government was not participating in that particular clusterf*ck. so I've absolutely no idea about the purpose of any of your questions in relation to the OP or my question?

Ahhh...a young stallion still wearing blinkers, and that's why you cannot see the link.

Wait out another decade when your blinkers can be taken off, then we can have another go...

A stallion? Definitely. Young? At 58 years old, I'm as young as I want to be. You never did get around to answering the question did you?

She did not take the advise from the many who offered her advise where it differed from political and financial interests of her family and supporters.

Right... So assuming that's the case and bearing in mind that Prayuth was instrumental in bringing down the bother nearly 9 years ago (yes, he's been gone for almost 9 years and yet you still moan about him) do you not see two things that are clear here? First thing I would imagine that the brother would have advised her to sack the general and second thing is it certainly is obvious that all of what is happening to the ex-PM is both politically and personally motivated. Every single one of the autocrats admirers here on TV seem to start a reply with "yeah but" followed by the words, criminal in hiding, brother, Thaksin or Shin-clan....

she's just a total lier and crook and front for Taksin his crew and resort robbing Thialnd blind. I really hope she and many rot for a long time or for ever in Jail

All total scumbags

and for those who posted I'm full of hate yes i hate what Taksin she and rest have done ansi hate way poor are taken in totally by them

Just because she looks good does not mean she's not as evil as Pol pot Mugabwie Saddam or any of them

Wake up Taksin forang worshipers and admit you are and were totally misguided pathetic naive useful idiots as Stalin said

What on earth are you ranting about. Thaksin akin to Stalin? You are demeaning the people who suffered at the Stalin's hands.

Incredible view of the world you have.

Admittedly this poster is given to hyperbole but the fact remains that Yingluck is guilty of gross negligence at best and mass and systemic corruption at best.

I do wonder if this were not an attractive woman, and a very wealthy one at that, whether those posters would be so sympathetic to her plight. Here's an experiment for you. Superimpose Samak's or Somchai's face over hers' in every photo op and get back to us.

I think it would be a more realistic experiment if we stick to Shinawatras and replace Ms. Yingluck with her older sister, the one married to Somchai. Mind you, maybe no one would dare not to have pity then rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Right... So assuming that's the case and bearing in mind that Prayuth was instrumental in bringing down the bother nearly 9 years ago (yes, he's been gone for almost 9 years and yet you still moan about him) do you not see two things that are clear here? First thing I would imagine that the brother would have advised her to sack the general and second thing is it certainly is obvious that all of what is happening to the ex-PM is both politically and personally motivated. Every single one of the autocrats admirers here on TV seem to start a reply with "yeah but" followed by the words, criminal in hiding, brother, Thaksin or Shin-clan....

Assuming and clear, so you can imagine?

Anyway when in 2013 the MOD was to be replaced Gen Prayut declined and as Ms. Yingluck had such a good relation with him she took the cap of MoD herself.

No it was not.

The democratically elected Govt was dissolved and what was left was 26 caretaker cabinet ministers all of whom had been appointed by a convicted criminal on the run.

I think the number was even down to less than a dozen.

Anyway, while still running her goverment Ms. Yingluck was warned many times. Even in democracies that's allowed.

In 2012 the MoD didn't call Gen. Prayut on this and in the general didn't want to become MoD so Ms. Yingluck took the chair. It was commented that time that she had such good relation with him.

Let me re-phrase the question then. In what country does a general or a Minister of Defence see fit to advise their PM on anything else other than military matters

I'm really surprised you have to ask this.

In democracies, my dear friend. Even normal, common people are allowed to advise and write well-meaning letters to their PM.

So Robby nz. What you are trying to say is that the government under Yinluck who won an election in 2011 was not an elected government. I think you need to take some critical thinking courses because you certainly don't understand much.

So, 'Idiablo', what you are trying to say is an 'n'th repetition of the old PTP/UDD anthem: 'we are elected, we are the majority, we do what we want', is it? So a, any, government should have a god-given right to run a whole country into the abyss to serve the, huge, selfish interests of a mere few, is it?

In another 'league', I admit, Charly Chaplin once played a small funny(?!?) guy with a ridiculous moustache who had also been elected(!) and did what he wanted, with the known consequences for the World. According to your logic, there was no problem with that, as he too was elected, is it?

I think YOU need to take some critical thinking courses because YOU certainly don't understand much!

And while at it, take a few about 'democracy'...

Please expand on this supposed abyss. Where are the Greek levels of debt everyone was flailing around about 5 years ago.

Where? Because no matter how hard anyone tries, the financial consequences of PTP aren't nearly what rhr yellows want anyone to believe.

Policies might not have been the best but they were not going to bankrupt the country anymore than the massive give away this bunch just gave to govt employees.

The issue was where the giveaways were going that broke the camels back.

In 2012 the MoD didn't call Gen. Prayut on this and in the general didn't want to become MoD so Ms. Yingluck took the chair. It was commented that time that she had such good relation with him.

Let me re-phrase the question then. In what country does a general or a Minister of Defence see fit to advise their PM on anything else other than military matters

In democracies, my dear friend. Even normal, common people are allowed to advise and write well-meaning letters to their PM.

There, that wasn't so difficult was it? But where I come from writing a letter doesn't = giving advice, it means writing a letter

There, that wasn't so difficult was it? But where I come from writing a letter doesn't = giving advice, it means writing a letter

Well, even in democratic countries not everyone is equal and has the ear of the PM. That's why normal common people write letters. Only those close to the PM can advise as in 'telling'.

Well, even in democratic countries not everyone is equal and has the ear of the PM. That's why normal common people write letters. Only those close to the PM can advise as in 'telling'.

The General would hardly qualify as "common people" The PM has a cabinet to advise.

The General would hardly qualify as "common people" The PM has a cabinet to advise.

Neither did I say the general did. The PM herself seemed to have had contacts with General Prayut. She even seems to have asked him to become her hand picked MoD when it was time for a reshuffle. He declined and she took the cap of MoD. It was said a.o. because she had such a good relation with him.

Now doesn't all that explain why then General Prayut could 'advise' the PM? Maybe she even asked for it.

May I suggest we let this discussion rest now?

• Like 1

Rubl, you can't expect the last word when you're talking nonsense? You asked me if the fact that the PM had a cabinet explained the General's assertion that he advised the PM? The answer is clearly "NO" as Prayuth was nor a member of Yingluck's cabinet. The minister of defence was Gen Yuthasak Sasiprapha. Now we can let it rest.

Rubl, you can't expect the last word when you're talking nonsense? You asked me if the fact that the PM had a cabinet explained the General's assertion that he advised the PM? The answer is clearly "NO" as Prayuth was nor a member of Yingluck's cabinet. The minister of defence was Gen Yuthasak Sasiprapha. Now we can let it rest.

Manure of a low quality, my dear chap.

The sequence was

you; "In what World does an army General see fit to advise a PM on anything other than military affairs? She should have sacked him then and there and Thailand would still be a great place to live"

me: "In 2012 the MoD didn't call Gen. Prayut on this and in the general didn't want to become MoD so Ms. Yingluck took the chair. It was commented that time that she had such good relation with him."

you: "Let me re-phrase the question then. In what country does a general or a Minister of Defence see fit to advise their PM on anything else other than military matters"

me: "I'm really surprised you have to ask this.

In democracies, my dear friend. Even normal, common people are allowed to advise and write well-meaning letters to their PM."

That's when you should have stopped. Instead you just couldn't get enough

you: "There, that wasn't so difficult was it? But where I come from writing a letter doesn't = giving advice, it means writing a letter"

me: "Well, even in democratic countries not everyone is equal and has the ear of the PM. That's why normal common people write letters. Only those close to the PM can advise as in 'telling'."

you: "The General would hardly qualify as "common people" The PM has a cabinet to advise."

me: "Neither did I say the general did. The PM herself seemed to have had contacts with General Prayut. She even seems to have asked him to become her hand picked MoD when it was time for a reshuffle. He declined and she took the cap of MoD. It was said a.o. because she had such a good relation with him.

Now doesn't all that explain why then General Prayut could 'advise' the PM? Maybe she even asked for it.

May I suggest we let this discussion rest now?"

So, now you claim victory with some more rubbish? What's next, stating that it is normal in democracies to protect a PM from advise she seeks or just gets from friends? Even a golf caddy could skype-in into cabinet meetings to say hello remember?

The sequence was

you; "In what World does an army General see fit to advise a PM on anything other than military affairs? She should have sacked him then and there and Thailand would still be a great place to live"

me: "In 2012 the MoD didn't call Gen. Prayut on this and in the general didn't want to become MoD so Ms. Yingluck took the chair. It was commented that time that she had such good relation with him."

you: "Let me re-phrase the question then. In what country does a general or a Minister of Defence see fit to advise their PM on anything else other than military matters"

In democracies, my dear friend. Even normal, common people are allowed to advise and write well-meaning letters to their PM."

you: "There, that wasn't so difficult was it? But where I come from writing a letter doesn't = giving advice, it means writing a letter"

me: "Well, even in democratic countries not everyone is equal and has the ear of the PM. That's why normal common people write letters. Only those close to the PM can advise as in 'telling'."

you: "The General would hardly qualify as "common people" The PM has a cabinet to advise."

me: "Neither did I say the general did. The PM herself seemed to have had contacts with General Prayut. She even seems to have asked him to become her hand picked MoD when it was time for a reshuffle. He declined and she took the cap of MoD. It was said a.o. because she had such a good relation with him.

So, now you claim victory with some more rubbish? What's next, stating that it is normal in democracies to protect a PM from advise she seeks or just gets from friends? Even a golf caddy could skype-in into cabinet meetings to say hello remember?

What World do you live in? "she seems to have asked him top become her hand-picked MOD"? Are you insane? Can you back your "seems to" with fact? This is one of the men behind her brother's demise. What a weird little world of make-believe you live in. Just invent stuff to suit your warped argument.

Edited by Alwyn

The sequence was

What World do you live in? "she seems to have asked him top become her hand-picked MOD"? Are you insane? Can you back your "seems to" with fact? This is one of the men behind her brother's demise. What a weird little world of make-believe you live in. Just invent stuff to suit your warped argument.

What world do I live in? Let go of those negative waves, a world with (mainly) nice people of course.

Also a world where we had events like

"However, over the past two years Yingluck has proven that she can work well with the military, especially with Army chief General Prayuth Chan-ocha.

Reports had it that party strategists wanted Prayuth to leave his post to become defence minister so that he can serve as a link to help bring about reconciliation. The big boss and the prime minister agreed to this plan. However, Prayuth reportedly turned down the offer, and since then more candidates have lobbied for the Defence post, including Deputy Transport Minister General Prin Suvanadat, who has the backing of Panthongtae Shinawatra, Thaksin's son. Others who eye the post include General Somchai Wissanuwong, a close friend of former supreme commander General Chaiyasit Shinawatra.

Yingluck, who fears that military candidates for this powerful post could later subvert the party if they become disappointed, reportedly made a phone call to the big boss, asking him to let her double in the post as a solution."

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/649716-yingluck-tipped-to-double-up-as-minister-of-defence/

• Like 1

The sequence was

What world do I live in? Let go of those negative waves, a world with (mainly) nice people of course.

"However, over the past two years Yingluck has proven that she can work well with the military, especially with Army chief General Prayuth Chan-ocha.

Reports had it that party strategists wanted Prayuth to leave his post to become defence minister so that he can serve as a link to help bring about reconciliation. The big boss and the prime minister agreed to this plan. However, Prayuth reportedly turned down the offer, and since then more candidates have lobbied for the Defence post, including Deputy Transport Minister General Prin Suvanadat, who has the backing of Panthongtae Shinawatra, Thaksin's son. Others who eye the post include General Somchai Wissanuwong, a close friend of former supreme commander General Chaiyasit Shinawatra.

Yingluck, who fears that military candidates for this powerful post could later subvert the party if they become disappointed, reportedly made a phone call to the big boss, asking him to let her double in the post as a solution."

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/649716-yingluck-tipped-to-double-up-as-minister-of-defence/

Rubi

Aye whatever

The sequence was

Rubi

Aye whatever

You mean the truth is not important?

• Like 1

Rubi

Aye whatever

You mean the truth is not important?

Curious that you neglected to add the sentence just before which said

The plan to have Yingluck double as defence minister dates back to the end of last year, but the move has met with resistance from the military, which fears she may not understand its culture and needs.

Anyway, in this world you inhabit, is the "truth" normally signified by the qualifiers "could", "reports had it", "reportedly" and "apparently"? In my world those qualifiers are normally associated with supposition or opinion, not "truth".