I stopped drinking and now i'm dead

Gordy Gambino

I used to drink 30 cans of beer a day. Functioning alco....I'm sure many of you can relate....I can think of a mod in question any way...

I gave up cold turkey 5 years ago.

I just found out that's the most dangerous thing to do as it shocks your system.

Now I feel kaput and I went to doctor and he say maybe best for you to drink again .

Should I start again I will feel better.

I ask my tilak and she say '' up to you mak mak ''

After a certain age it is doubtful whether giving something up for heath reasons is necessarily desirable. Telling a guy 99 years old to stop smoking is ridiculous. However I do admire the fact that you gave up drinking and that you have been saving a lot of money ever since. You know as well as I do that you won't like the first beer but that you will discipline yourself into liking it. My wife thinks I might die if I stop as did two of her neighbours over the years. Difficult.

Sounds like what the OP misses, is the bars and their atmosphere

No one misses alcohol

He can also get some gasahol if it's alcohol he truly craves

Of course bar girls and bars go together

If thats the case.....

yes, a lot of bar addicts out there.

30 beers ,oh my God ,thats about 6 months supply for me smile.png mind you i do like a whisky and ice before bed.

It would take me 60 years to get through 30 cans of beer.

I can't believe that someone would drink 210 cans of beer per week. That's 11,000 beers in a year. That's would be almost 700,000 beers in a lifetime, assuming you lived to 80 odd.....which I don't think any liver could handle.

3 drinkers like that could fill an Olympic Sized swimming pool with beer with their lifetime of beer.

If you gave up 5 years ago, sound like your looking for an excuse to get back too it.

Up to you.

Believe me, I have 3 friends who if they have the money drink 30 cans of beer a day every day. The first thing they do on getting up is have a beer and the second thing is start fretting that they will have enough cans to prevent withdrawal symptoms.

All three used to make a decent living in the building industry and all are now on UK benefits for good. I cannot see anyone of them ever working again.

If you drink 30 cans of beer a day, I would doubt you are a functioning alcoholic. A functioning alcoholic is able to keep his or her job. I don't think you could do that for more than 3 or 4 weeks max.

If you haven't drunk anything for 5 years and are now asking people if it is okay to start drinking again, I would guess that you have already secretly started. The problems may have begun already. If not, they will soon. Sell your car and motorbike today.

if theyre on the dole, how do they afford 30 beer a day?

30 beers ,oh my God ,thats about 6 months supply for me smile.png mind you i do like a whisky and ice before bed.

I can't believe that someone would drink 210 cans of beer per week. That's 11,000 beers in a year. That's would be almost 700,000 beers in a lifetime, assuming you lived to 80 odd.....which I don't think any liver could handle.

3 drinkers like that could fill an Olympic Sized swimming pool with beer with their lifetime of beer.

If you gave up 5 years ago, sound like your looking for an excuse to get back too it.

Up to you.

"I can't believe that someone would drink 210 cans of beer per week."

Considering they are small cans in Thailand, 30 cans a day = about 15 Pints,that's not a great deal! I knew several 15 Pints a day Drinkers,and one was well known for drinking 20 Pints of Guinness in a days drinkers,which was witnessed by many,....Yes he is still alive!

Up to you.

"I can't believe that someone would drink 210 cans of beer per week."

Considering they are small cans in Thailand, 30 cans a day = about 15 Pints,that's not a great deal! I knew several 15 Pints a day Drinkers,and one was well known for drinking 20 Pints of Guinness in a days drinkers,which was witnessed by many,....Yes he is still alive!

It's 17.5 pints and don't try and pretend that drinking 15-20 pints of beer per day is a healthy thing to do. Thats 1/2 l of pure ethanol every day!

Edited by AYJAYDEE
  • Like 1

Paul Newman, the now dead but famous actor once stated he drank a case of beer every day.

That doesn't mean he did, but it was widely quoted

Maybe he did, if he drank 1 beer every hour in theory he would never get drunk as the liver processes alcohol faster than that.

Paul Newman, the now dead but famous actor once stated he drank a case of beer every day.

That doesn't mean he did, but it was widely quoted

Maybe he did, if he drank 1 beer every hour in theory he would never get drunk as the liver processes alcohol faster than that.

that depends on age, gender and rate of ingestion

I am 53.

The beers I drank were 375ml at 4.9%.

Once I drink 1 I need another 29.

One drink is 1 too many and 30 is not enough.

I am in building trades in Australia and I am a boss.

We used to bring beer to work.

So I could drink and work also drive no problem.

My life was boring and shitty.

Then I was introduced to Pattaya and all it has to offer.

I have a new woman in my life and I love her dearly.

I have gone from a drinking machine to a money machine.

Being sober and in control is the answer.

I am now a force to be reckoned with and life is good.

• Like 1