Kor Ror 2 Update.

Any members applying for annual extension of stay based on marriage, is there a requirement for the Kor Ror 2, ie the printed document attached to the pink marriage certificate, to be updated after a certain period of time.

If so, must it be done at the amphur originally issuing the certificate or can any amphur office complete this task upon presentation of the original papers?.

In my case marriage dates back to 2004 (2547) and was done at Bang Rak office. Thanks.

Many offices require you to have an updated Kor Ror 2 marriage registry when you apply for an extension of stay.

Your wife can easily get one at any Amphoe by showing her ID card and paying 20 baht. They will print it out, stamp it and sign it.

Many offices require you to have an updated Kor Ror 2 marriage registry when you apply for an extension of stay.

Your wife can easily get one at any Amphoe by showing her ID card and paying 20 baht. They will print it out, stamp it and sign it.

OK thanks for that clarification Joe, local office much easier. I am sure others, if they did not know, appreciate the info.

I ve been married since march 2013 at Bang Rak, i could get a copy yesterday of the Kor Ror 2 in Thonglor Khet (don't need to do it in Bang Rak).

I was without my wife they just asked my passport and my wife id card.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Question:

If I got married 2-3 months ago do I still need an update for the 1 Year Extension?

Thanks smile.png

You should not need an updated one. It can depend upon your local office though. Some have been reported as wanting it to be no older than 30 days.

On the 20th April 2016 I extended my annual stay at Phitsanulok Immigration office.

I have been married 12 years and the original Kor Ror 2 from Bang Rak was and has been accepted every year., so as Joe says, it largely depends on the office and the officer involved.

Since the first time they asked for the Kor Ror 2 my wife has gone to get an updated one very year just before I do the application. Not sure if it is really necessary or not but best to have it than having the application process interrupted while she goes to the nearby Amphoe to get one IMO since they are so easy to get.