How to find a proper 180hp+ track bike in Thailand

Jamesht

As an aside, knowing how dangerous most of the tracks are here in Thailand, with limited straights, and many unsafe corners, I can't imagine why anyone would really need a full power anything liter bike. People should be racing 250cc bikes only on the tracks in this country and if they want to race bigger track bikes then go to Malaysia or elsewhere in my humble opinion.

Go tell these guys that...

SBK World Superbike Championship March20-22

• Like 2

ZEUS on Asoke has the new R1 for preorder, US spec with financing portions. The owners speak English. You can find them on FB.

This is still an import bike. Wouldn't it be exactly the same spec as the bike from a Yamaha dealer? Maybe cheaper though

^

That's assuming the Yamaha Thailand dealer will be getting the R1 this year- it's not a guarantee, and there's been no announcement yet- we might hear something later this month. Also, importers are generally a bit cheaper than the dealerships on equivalent models (there would be no advantage to buying a bike from them otherwise), but you're also not getting a factory warranty and support from anywhere but the importers network, and if you live out of Bangkok, Zeus likely would need you to bring them the bike for service.

Edited by RubberSideDown

full power ducati panigales are available at ducati dealers , full power MV agausta are available , and there are some very good independent importers of big jap bikes , such as red baron , Chicane , and Teera ....or wait for a BMW ,, lots of choice if you spend time looking around

full power ducati panigales are available at ducati dealers , full power MV agausta are available , and there are some very good independent importers of big jap bikes , such as red baron , Chicane , and Teera ....or wait for a BMW ,, lots of choice if you spend time looking around

I have a panigale R at home apart from the looks I don't really rate it highly many annoying traits to it. MV I think here would be another overpriced bike like the duc not a track bike I'd want unless you putt around. I don't want an import my personal choice so I think in Thailand there is very limited choices available. And most jap bikes are detuned here so I think ill wait till r1 is released or just go in a waiting list for a bmw.

^

The only restricted Japanese bike available here is the CBR1000RR- the ZX-10R at Red Baron is full US-spec, but it's down about 10hp to the Euro version for emissions reasons- it's easily changed with an ECU flash.

Funny I actually got answered from a Honda and Kawasaki dealer and both restrict them to 130hp I spoke to Red Baron about there zx10 it has 189hp but it's an import for 830,000 I'd prefer to pay extra for a dealer delivered bike. Just my preference

Kawasaki Thailand doesn't sell the ZX-10R, and there's no Japan-spec restricted version of it- it sounds likes you got the horsepower rating for the Z1000 (the sales guys at Kawi screw up like that all the time)- Honda Big Wing only imports the restricted Japan-spec version of the CBR1000RR and its 116hp.

Kawasaki Thailand doesn't sell the ZX-10R, and there's no Japan-spec restricted version of it- it sounds likes you got the horsepower rating for the Z1000 (the sales guys at Kawi screw up like that all the time)- Honda Big Wing only imports the restricted Japan-spec version of the CBR1000RR and its 116hp.

Yes your probabky right I went from dealer to dealer and with their limited English they probably mixed the bikes up all I heard was 130hp which they probably got wrong and I checked kawasaki off the list.

^

The only restricted Japanese bike available here is the CBR1000RR- the ZX-10R at Red Baron is full US-spec, but it's down about 10hp to the Euro version for emissions reasons- it's easily changed with an ECU flash.

Funny I actually got answered from a Honda and Kawasaki dealer and both restrict them to 130hp I spoke to Red Baron about there zx10 it has 189hp but it's an import for 830,000 I'd prefer to pay extra for a dealer delivered bike. Just my preference

Kawasaki doesn't even sell the zx10, let alone restrict it. So who quoted you 130hp for a ZX10? (DELETED)

Don't over estimate dealer support in Thailand, Suzuki and Yamaha are a joke for big bikes, Honda, Kawasaki and Ducati are pretty good by Thai standards, mixed reports on BMW.

If you are serious you would go to RedBaron, but I suspect this is not a serious enquiry...

Edited by seedy
troll / flaming
  • Like 1

^

Kawasaki doesn't even sell the zx10, let alone restrict it. So who quoted you 130hp for a ZX10?

Don't over estimate dealer support in Thailand, Suzuki and Yamaha are a joke for big bikes, Honda, Kawasaki and Ducati are pretty good by Thai standards, mixed reports on BMW.

If you are serious you would go to RedBaron, but I suspect this is not a serious enquiry...

(DELETED) I don't want an import understand! And I'm sure anyone here knows 5 Thais tell 5 different things in regards to the zx10. (DELETED) I'd prefer to pay more to get a bike from a genuine dealer resale value here seems to be high

Edited by seedy
troll / flaming

I think the gsxr1000 is unrestricted here isn't it. Also you can buy from the official dealers; not the latest version yet though. Price is around 800 something. But still funny as you get such a bike with no proper tracks to use; save some money and have more fun on a 600cc.

• Like 2

If you bought a restricted 1000RR from Big Wing and put a PC on there, and a full exhaust change I can imagine you might be able to get the HP up quite a bit. And then if you bought a replacement ECU from the USA you might get closer to full spec HP output. Close enough anyway I imagine. And for the cost savings it would seem like the way to go. Dealer warranty, brand new bike, etc. That would be my choice.

As an aside, knowing how dangerous most of the tracks are here in Thailand, with limited straights, and many unsafe corners, I can't imagine why anyone would really need a full power anything liter bike. People should be racing 250cc bikes only on the tracks in this country and if they want to race bigger track bikes then go to Malaysia or elsewhere in my humble opinion.

Go tell these guys that... SBK World Superbike Championship March20-22

Most definitely, Buriram is FIA Grade 1 & FIM Grade A licensed. Which means in essence they can hold events up to Formula 1 & MotoGP. Other tracks in thailand I feel would not even meet the minimum standard for either regulating body.
  • Like 1

Most definitely, Buriram is FIA Grade 1 & FIM Grade A licensed. Which means in essence they can hold events up to Formula 1 & MotoGP. Other tracks in thailand I feel would not even meet the minimum standard for either regulating body.

Don't know that track. But it sounds interesting. I know all the ones within a 1.5-2.5 hour drive from Bangers are all scary for speeds above 180KM.

• Like 1

I think the gsxr1000 is unrestricted here isn't it. Also you can buy from the official dealers; not the latest version yet though. Price is around 800 something. But still funny as you get such a bike with no proper tracks to use; save some money and have more fun on a 600cc.

I agree. Buy yourself a Hon CBR650F, a 650 Kawa ER6, and one of those little Asia only Duc Monsters for the same total price as one of those unrestricted gray market liter bike imports. Plus in Thailand, any of those 3 bikes I mentioned would be much more fun to ride on the roads here. 3 for 1. That math works for me. Edited by WingNut
  • Like 1

Don't know that track. But it sounds interesting. I know all the ones within a 1.5-2.5 hour drive from Bangers are all scary for speeds above 180KM.

It only just opened late last year, in time for a most converted round of the SuperGT racing series. Word has it that at least $50 million dollars was spent on the track and infrastructure and they are by no means finished with its development. The circuit was designed by a renown circuit designer who's name escapes me for the moment :)

Edited by Garry
  • Like 1

It only just opened late last year, in time for a most converted round of the SuperGT racing series. Word has it that at least $50 million dollars was spent on the track and infrastructure and they are by no means finished with its development. The circuit was designed by a renown circuit designer who's name escapes me for the moment :)

Very Interesting. But why build it all the way up there in Booty-Ram? It's pretty up there, but not exactly a place that is normally high on the tourist map. [emoji45][emoji6][emoji106]

• Like 1

^

Kawasaki doesn't even sell the zx10, let alone restrict it. So who quoted you 130hp for a ZX10?

(DELETED) I don't want an import understand! And I'm sure anyone here knows 5 Thais tell 5 different things in regards to the zx10. (DELETED) I'd prefer to pay more to get a bike from a genuine dealer resale value here seems to be high

Ok, buy an official bike if you like. From my knowledge, RedBaron have far better mechanics than Suzuki Thailand or Yamaha Thailand. They dont really carry spares either. Same as BMW.

Resale is not great now. Taxes on Jap bikes are reducing annually and there are lots of financed bikes that buyers cant afford and need to offload.

You are getting some good advice here, maybe take some of it on board :)

Semi-active Ohlins suspension, carbon fiber bodywork, and advanced data-logging with GPS.

r

Hum , there's a bit more than that dude !

There is a Aussie magazine called " Australian news" they just did a test on the new R1 , both models.

You can subscribe online, it's a good read, it prices the top spec R1 at AUD$ 29000 = @ 720000 baht.

The idea of progressive slide control and the linked braking system sounds interesting.

And for the guys who say you only need a 600 cc bike , that depends apon skill level and weight.

I have beaten guys around eastern creek who were on bikes with a lot more power than my old zx900 but I have not been able to stay with a mate who rides a Honda nsr250 on the same track.

Some people have the ability and desire to ride a powerful bike and its up to them to decide if it's appropriate.

Moose

Semi-active Ohlins suspension, carbon fiber bodywork, and advanced data-logging with GPS.

r

Hum , there's a bit more than that dude !

There is a Aussie magazine called " Australian news" they just did a test on the new R1 , both models.

You can subscribe online, it's a good read, it prices the top spec R1 at AUD$ 29000 = @ 720000 baht.

The idea of progressive slide control and the linked braking system sounds interesting.

And for the guys who say you only need a 600 cc bike , that depends apon skill level and weight.

I have beaten guys around eastern creek who were on bikes with a lot more power than my old zx900 but I have not been able to stay with a mate who rides a Honda nsr250 on the same track.

Some people have the ability and desire to ride a powerful bike and its up to them to decide if it's appropriate.

Moose

Doesn't your point prove that a 600 is enough?

If they want a litre bike for whatever reason then that's fine. But 180hp for Thai tracks? I'm sure top GP riders could use it but not many riders can ride a 600 supersport to its limit on small Thai tracks.

Any litre bike will be more than fast enough IMO. The benefit of 2015 bikes is the electronics that makes them rideable. Not an extra 10 or 20 hp.

My bad
post-108778-0-97347400-1426330412_thumb.

And please enough with the you need a 600 (DELETED)!
I weigh 120 kg' sin jocks and me on a 600 simply does not work ,
It has to do with physics and aerodynamics, I am as aerodynamics as a refrigerator So I have to counter that with horsepower other wise the dwarf riders who weigh 65 kg' simply out accelerate me !

Maybe that's why the guy wants a high output bike !

Or maybe he is Valentino Rossi !
Who cares what he wants , why not try to help !

Frustrated rob !

Edited by seedy
language
  • Like 1

And as far as the Thai tracks go, bira is no worse than lakeside in Qld. If you remember the old bus stop corner and Qld's Warwick track which is raced on regularly ain't exactly an open track.

Utube footage of Isle of man will sw

How you what a race track should be like !

• Like 1