Ford Everest - All New 2015

Barontt

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I get that, but it's a way of tempering any anger there could be for paying more. Quite a lot of people ordered mid year and were expecting 1.6. To be told it's not gonna arrive before year end so you're gonna have to pay 1.75 wouldn't be helping Ford in the PR stakes.

From what I understand, if you booked it at 1.6M Baht, you will pay 1.6M Baht and get the MY15 spec. Ford started taking MY16 bookings/prices the moment they knew they had to - which is why they were the first to publish 2016 prices (almost 2 months ago now).

i.e. the only "nasty surprise" was when booking, right when the price changes were announced. No-one who booked at 1.6M is paying 1.75M.

Edited by IMHO

I get that, but it's a way of tempering any anger there could be for paying more. Quite a lot of people ordered mid year and were expecting 1.6. To be told it's not gonna arrive before year end so you're gonna have to pay 1.75 wouldn't be helping Ford in the PR stakes.

From what I understand, if you booked it at 1.6M Baht, you will pay 1.6M Baht and get the MY15 spec. Ford started taking MY16 bookings/prices the moment they knew they had to - which is why they were the first to publish 2016 prices (almost 2 months ago now).

i.e. the only "nasty surprise" was when booking, right when the price changes were announced. No-one who booked at 1.6M is paying 1.75M.

That's good to know. My experience was different though, as I was told it was 1.6 but if I didn't get it by Dec it'd be more expensive. How much more they didn't know, but they couldn't give me a guarantee. This was around August when I wanted to see what the other brands had coming out.

MY16 has some differences. Ford held some features back when they first released the 3.2l T+. This was to help absorb the price increase from Jan 1 2016 when they added the missing features. It also allowed them to add some headline grabbing starting prices without upsetting those who couldn't get a model early doors. So cheaper lower spec, higher cost fully loaded. Finally, it also simplified their production by only making the cream interior available to start with.

*Reflex blue is a new colour exclusive to the T+

*They now have two lines, one to cater to those who ordered black mica metallic/reflex blue/sunset metallic now getting cream interior and aluminium metallic/sparkling gold metallic/cool white getting black interior.

*active cruise control

*collision mitigation system with HUD, pre charging the brakes and also intervening if a crash is inevitable

*lane keeping assist

*driver alertness system

*auto high beam control

IMHO, is that all the options they added?

For me my gf wanted black interior so we were happy to wait to get a MY16 model. Auto high beam and active cruise are feature if really want so happy to pay a premium to get them. You'd only be resentful of the price increase if you didn't want any of these things.

The metallic black or sunset red Titanium+ with beige interior would be my choice. I think the blue reflex is a bit too conservative (dull) for my tastes, though a midnight blue EV T+ with beige interior would work for me.

Sad for those who didn't know that they bring a real top spec later on.

You should have at least the top spec, not only the half top spec. tongue.png

Um ... an opinion ...I wonder if the MY16 'extras' would have been available on the MY15 at what it is costing now ... around 160,000thb, how many would have actually forked out for them.

Active cruise control is a niceity however I very recently drove up to Nan from BK and used cruise control frequently ...no problem switching it out when required.

The Moon Roof I didn't want, basically a waste of money ...actually had it open today though.

I'm impressed with our EVT+ and for 1.6mb some motor car.

Edited by JAS21

Um ... an opinion ...I wonder if the MY16 'extras' would have been available on the MY15 at what it is costing now ... around 160,000thb, how many would have actually forked out for them.

Active cruise control is a niceity however I very recently drove up to Nan from BK and used cruise control frequently ...no problem switching it out when required.

The Moon Roof I didn't want, basically a waste of money ...actually had it open today though.

better add ventilated seatssad.png

Do not understand why in so HOT climate . In leather seats not add ventilated.dry.png

Do not understand why in so HOT climate . In leather seats not add ventilated.dry.png

That would be 'cool'! Maybe they are saving that for a future model year release??? .... along with (Sync 2) GPS?

That would be 'cool'! Maybe they are saving that for a future model year release??? .... along with (Sync 2) GPS?

COOL ... it's 13C here ...

Welcome to the north! facepalm.gif Does it get that chilly in the metro Bkk area?

Where are you guys now?

9 degrees in Khao Yai this morning. Thank the maker for the heater for the school run.

It was 15 degrees Celsius this morning in the big smoke, back to normal in a couple of days

Isn't it the EVT that comes with a heater?

If you're paying cash and not to fussy about the colour then there is always a good chance of fast delivery since there's usually somebody who doesn't get approval by finance... That's how we got our Mitsu within a fortnight and I guess the same conditions apply to Ford and all the other brands.

9 degrees in Khao Yai this morning. Thank the maker for the heater for the school run.

It was 15 degrees Celsius this morning in the big smoke, back to normal in a couple of days

Isn't it the EVT that comes with a heater?

There are 3 zones and 15 different vents heat (or cold) can come out of in all EV variants :)

If you're paying cash and not to fussy about the colour then there is always a good chance of fast delivery since there's usually somebody who doesn't get approval by finance... That's how we got our Mitsu within a fortnight and I guess the same conditions apply to Ford and all the other brands.

Yes I got lucky and received a phone call on Dec 29th would we accept a black titanium + and pay cash. Yes indeed sir, be there in an hour.

Yes I got lucky and received a phone call on Dec 29th would we accept a black titanium + and pay cash. Yes indeed sir, be there in an hour.

Congratulations on your new EVT+!!! Nice one!

Then we are Black EV Titanium + brothers :)

There are 3 zones and 15 different vents heat (or cold) can come out of in all EV variants smile.png

is have hot air? Becouse then i go Mae Sai near month ago by fortuner . can drive up 60kph

or need open to cold air condition for window.

even my old PJS has hot air.

biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

its Fortuner

I have nothing surprises now.

i forget last time checking it in dealer. but before i have ask about this is problem

How i can drive if less 15Cblink.png

or i need get jackets and sweater and align

the temperature inside and outside facepalm.gif
So sorry for ask

There are 3 zones and 15 different vents heat (or cold) can come out of in all EV variants smile.png

is have hot air? Because then i go Mae Sai near month ago by fortuner . can drive up 60kph

or need open to cold air condition for window.

With 'Climate control', the operator dials in (sets) a temp number that the system maintains. Those of us w/o climate control more than likely don't have a heater core in our vehicles here in LoS (with a few exceptions?) and thus are SOL when having to drive on (on extended trips) these cold days! I for one will be driving in winter clothing I had stored especially for return trips back to the home country during winter months.

With 'Climate control', the operator dials in (sets) a temp number that the system maintains. Those of us w/o climate control more than likely don't have a heater core in our vehicles here in LoS (with a few exceptions?) and thus are SOL when having to drive on (on extended trips) these cold days! I for one will be driving in winter clothing I had stored especially for return trips back to the home country during winter months.

it is not the biggest problem facing in Thailand buying and owning a car.sad.pngcoffee1.gif