Ford Everest - All New 2015

Barontt

How's the fuel consumption with the 3.2? Also I remember hearing some complaints about no rear camera on the ford did they ever get that issue resolved?

From the posters here with them, it seems the average real world, overall consumption is around 10KM/L +1.0/-0.3.

On the highway at legal speeds it does 15-16KM/L, so it all depends on your mix of driving.

The T+ has an excellent rear camera - very detailed and crisp display.

You can look up my fuel consumption on fuelly.com ...steady driving at about 80km/hr can achieve 6.2ltrs/100kms. Fine if you like the view ...

80 km/hr?

You need a 3.2 for that? facepalm.gif

How about at 115-120 km/hr?

13-14 KM/L

On straight road on cruise control with out slow trucks and another vehical? ;)

Even not sure its can be 14.

PS

Last night I try EV near 300km.

Titanium+

;)

After 140 even it's more when old fortuner.

In mountain if little agressove ride and have car on road I s near same fortuner even more.

Only if care drive as cruise control it's be near 13 on 120km per hour.

If very aggressive drive .its be even 10;)

Important not how fast you drive. Important how fast and often use acceleration and bracking.

It's big car 4x4.

After 90kmph it's be different..

This is engine I like. Its better than from Toyota but not for fuel consumption

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How about at 115-120 km/hr?

Do not worry. In Thailand many gas stations. :)

About 115-120...

In topic have say near 10L mix

PS

This is not car for ride.

And people can buy as can take boat from home to water... As examples.

So many 3L fortuner see in left line with 80-100kmph.

;)

Edited by ardokano

Just collected my Everest 3.2 absolutely love it. The technology, handling, power and comfort are great. It's a major step up from my Mazda BT50 3.2R. It's still a big ride but the turning circle seems sharper than the pickup and love the light steering at parking speeds.

Just collected my Everest 3.2 absolutely love it. The technology, handling, power and comfort are great. It's a major step up from my Mazda BT50 3.2R. It's still a big ride but the turning circle seems sharper than the pickup and love the light steering at parking speeds.

Sounds good. When did you order? I am in 'the queue'; ordered a EVT+ the start of January but Ford lips are zipped when I ask about progress. I don't think the order has even reached Rayong yet... blink.png

Sounds good. When did you order? I am in 'the queue'; ordered a EVT+ the start of January but Ford lips are zipped when I ask about progress. I don't think the order has even reached Rayong yet... blink.png
I asked earlier today ...order now get Nov ....I think he ment this years Nov.

Call or email HO.. The number/email is on their website.

All orders get coordinated from there, not the dealer.

I nearly bought once a Ranger but after hearing the long waiting time, I decided to look elsewhere. I just don't get why Ford doesn't ramp up capacity. Every normal business would do that. The long waiting time must be a turnoff for others as well...

I nearly bought once a Ranger but after hearing the long waiting time, I decided to look elsewhere. I just don't get why Ford doesn't ramp up capacity. Every normal business would do that. The long waiting time must be a turnoff for others as well...

Capitalism. Supply / Demand. As a merchant, is is better to have more demand than supply.

This is why I've heard they will bring out a 2.2 T+. 2.2 engines are plentiful, but the 3.2 is really scarce at the moment.

I had to wait 2 weeks for my Ranger. Shocking it was!

Sent from my R2D2 using my C3P0 manservant

I had to wait 2 weeks for my Ranger. Shocking it was!

Sent from my R2D2 using my C3P0 manservant

maybe now the Ford's capacity issues have moved to the Everest but 2 yrs ago the waiting time for the Ranger was at least 8 months and you wouldn't get hardly any freebies even if you paid the full amount in cash. And the Sales person at Ford in Chiang wasn't interested at all I bought a Fortuner as well and delivery time was 2 months. And I was able to get a good dal after a bit of negotiating with. Toyota dealers who were both keen to make a deal.

I went to Loei Ford Dealer and they had a 2.2 Everest Test Driver, only thing was, I couldn't drive it, the young salesman was the only one who could drive it, I was interested until then

I went in my Fortuner and I have a Thai driving license, so he could see I was legit, but I guess it wasn't his rule it was his bosses, anyhow, I lost interest.

Strange policy.

Edited by Broken Record

I went to Loei Ford Dealer and they had a 2.2 Everest Test Driver, only thing was, I couldn't drive it, the young salesman was the only one who could drive it, I was interested until then

I went in my Fortuner and I have a Thai driving license, so he could see I was legit, but I guess it wasn't his rule it was his bosses, anyhow, I lost interest.

Strange policy.

Indeed. Very strange. Never had a problem test driving Fords at Bangkok, Udon or Chiang Mai.

Dealers make up their own test drive rules depending on how desperate they are to sell. E.G. Fortuner test drives were extremely difficult in 2011 but now the new model Fortuner is much easier. Funny how much difference a bit of competition makes.

The availability of the Ford 3.2L engine may not be so much the problem as Fords preference to sell them in countries with higher margins.

Edited by Jitar

Strange policy.

Indeed. Very strange. Never had a problem test driving Fords at Bangkok, Udon or Chiang Mai.

Desperate to sell Trucks so they offer a test.Not so worried about pushin the new SUV cause folks want itthumbsup.gif

• 5 weeks later...

Is it still speculated/agreed that a lower grade domestic Ranger, compared to a higher grade export Ranger, is being produced at Rayong? Spoonman stated in a topic (2013),

Yes, they send both high grade (export) and low grade (domestic) vehicles down the same production line. Thai domestic ranger has a lower grade of steel in both the chassis and body. The "safer" Ranger is not offered for sale in Thailand, this is how they get the price down to a salable level for the locals.

The Ford site shows the current Ranger has an 'ultra-high-strength steel chassis', however, If the above is true then this would be applicable for the Everest too...(?)

Is it still speculated/agreed that a lower grade domestic Ranger, compared to a higher grade export Ranger, is being produced at Rayong? Spoonman stated in a topic (2013),

Yes, they send both high grade (export) and low grade (domestic) vehicles down the same production line. Thai domestic ranger has a lower grade of steel in both the chassis and body. The "safer" Ranger is not offered for sale in Thailand, this is how they get the price down to a salable level for the locals.

The Ford site shows the current Ranger has an 'ultra-high-strength steel chassis', however, If the above is true then this would be applicable for the Everest too...(?)

I don't believe that quote....

Which quote don't you believe, Spoonmans or Ford?

About using different grade steel parts (chassis) on the same assembly line for the same type vehicle.

I do not believe it either.

About using different grade steel parts (chassis) on the same assembly line for the same type vehicle.

I do not believe it either.

Add me to the list of non-believers.

What is true is that export models get more gizmos, but they also get much higher prices too wink.png

The top spec in Oz now costs 2.315M Baht based on mid market rates and drive away prices

Capitalism. Supply / Demand. As a merchant, is is better to have more demand than supply.

But why its happened almost happened in terrorist communist country?blink.pngcheesy.gif

But why its happened almost happened in terrorist communist country?blink.pngcheesy.gif

In capitalist country it is "supply / demand", in communist country it is "no have". laugh.png