Toothfish poaching vessel detained in Phuket - Sea Shepherd

webfact

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

There are Laws of the Sea that the Captain of the Sea Shephard doesn't follow. These laws are designed to stop getting people hurt.

I'm not talking about whales here. I also am glad that there are conservation efforts. My particular beef and only beef is against the captain of the Sea Shephard who puts lives at risk unnecessarily. Lives of both his own crew and the "targets".

I don't believe that any seafarer, exempting pirates, deserves to get hurt by one fool disregarding well established laws designed to protect ALL seafarers and taking risks with the lives of his crew.

Watson is a terrorist of the sea. An extremist in the extreme.

Complete nonsense, not worth addressing as you clearly speak for others and no personal experience with Watson and his crew.

Is that it? We're supposed to respect your opinion because you say so? Without any explanation? You would make a good sheep , fodder, volunteer for said vessel.

Actually, you're wrong. I was on a target vessel that was doing oil exploration off the south-west coast of Australia and saw first hand their stupid and dangerous antics (which were ineffectual).

And your personal experience is?

Edited by KarenBravo
  • Like 1

That's not the point. It's not up to the crew what they can and cannot do.

A true captain wouldn't allow people to put themselves at risk. That is what I'm trying to say.

Does that at risk assessment apply to a Captain of a vessel "at war", with a volunteer crew?

Edited by joboss

A true captain wouldn't allow people to put themselves at risk. That is what I'm trying to say.

Yes, yes, you can get off your soap box now....I am sure you have well and truly put your point across....one post did it.

Have nothing but contempt for the captain of the Sea Shepherd who puts his crew into harms way without conscience. The man is a disgrace to his profession.

Bizarre reply....

The ambition of Sea Shepherd is to intervene in these illegal actions, and the crew are all volunteers who knowing accept some risk.

Paul Watson is a legend, and has earned his reputation as a fearless conservationalist. Go Sea Shepherd. Go Paul!!!

As far as having no conscience, I would point to the illegal fishing outfits who are stealing from future generations by driving mass extinction and plundering the seas!!!

He`s a legend in his own mind............................and a crazed narcissistic terrorist IMO !!

• Like 1

It sure seems to me that Sea Shepherd had a lot to do with this. They were down in the Antartic, and are the ones who spotted this vessell, gathered evidence, and turned it over to the NZ and Australia authorities.

http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Netted-Phuket-task-force-seizes-pirate-Southern/52599#ad-image-7

Again, I repeat. In this case, the reason the vessel was caught really didn't have much to do with the Sea Shephard.

Edited by tczack
  • Like 1

There are Laws of the Sea that the Captain of the Sea Shephard doesn't follow. These laws are designed to stop getting people hurt.

I'm not talking about whales here. I also am glad that there are conservation efforts. My particular beef and only beef is against the captain of the Sea Shephard who puts lives at risk unnecessarily. Lives of both his own crew and the "targets".

I don't believe that any seafarer, exempting pirates, deserves to get hurt by one fool disregarding well established laws designed to protect ALL seafarers and taking risks with the lives of his crew.

Just how many have been hurt Mr. Sea farer after decades of Greenpeace and Sea Shepard soc. being stewards of the seas.facepalm.gif

Is that it? We're supposed to respect your opinion because you say so? Without any explanation? You would make a good sheep , fodder, volunteer for said vessel.

Actually, you're wrong. I was on a target vessel that was doing oil exploration off the south-west coast of Australia and saw first hand their stupid and dangerous antics (which were ineffectual).

And your personal experience is?

Your experience and witnessing anything has zero points as a risk assessment or anything else. You are making blatant claims about injury and risk which have no basis in facts other that your ancient opinion of a grease monkey on an oil ship. Get off your high horse and watch a few documentaries and see how democracy is conducted in the wheelhouse where everything is discussed openly about a plan of action and then agreed upon. Not like the militaristic captains you have obviously come in contact where the Military dictatorships are evident.

• Like 1

I don't have much time for Greenpeace but even they dumped Watson because he was far too extreme for them. The man is a dangerous moron.

Exactly, he wants to get something done. Greenpeace wants to run around with signs and protest.

To be fair, I do support Greenpeace, and believe there is room for protest, education, etc. There is also a desperate desire for action, and Sea Shepherd takes action!!!!

If we wait for our Governments to protect the oceans, we will all be sitting around on a dead planet wondering what happened.

• Like 1

I don't have much time for Greenpeace but even they dumped Watson because he was far too extreme for them. The man is a dangerous moron.

Exactly, he wants to get something done. Greenpeace wants to run around with signs and protest.

To be fair, I do support Greenpeace, and believe there is room for protest, education, etc. There is also a desperate desire for action, and Sea Shepherd takes action!!!!

If we wait for our Governments to protect the oceans, we will all be sitting around on a dead planet wondering what happened.

Well if it's good enough for him to take matters into his own hands by taking illegal action on the high seas then don't moan and sook when those he attacks take their own action against him.

I would not be sad at all if the Japanese rammed his boat and sent it to the bottom of the ocean.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

• Like 1

Well if it's good enough for him to take matters into his own hands by taking illegal action on the high seas then don't moan and sook when those he attacks take their own action against him.

I would not be sad at all if the Japanese rammed his boat and sent it to the bottom of the ocean.

Pathetic. So the Japanese are found by the highest court in the land to be killing whales illegally, and you applaud them for attacking those trying to get them to stop when Govt is not doing anything. And by the way, they have already done exactly what you have said, by ramming the Ady Gill and sinking it in what is close to attempted murder in my view as possible. Thankfully, there are plenty of people who appreciate it, and more Sea Shepherd ships are on the way!!! This is not going away, and Whaling will come to an end along with illegal fishing in the Antarctic

Pathetic. So the Japanese are found by the highest court in the land to be killing whales illegally, and you applaud them for attacking those trying to get them to stop when Govt is not doing anything. And by the way, they have already done exactly what you have said, by ramming the Ady Gill and sinking it in what is close to attempted murder in my view as possible. Thankfully, there are plenty of people who appreciate it, and more Sea Shepherd ships are on the way!!! This is not going away, and Whaling will come to an end along with illegal fishing in the Antarctic

It is Watson who is pathetic and a terrorist. Who appointed him in charge.

The Ady Gil put themselves in danger. They got what they deserved.

It is not up to vigilantes to deal with things.

Yeah Linky, I hear you, and the rest of Government agencies who are in charge are doing such a great job. The world is getting to be such a better place. The Seas are so healthy. Polution is almost gone. Respect for other species is on the upswing. Any other fantasies you care to share??

This started with the Kunlun, who has been fishing illegally for 10 years. How long do you suggest we all wait while the Government's do nothing?? Till the Oceans are dead perhaps???

We wait until the govts do something. If they do nothing then pressure them. If they still do nothing then that's just tough sh*t. But it is not up to anyone to be a vigilante terrorist and take it upon themselves to decide.

Founder of Greenpeace kicked out because he is too radical.

2 Interpol arrest warrants.

Staying at sea to avoid capture.

Yeah that's the terrorist you like.

I hope he gets locked up for a very long time and his boats are sunk or given to the less fortunate for better use.

Interpol Red Notice because the Japanese Whalers want him prosecuted for trespassing. Scary stuff!!!!

http://www.interpol.int/News-and-media/News/2012/N20120914

Your apathy is what I detest Linky. Not you as a person, but the fact that you feel it is better to sit by and what bureaucracy do nothing, than to take a stand, and force action from them.

I am not going to "wait for the Govt's to do something" about this, because they never will unless people demand they do it. Writing letters is never gonna get that done!!!

• Like 1

Interpol Red Notice because the Japanese Whalers want him prosecuted for trespassing. Scary stuff!!!!

Your apathy is what I detest Linky. Not you as a person, but the fact that you feel it is better to sit by and what bureaucracy do nothing, than to take a stand, and force action from them.

I am not going to "wait for the Govt's to do something" about this, because they never will unless people demand they do it. Writing letters is never gonna get that done!!!

Then face the consequences of illegal action and don't moan about it. What he is doing is illegal. He has no right or authority.

Obviously not enough people care otherwise govts would act.

All the excuses in the world doesn't make him a less terrorist.

What if I said that I am totally against boats because I don't like the amount of fuel they use. If the govts don't act on my request all boats stop then I am quite ok to go sink Watsons boats.

Now that would be wrong because I did that to just get my own way from my own viewpoint.

Same with Watson. Doesn't get his own way so throws his toys out of the pram and goes off on a terrorist campaign.

So we do agree about something. "Obviously not enough people care otherwise govts would act".

That is why Sea Shepherd exists!!! And what they do is not illegal, it is entirely legal, and he has never been convicted of anything. As the Interpol link above clearly states, he should be considered innocent until proven guilty, and clearly nobody is pursuing this because they know it is rubbish from the Japanese whalers.

II am not going to "wait for the Govt's to do something" about this, because they never will unless people demand they do it. Writing letters is never gonna get that done!!!

You wouldn't have to wait. If all the money and celebrity power that has gone into Sea Shepherd's questionable ventures would have been invested in a privately-funded, high-visibilty lobby towards specific agencies and key players it would been at least as effective as SS's efforts. And legal. And safer...

Edited by mikebike

Then face the consequences of illegal action and don't moan about it. What he is doing is illegal. He has no right or authority.

Of course governments don't act, it is not in their backyard. And since governments are more and more governing the now without any thought of the future others, like Sea Shepherd, have to take action.

Of course governments don't act, it is not in their backyard. And since governments are more and more governing the now without any thought of the future others, like Sea Shepherd, have to take action.

No they do not have to take action. What they do is illegal and dangerous. Do you think they would care if they injured a whaler?

Is it ok if I see you jaywalking that I go and knock you out because the police don't fine you, I'd have to take action wouldn't i?

Check your facts before you also make blatant claims. Watson was not dumped. The directors decided that Greenpeace would stick to all things green and the oceans were not it. Mutually agreed upon was the spin off Sea Shepard Soc. and the vessels would be the first part of the funding before new streams of funding could be established and as history will tell you this so called dangerous man is very well funded.

No they do not have to take action. What they do is illegal and dangerous. Do you think they would care if they injured a whaler?

Is it ok if I see you jaywalking that I go and knock you out because the police don't fine you, I'd have to take action wouldn't i?

A pity you don't see the difference between jay walking, is that illegal BTW, and killing our oceans.

So Nelson or Captain James Lawrence, United States Navy were not good captains?

Edited by harrry

A pity you don't see the difference between jay walking, is that illegal BTW, and killing our oceans.

I don't see the difference in vigilante illegal activities. He has no right to do what he is doing.

Regarding the question - "Do you think they would care if they injured a whaler?"

My answer is that I honestly do not know, but I can tell you that (in the case of anyone illegally hunting in the Southern Ocean Sanctuary) I would shed very few tears for an injured whaler, who is trying to murder an intelligent, sentient animal, and I shed many more tears for those lovely creatures than all of the whalers out to kill them.

Why should being human entitle you to "care" when shooting a harpoon through an equally intelligent and sentient, socially aware whale in front of their family, and then having them endure a horrible death over the next 10, 20, 30 minutes in horrific pain and suffering??? Your values are really screwed up Linky!!!

I don't see the difference in vigilante illegal activities. He has no right to do what he is doing.

They have every right to do what they are going, and they are going to keep doing it!!! Go Sea Shepherd, and to all reading this, please support them. We can stop this madness if people start to care, and take action. If the Oceans Die, We All Die ==> Credit to Paul Watson!!!