Flash Floods cause chaos around Pattaya

webfact

Flash Floods cause chaos around Pattaya

rain-4.jpg

PATTAYA: -- It’s a regular occurrence in Pattaya and causes major disruption to the city and on Tuesday afternoon flash floods returned to Pattaya as persistent and heavy rains caused chaos.

As the rains began, the flash floods soon followed in the usual hot-spots, including the Sukhumvit Road which resembled a river in places. Traffic chaos ensued which was compounded by the ongoing construction work for the new Central Pattaya underpass where work had to stop due to the heavy rains.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/177218/flash-floods-cause-chaos-around-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-03-25

• Like 1

Drove down from Korat yesterday, very glad I decided to head to Jomtien from the South (off the 331).

Heading South along Sukhumvit through the centre is a disaster even when its not flooded.

• Like 1

Yup, was a shit storm in the making.....love walking through all the shit that was thrown down in the storm drains over the past six months or so......guess it was Spring cleaning before Songkran??.?

Was waiting for the rain to stop in the local bar where we, for many hours? Holding your camera upside downcheesy.gif

• Like 1

No problem in my village !

(It helps that we are on a hill, with newly resurfaced roads, that direct all that nasty water out to soi Khao Noi.)

I was whining to friends back in Canada about how it was raining and the temperatures were down to a brisk 25o C (some of those friends have been experiencing severe snowstorms over the last couple of weeks - I'm sure they appreciate the hardship I'm going through. I almost had to put on a long-sleeved t-shirt for a bit !)

Yup, was a shit storm in the making.....love walking through all the shit that was thrown down in the storm drains over the past six months or so......guess it was Spring cleaning before Songkran??.?

Thanks for that

I took the liberty of rotating your vid by 180 degrees and compressing a little bit.

rotate.mov

view of rain from a luxury penthouse apartment laugh.png in Jomtien.

rain40.mov

• Like 2

Was waiting for the rain to stop in the local bar where we, for many hours? Holding your camera upside downcheesy.gif

If you download VLC media player for free you can rotate your video's.