Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

3 hours ago, MickTurator said:

idempotent is correct.

It means an operation that  has no effect.

The mathematical equivalent would be multiplying by one.

So is impotent - ' unable to take effective action; helpless or powerless ".

• 3 weeks later...

Perhaps it will come back but different. Immigration's new website is a secure site ( https) and has a page for online service that is shown as under construction. Perhaps a new online reporting site or service will not be on the extranet like old one is.

Address for new immigration website. https://www.immigration.go.th/index

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Perhaps it will come back but different. Immigration's new website is a secure site ( https) and has a page for online service that is shown as under construction. Perhaps a new online reporting site or service will not be on the extranet like old one is.

Address for new immigration website. https://www.immigration.go.th/index

Will be a long, long time before they get there. I is so amazingly unprofessional to open to the public such a rough sketch of a system, some of the links are just incorrect too.. Bunch of arrogant amateurs...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, sinbin said:

I still stick by my post where I say 'They don't want 90 day reporting to work'. It doesn't suit their agenda.IMO

More likely they are protecting their intranet from hacking. I expect the on line 90 day reporting will return with a higher level of security. 

The on line service reduces the the IO's workload so why do you think it "doesn't suit their agenda"? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, perthperson said:

why do you think it "doesn't suit their agenda"? 

To justify their staffing levels they need people going through the doors. Less people equals lower levels staff needed. People through the door is also a money earner as we all know with tea money being passed over. No money to be earned from online reporting.

More likely they are protecting their intranet from hacking.

How long have they been working on this???? If they are working on it they must be on 'day rate'. They've been working on setting up online reporting for over 2 years. 

Edited by sinbin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sinbin said:

I still stick by my post where I say 'They don't want 90 day reporting to work'. It doesn't suit their agenda.IMO

It is not only online 90 day reporting that is down.

Online reporting for hotels and etc is also down along with the online appointments for re-entry permits at Bangkok immigration.

It appear the reason for them being down is security concerns.

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Online reporting for hotels and etc is also down along with the online appointments for re-entry permits at Bangkok immigration.

Immigration's IT seems to be amazingly incompetent. I don't believe it is a TIT issue, because other departments offer decent IT services (Passports, Marriage/Divorce/birth, etc). But if they need help the should look at nearby Vietnam; in a previous life I was delighted by the level and attitude of their engineers.

When it comes to 90 days reporting, it could be supported quite effectively by a simple mailing of a pre-filled form to the foreigner's recorded address, the way the UN pension fund does for us retirees. This would have the added benefit of address verification. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Momofarang said:

When it comes to 90 days reporting, it could be supported quite effectively by a simple mailing of a pre-filled form to the foreigner's recorded address, the way the UN pension fund does for us retirees. This would have the added benefit of address verification. 

They want you to forget so you have to pay a fine.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stubuzz said:

They want you to forget so you have to pay a fine.

You might be right, but then there is also a total lack imagination, they could make it a chargeable service, where you'd pay 1000 bahts for three reports the fourth being carried out when you get your extension of stay.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I may well be wrong in my assumptions but 2+ years trying to set this up doesn't single them out for praise does it? Quite the opposite in fact.

Online reporting for hotels and etc is also down

Can you, not necessary you Ubonjoe, it's an open question, imagine how many times an hotel in a tourist resort, or Bangkok has to send someone to the immigration office to report a farang booking in and then again when booking out? I'm pretty sure due to the amount of human traffic TM 30 reporting is probably being overlooked or Tea money is being passed. Could be quite a lucrative time for some if that's the case.

Edited by sinbin

it does not reduce staffing levels, every application has to be processed by someone and approved, probably takes about the same time to do, what it saves is seating and space  in the office that is all

Immigration's IT seems to be amazingly incompetent. I don't believe it is a TIT issue, because other departments offer decent IT services (Passports, Marriage/Divorce/birth, etc). But if they need help the should look at nearby Vietnam; in a previous life I was delighted by the level and attitude of their engineers.

I agree it would be nice same as the US SSA annual letter. But, I feel their thinking on it would be that 90 day reporting is our responsibility and they will not take the cost out of their departmental budget just to make it easy for us even if we buy a return postal stamp.

We always go to town a few times every month anyway and we pass right by the office. So I don't bother with mail-in or on-line. No waiting for the approval just clip it in my passport for me please.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, smedly said:

it does not reduce staffing levels, every application has to be processed by someone and approved, probably takes about the same time to do, what it saves is seating and space  in the office that is all

Of course it should reducing staffing levels. Online reporting should be fully automatic with no processing what so ever. That is basically the idea behind online reporting. Yes, when done at an office it has to be done by staff and 'processed'. But even then they could set up an unmanned computer/machine, in an office, whereby one just has to have their passport scanned to do the report and a receipt slip given. No need for staff assistance. Similar to a bank book scanning system at a bank.

So if 90 day report is available online one only needs, on average, to go to immigration once a year instead of 4 times. And just that's to do ones annual extension. Taking away the must of reporting to the immigration offices reduces the times one must go, on average, by 75% per year. Therefore with online report working immigration staffing are over manned somewhat. IMO

Edited by sinbin

56 minutes ago, sinbin said:

Of course it should reducing staffing levels. Online reporting should be fully automatic with no processing what so ever. That is basically the idea behind online reporting. 

should be yes but it isn't, it is manual and like I said saves no time at all

all online 90 day reports are manually handled and approved just like they are when you go to the office 

1 hour ago, smedly said:

all online 90 day reports are manually handled and approved just like they are when you go to the office 

Rubbish.That is only because the online reporting is down. If it was up and running then it should be done automatically. Why one then has to wait 4-5 days for approval is beyond belief. It's automated for Christ sake. At a cash point, does one have to wait 4-5 days after doing a money request before getting your money?

The same goes for the 'waiting for approval of 30 days for an 'extension based on marriage'.

2 hours ago, sinbin said:

So if 90 day report is available online one only needs, on average, to go to immigration once a year instead of 4 times. And just that's to do ones annual extension. Taking away the must of reporting to the immigration offices reduces the times one must go, on average, by 75% per year. Therefore with online report working immigration staffing are over manned somewhat. IMO

I have not been to the immigration office since August of last year when I applied for my extension.

I have been doing my reports by mail since November of 2015 without a problem.

As I have written before I not been able to do online reports because of an old entry plus a new passport.

Using your reasoning for the online reporting not working they should stop allowing mailed in reports so you would have to go the to the office.

14 minutes ago, sinbin said:

Rubbish.That is only because the online reporting is down. If it was up and running then it should be done automatically. Why one then has to wait 4-5 days for approval is beyond belief. It's automated for Christ sake. At a cash point, does one have to wait 4-5 days after doing a money request before getting your money?

The same goes for the 'waiting for approval of 30 days for an 'extension based on marriage'.

sorry it is not rubbish, they approved manually, what a stupid argument for the sake of just arguing 

yes you are right ........................ now run along and waste someone else's time

honestly some people

• Like 1

I have not been to the immigration office since August of last year when I applied for my extension.

I have been doing my reports by mail since November of 2015 without a problem.

As I have written before I not been able to do online reports because of an old entry plus a new passport.

Using your reasoning for the online reporting not working they should stop allowing mailed in reports so you would have to go the to the office.

My office, Buriram, previously Kap Cheong, won't accept mailed in submissions.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Immigration Division 4 stopped mail reporting about 5 years ago years. I do believe there are other areas that won't accept mail reporting. I'm open to correction.

Edited by sinbin

17 minutes ago, Momofarang said:

My office, Buriram, previously Kap Cheong, won't accept mailed in submissions.

We use the same office. All come under Division 4 Immigration, Korat HQ. The office in Buriram seems easier going than Kap Cheong and Korat offices but in general they're still dogmatic.

Edited by sinbin

4 minutes ago, sinbin said:

Immigration Division 4 stopped mail reporting about 5 years ago years. I do believe there are other areas that won't accept mail reporting. I'm open to correction.

I live in Ubon and use the immigration office here that is under division 4 and as I said I have been doing my reports by mail.

I think you might be confusing the immigration office in Korat with division 4 headquarters that is located in Korat.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

I live in Ubon and use the immigration office here that is under division 4 and as I said I have been doing my reports by mail.

I think you might be confusing the immigration office in Korat with division 4 headquarters that is located in Korat.

Quite possibly. Thank you for the correction.

Before the Udon Thani Immigration office (who readily accept mailed reports) opened we had to deal with Nong Khai (back then it was a hive of the most intolerable men and woman working the Thai Immigration organization). They, in their wisdom, refused to accept mailed reports after many years of doing so. Me - I bit the bullet and sent em in anyway using my EMS receipt of proof that the report had been submitted - Great thing with EMS is someone has to sign for it = my report served to them = it never bit me on the arse.

I believe that somewhere in the system there is a rule which states if you can prove the 90 day report was sent there is no penalty!

Who cares if they do not want to issue a receipt?

Edited by bdenner
Clarification
  • Like 2