Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

37 minutes ago, Captain Jack said:

BTW: I'm not at all surprised the IO didn't want to do your friends report without him being present himself. Most immigration offices in Thailand would flat-out refuse to do that (unless it's a local who they know so don't mid 'bending the rules' for). You should count yourself lucky.

One doesn't have to do the 90 day report in person, hence mail and online report. Been like that for the 12 years I've been here as far as I recall. I rotate with other farang who report around the same time, never a problem.

". The officer even asked me why I was doing a report for someone else as well as my own" 

Did you have written authorisation from the individual you were doing the report for?  If not the Officer could have, legitimately refused.

1 hour ago, perthperson said:

Did you have written authorisation from the individual you were doing the report for?  If not the Officer could have, legitimately refused.

Never needed in the past. If I have to have 'written authorisation', could you provide a link where it says that? Furthermore why would I have someones passport and do their 90 day report if I didn't have permission?

1 hour ago, sinbin said:

One doesn't have to do the 90 day report in person, hence mail and online report. Been like that for the 12 years I've been here as far as I recall. I rotate with other farang who report around the same time, never a problem.

Try doing that at either of the offices on Phuket and you'll be laughed out of the place, literally. Even with power of attorney you'll find it difficult (being a foreigner).

Reporting by mail has to be by registered post, hence it's considered equivalent to reporting in person, and online reporting is still very much in the experimental stage.  Like I said, you should count yourself lucky.

2 minutes ago, sinbin said:

Never needed in the past. If I have to have 'written authorisation', could you provide a link where it says that? Furthermore why would I have someones passport and do their 90 day report if I didn't have permission?

The law is very clear (all be it ridiculous) that all foreigners should carry their passports with them at all times.  If you have your friends passport then he must be breaking the law.

1 minute ago, Captain Jack said:

Reporting by mail has to be by registered post, hence it's considered equivalent to reporting in person,

2 minutes ago, Captain Jack said:

Like I said, you should count yourself lucky.

Count myself luck? You're having a laugh. At my local office, 180KM round trip, we don't get the privilege to report by post.

As with most things when dealing with officialdom here , it depends where you live and what sort of mood your opposition is in.

Things just vary from day to day office to office .

• Like 1

A baiting post has along the resultant bickering posts have been removed.

Edit: A new baiting post has been removed. A repeat of it will result in a formal warning.

Edited by ubonjoe
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Captain Jack said:

The law is very clear (all be it ridiculous) that all foreigners should carry their passports with them at all times.  If you have your friends passport then he must be breaking the law.

The law is little vague on it. You are required to have some form of  identification at all times if asked for it by an authority. There is some flexibility  on what can be the ID dependent upon the authority asking for it. If they insist on seeing the original passport you can be detained until it is presented.

Somebody having your passport to do a 90 day report is not relevant to the discussion. It is clearly stated in the rules that another person can do your reports for you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

The law is little vague on it. You are required to have some form of  identification at all times if asked for it by an authority. There is some flexibility  on what can be the ID dependent upon the authority asking for it. If they insist on seeing the original passport you can be detained until it is presented.

Somebody having your passport to do a 90 day report is not relevant to the discussion. It is clearly stated in the rules that another person can do your reports for you.

Agreed joe i have never been asked for passport, exept near the border with laos doing a border hop for new 90 days. Which i would obviously have my passport. Every other time a smile or ID card serves the purpose.

Failure of Web Server bridge:

No backend server available for connection: timed out after 10 seconds or idempotent set to OFF or method not idempotent.

As usual this amazing Thai service is out of order.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You've removed my post and replaced it with a post of your own explaining the ID requirement situation for foreigners in Thailand, saying basically exactly what I said. But when I explained it, quoting from my own personal experience on the matter, you call that "baiting" and "bickering"? I'm confused.

Ok the discussion of the news article was perhaps inflammatory, but I didn't post the link to it.

I have personally been actually laughed out of the Phuket immigration office for suggesting I might do a 90 day report for a friend.  And I have personally been required to produce my passport and work permit to apply for bank accounts, despite producing both a Thai driving license and alien registration card.

The only reason I post anything here is to try and share the benefit of my 2 decades of experience living in this country in the hope that it might make others lives here a little easier.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Jack said:

You've removed my post and replaced it with a post of your own explaining the ID requirement situation for foreigners in Thailand, saying basically exactly what I said. But when I explained it, quoting from my own personal experience on the matter, you call that "baiting" and "bickering"? I'm confused.

Your posts were removed because they were a reply to another post that was removed.

My post was not the same as your removed post.

No sure why Phuket immigration does not follow the rules for 90 day reporting.

1. The foreigner makes the notification in person, or
  2. The foreigner authorises another person to make the notification, or
  3. The foreigner makes the notification by registered mail.

Source: http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php?page=90days

4 minutes ago, Captain Jack said:

I have personally been actually laughed out of the Phuket immigration office for suggesting I might do a 90 day report for a friend.

Interesting --My wife often does my 90 day report in that office. I am not aware of her "being laughed out" and she always returns with a new 90 day receipt.  We (my wife and I ) have also done at that office a 90 day report for a sick friend -- but no laughing just a giggle my wife enjoyed while talking to one of the female staff. 

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

No sure why Phuket immigration does not follow the rules for 90 day reporting.

1. The foreigner makes the notification in person, or
  2. The foreigner authorises another person to make the notification, or
  3. The foreigner makes the notification by registered mail.

In my experience they do follow the rules - in both offices.  

Others, of course, may have different perceptions. 

3 hours ago, Captain Jack said:

The only reason I post anything here is to try and share the benefit of my 2 decades of experience living in this country in the hope that it might make others lives here a little easier.

But you posted wrong information in that you claimed all Thais must carry ID after the age of 16.  The law says aged 7 . Stating false facts may be why your post was deleted?  :smile: Only sayin like.

Edited by sinbin

Ok... I'm baffled.

There seems to be a brand new website under construction that even has a little tab for the 90 days, but which is currently 'under construction'.

595f5aa893eaa_Thaiimmigrationwebsite.JPG.1104070a6af2650c2593f6c3b5b621f5.JPG

Then on the old site the 90 days online access has vanished.

595f5b1267005_Thaiimmigrationold.JPG.1e648112cfc1a5aee990b48491ddf7be.JPG

And going straight into the extranet doesn't work...

extranet.JPG.d0e879efc4b223cc45e1356f39a970b5.JPG

So what is the current situation. Is it merely down today or are they moving it to the new website or... something else? is anyone getting access?

1 hour ago, Gaccha said:

There seems to be a brand new website under construction that even has a little tab for the 90 days, but which is currently 'under construction'.

it says online services. When completed it will be for all online services not just 90 day reports. There are 4 available now when they are working on the extranet.

1 hour ago, Gaccha said:

So what is the current situation. Is it merely down today or are they moving it to the new website or... something else? is anyone getting access?

The online 90 day reporting site has been down most of the time since December. Just go back a few pages on this topic for info.

QUESTION: Does anyone perhaps please know the telephone number to call to check on the status of your 90 day online submission? I submitted my 90 day report online on July 3rd and, as everyone knows, the site has been down since July 4th. So like many people who submitted recently, I can't check the status of my July 3rd submission online. I believe though a phone number to call might be provided when your online submission is accepted by the site, but I didn't jot the number down at the time if there was one provided. I have the two following phone numbers for immigration in Bangkok, but I don't believe either of them are for the 90 day reporting. If anyone has any other useful phone numbers I would appreciate it. Many thanks.

02-141-9889 - Main Immigration Department - Chaeng Wattana
02-209-1100 - 1 Stop Service Center - Chamchuri Square Building