Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

6 hours ago, Metropolitian said:

Question: the new date of 90 days notification, is this 90days after today or after the current 90 days period is due.

It is the same for online, by mail or in person the 90 days starts from the day the report is processed by immigration.

4 hours ago, Yorkie said:

My on-line application (Surin Immigration) was approved yesterday evening and the new report date is 29th April 2020 (90 days hence). The actual date that I was due to report was 8th February 2020.

Ok. Then it is clear the new date is 90 days after the moment of approval/procession by the immigration.

Did mine yesterday and the next date is 1st of may, 90 days later.

Was just wondering why these method as the extensions and workpermit dates are count after the due date and not from the day of application/approval.

I am used to do those reporting at the same day of submitting the extension application for the visa.

7 minutes ago, Metropolitian said:

Was just wondering why these method as the extensions and workpermit dates are count after the due date and not from the day of application/approval.

It is a report of staying longer than 90 consecutive days in the country. When you do the report the 90 days is reset and you start a new 90 days.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Metropolitian said:

I am used to do those reporting at the same day of submitting the extension application for the visa.

Off topic but I discovered that from the beginning of last year a renewed British passport is now valid 10 years from the date the passport is issued. It used to be 10 years from the expiry date of the old passport. At a guess the passport office (British Government) is making in the region of £18,000,000.00 extra in respect of this change in policy.

I understand that the granting of an extension of stay in LOS remains at one year from the date of your last extension expiry date, not the date of the new approval.

Edited by Yorkie
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It is a report of staying longer than 90 consecutive days in the country. When you do the report the 90 days is reset and you start a new 90 days.

A report which should be done after the 90 days and not before as it is called 'staying longer than 90..' . That's why you still can do it till 7 days after the reporting date.

I understood that online only can do before the due date, right? I have tried online before but gave up (''pending'' messages) and do it when I go for the extension.

10 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Off topic but I discovered that from the beginning of last year a renewed British passport is now valid 10 years from the date the passport is issued. It used to be 10 years from the expiry date of the old passport. At a guess the passport office (British Government) is making in the region of £18,000,000.00 extra in respect of this change in policy.

ot. In reverse Thailand gives you a ''free'' period when you apply for a driving license. Which is valid 5 years after your birthday which is a new policy.  When you get your 5 years DL for the first time (you need have a temporary first) and you pick it up the day after your birthday, changes are big that it will be 6 year minus 1 day validity.

Mine was 5 years and 8 months. After that, just 5 years starting from the date the old one expires.

5 minutes ago, Namedisplayed said:

What happens if you previously had a 90 days visa and failed to register, when you get a new visa and go to register the new one ? Do you get fined ?

A 90 day visa only allows 90 day stay so no report is required (for more than 90 days).

• Like 1

On 2/1/2020 at 3:11 PM, Yorkie said:

Off topic but I discovered that from the beginning of last year a renewed British passport is now valid 10 years from the date the passport is issued. It used to be 10 years from the expiry date of the old passport.

This change happened about a year ago, the old system was up to 10 years 9 months.

On 1/30/2020 at 11:54 AM, ubonjoe said:

Your extension dates.

Tks Ubonjoe. Just to update the forum, I submitted my online application via iPhone app on 31 Jan and received an approval the next day via email.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 1 year non immigration O visa based on marriage. Am I able to use the online 90day reporting facility on my first due date or must you go to Immigration the first time in person (to show them documents etc).

Secondly, presumably TM30 reporting runs parallel to this.

40 minutes ago, stament said:

I have a 1 year non immigration O visa based on marriage. Am I able to use the online 90day reporting facility on my first due date or must you go to Immigration the first time in person (to show them documents etc).

Secondly, presumably TM30 reporting runs parallel to this.

You need to do your very first 90-day reporting in person at your local IO, so that they can set you up in the system.  After this has been done, you can use the very easy 90-day on-line reporting method.

TM30 filing and 90-day reporting are totally separate and not linked in any way.  Contrary to 90-day reporting, you registering on the IO TM30 website and subsequent filing of your TM30s can be done without having to do first a manual filing at your local IO.

• Thanks 1

I just today did my 1-year extension, and I questioned a small slip of paper they stapled to my passport detailing what bank documents I needed to bring in at my next 90-day check. 

When I told them I did my 90-day reports on-line (and that the next one was due in about 6 weeks) they simply answered that I don't need to bother to bring in the relevant docs, and that they would simply check at next years extension.

Not sure if this was a well thought out answer by them though as they were just about to close for lunch, and were probably thinking more about their forthcoming somtam & doughnuts. 

• Like 1

About 9 weeks ago I got lucky and used the app for 90 day stay with success.

One of the printouts said that my next date is April 8 for reporting. Does this still mean that I can report 2weeks before and 1 week after the 8th? By app or at CW?

I want to fly to Malaysia on 7 April which means that I can legitimately miss the reporting totally by 1 day. Does this mean that the clock starts when I come back on 17 April and I dont need to do anything at all except report again 90 days after my return (i.e July sometime)? It sounds too good to be true... I miss 180 days reporting because I choose to fly 1 day before my given date?

Eddy

13 minutes ago, pauleddy said:

One of the printouts said that my next date is April 8 for reporting. Does this still mean that I can report 2weeks before and 1 week after the 8th? By app or at CW?

You can do the report in person up to 15 before or 7 days after the report date. For online reporting or by mail you have a window of 15 to 7 days the report date to do them.

I want to fly to Malaysia on 7 April which means that I can legitimately miss the reporting totally by 1 day. Does this mean that the clock starts when I come back on 17 April and I dont need to do anything at all except report again 90 days after my return (i.e July sometime)? It sounds too good to be true... I miss 180 days reporting because I choose to fly 1 day before my given date?

You do not need to do the report if you leave on or before the report date. The 90 days ends on the day you leave the country and starts again on the day you enter the country.

About 9 weeks ago I got lucky and used the app for 90 day stay with success.

Eddy

Correct, even if you do report before u go , clock will still reset, so a waste of time to report

• Like 1

Hello, I am new to this site.

US Citizen, I have a Thai marriage visa. My last entry date 12/5/2019 into Thailand DMK, I had to do the 90 day report by March 3rd. 

I tried to do the 90 reporting for the first time online last Friday Feb 21. I tried again on Feb 24, so I was within the 15 to 7 days at the time of reporting  . I did the TM47 online for and after entry of data on 1 step (All Correct) I either get no message or a message reading "This site says.... For further information regarding the 90 day Notification Report Service, Please contact the Immigration Service in your Area..... Ok"

I just came from the Nonthaburi immigration office and completed the checkin with no problem today Feb 26. Now I have till May 25 2020. 

I inquired as to why I could not do it online, and 4 immigration people had not idea why, HMMMM?

Does anyone out there know why this Online checkin did not work for me? I assure all my ducks are in a line as we say in the US. Please ask if there is any other info you require, really hope someone can assist me.

Warm Regards to all

6 minutes ago, david2923 said:

Please ask if there is any other info you require, really hope someone can assist me.

Warm Regards to all

Heaven knows.... I have had that message a few times, gone back a bit  later and it works. Never sure why... someone arrives at work and plugs something in, or I have done something goofy in my form filling. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

App (IOS) and website (Saf and Chrome) not working yesterday and today for me (server errors)

The website just worked for me. Got as far as the message to contact my local office that I have been getting every time for about 5 years due to an old entry and a new passport. 

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

Good News and great surprise today. My 90 days is due on March 16th, and I did try online on March 2nd at 10h49pm. Without much hope I admit, as since I had a new passport issued in April 2019 I expected to get the message "Please contact your local immigration office ..." And I was ready to send it by registered mail as I did for one year. But not this time, much to my surprise the report went into status "pending". I still thought there was a chance I would get an e-mail from immigration that report was rejected and that I should contact the office. But no, this time the report was approved within 24hrs and I got the receipt print with next report due on May 31st.

I encourage other people who were in the same situation as me to keep on trying, maybe there's been some positive upgrades in the software. I can't believe it was just luck.

13 minutes ago, JimGant said:

Have you entered Thailand with this passport?

No, I didn't exit or enter Thailand since September 2013.

I can't travel due to a medical condition which includes chronic pain. 

Edited by Myshkin

22 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Been waiting three days 'pending' approval, not sure if should do it again or keep waiting, the window will be over in another few days. Sometimes works, sometimes not.

Maybe you local office has been to busy to process it. Just wait a while longer.

• Like 2