Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

1 minute ago, hotchilli said:

When you submit your online application it is dealt with via an automatic check system... not a real person.

Unless you get approval immediately when you submit the report it is still being checked by an officer before it is approved and a email sent.

• Like 2

Just now, hotchilli said:

Just for info, my local immigration office for a 90 day address report they don't even want the TM47... 

my passport and expiring slip is all the want.

The discussion is about doing it in Bangkok. 

Many offices just want your passport with the receipt for your last report. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is up and working the majority of the time. When it is not working you cannot even get on the site.

When people say it is not working most of the time it is due to other reasons than the site. 

It is the site if they are using inaccurate data.  And that seems to be a/the major factor lately.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Just for info, my local immigration office for a 90 day address report they don't even want the TM47... 

my passport and expiring slip is all the want.

That is the same at Surin Immigration in Kab Cheong. However, not sure about the new sub office on the Surin Ring Road. I shall find out tomorrow no doubt.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Yorkie said:

That is the same at Surin Immigration in Kab Cheong. However, not sure about the new sub office on the Surin Ring Road. I shall find out tomorrow no doubt.

Same in the new sub office. Passport and last report notification only required. Handed my passport in at the door, less than 5 minutes later it was handed back to me. I was the only farang there.

I spoke to the folks at CW yesterday by phone. They apologized but said the site will be down and reports must be done in person or by mail.  I had called about my mailed in 90 day report which was mailed 6 weeks ago.  The IO I spoke with tod me it had been processed and gave me my next date.  I asked why I had not received it back and she blamed the Thai post office saying it was because they were closed because of Covid. That's when I asked her about doing it online and she told me it was down and to do my next report in person or by mail. This is getting ridiculous.

• Like 1

The Thai Post processing facility at Laksi had been decimated by COVID back in May, think they're still struggling for staff.

6 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I am completely unable to get on the site today.

Web? App?

I can get to the first page on both the web and app. I can search for and find previous filings.

Could be some issue with your internet access?

• Like 1

I received my receipt for early August report to CW 3 days ago so post office is not totally closed.  And actually it was processed/returned faster than normal.  They did use the red receipt to be sure to mail at least 15 days before next time (was about 13 as had tried to report online).

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

The Thai Post processing facility at Laksi had been decimated by COVID back in May, think they're still struggling for staff.

Web? App?

I can get to the first page on both the web and app. I can search for and find previous filings.

Could be some issue with your internet access?

Trying by web and my internet is fine.

Has the site changed? I am trying to get onto 

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

2 minutes ago, theoldgit said:

Certainly that the site I used, it worked fine for me, but for some reason only after I'd turned my VPN off.

I'm not using a VPN. But I am in the US, don't know if that is a factor. In prior years I could get on no problem.

2 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

I'm not using a VPN. But I am in the US, don't know if that is a factor. In prior years I could get on no problem.

That could be the problem. I think that is why they have the system setup to not work with a VPN.

I assume you are trying to a report for somebody else since you do not need to do one since you are not here.

Maybe you could send the Info needed to do it here.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

But I am in the US

Ah, an important nugget to share.

Don't think you can access the 90-day reporting site from outside of Thailand, even if using a Thai-IP via a VPN.

And why would you need to report anyway? Are you filing for someone else? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Ah, an important nugget to share.

Don't think you can access the 90-day reporting site from outside of Thailand, even if using a Thai-IP via a VPN.

And why would you need to report anyway? Are you filing for someone else? 

Yes, filing for my Cambodian house staff.

In prior years I was able to do it from US OK.

19 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Yes, filing for my Cambodian house staff.

In prior years I was able to do it from US OK.

They changed it about a year ago. I don't remember exactly when it started. I assume it was done for the entire extranet to protect it from attacks.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

They changed it about a year ago. I don't remember exactly when it started. I assume it was done for the entire extranet to protect it from attacks.

That might explain a lot, if they're still fine-tuning it.

13 hours ago, james.d said:

My 90 days is due 23rd August, if l do it online today, how long is the processing does anyone know?

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

I think this is the correct web page as follows?

Thanks.

I did mine Tuesday afternoon and got approval Wednesday morning. This is the second time I've reported online and had no problems. The first time I submitted the info in the morning and got approval an hour later. That's the right page. I don't use a VPN, so if you do it's best to turn it off (some here are reporting problems when using a VPN). 

12 hours ago, Phulublub said:

Have you tried using a VPN to set your location as being in Thailand?

PH

Unfortunately the VPN I have doesn't offer a Thai option. If anyone knows of a free VPN that does, please let me know. Googling Thailand VPN just leads me to sites to use while in Thailand to appear to be elsewhere nto vice versa.

Someone in Thailand is helping me out for the immediate need but it would be good to know for future use.

6 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Unfortunately the VPN I have doesn't offer a Thai option. If anyone knows of a free VPN that does, please let me know. Googling Thailand VPN just leads me to sites to use while in Thailand to appear to be elsewhere nto vice versa.

It will not work to use a Thailand IP address with a VPN. Tried that yesterday and the site would not open.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Maybe your VPN will not work, but mine will. I use NordVPN and if I connect to a Thai server using the NordLynx protocol (NordVPNs implementation of the Wireguard Protocol) I can use the 90 day report online website.

I am not going to change my VPN provider I have already paid for. Not worth it for a one time thing.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I am not going to change my VPN provider I have already paid for. Not worth it for a one time thing.

Not suggesting you should change provider, where did that come from? I'm simply stating that some VPNs DO allow access to the online 90 day report site. Sorry if I embarrassed you by pointing out your previous erroneous statement.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Maybe your VPN will not work, but mine will. I use NordVPN and if I connect to a Thai server using the NordLynx protocol (NordVPNs implementation of the Wireguard Protocol) I can use the 90 day report online website.

I am also a NordVPN user. I can also use the 90 day checkin when connected to a Thai server.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Sorry if I embarrassed you by pointing out your previous erroneous statement.

Not embarrassed at all. I am in Thailand and can use my Thai IP address when needed.

Very happy with my current VPN.

How is my statement erroneous. I don't claim to be a expert for VPN's and what is available.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Not embarrassed at all. I am in Thailand and can use my Thai IP address when needed.

Very happy with my current VPN.

How is my statement erroneous. I don't claim to be a expert for VPN's and what is available.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

It will not work to use a Thailand IP address with a VPN. Tried that yesterday and the site would not open.

The erroneous statement is "It will not work to use a Thailand IP address with a VPN". This statement implies that it will not work with ANY VPN. You should have qualified it with it would not work with YOUR VPN.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

The erroneous statement is "It will not work to use a Thailand IP address with a VPN". This statement implies that it will not work with ANY VPN. You should have qualified it with it would not work with YOUR VPN.

I made a general statement of what I did. No need to go into detail about it and my post was in reply to Sheryl's post.

She did mention a free VPN.

How often would a VPN with a Thai IP be needed for most people.

End of discussion for me.

• Like 2