Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

LOL. A bit sarcastic about deleting the app from my phone and no serious expectation that will "fix" the problem. (Another poster indicated the problems with the "overstay" issue seemed to happen around the same time the app was downloaded, or at least explained why he couldn't get beyond the first page on the website...)

I'm still flabbergasted by the logic of showing me on overstay whilst simultaneously showing a visa expiration date of 2022. Hence my second, rather less sarcastic question: is it being done on purpose?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Scooby Snacks said:

LOL. A bit sarcastic about deleting the app from my phone and no serious expectation that will "fix" the problem. (Another poster indicated the problems with the "overstay" issue seemed to happen around the same time the app was downloaded, or at least explained why he couldn't get beyond the first page on the website...)

I'm still flabbergasted by the logic of showing me on overstay whilst simultaneously showing a visa expiration date of 2022. Hence my second, rather less sarcastic question: is it being done on purpose?

Logic? Logic?

That's just the way it is. Maybe, maybe, your next extension will be entered/updated/aligned with the 90-day system. Or maybe not.  We will have to see on that. I'm in the same boat.

But you are right; the number of days showing on the app as being on overstay is the same number of days from the date of your last extension. Same here, and same same, that the permitted to stay date shows a date in 2022, right there, next to showing you are on overstay.

The app has nothing to do with it, delete and reinstall won't do a thing. 

I brought up this issue with the staff at MTT when I did a a 90-dayer out there in June. It just elicited a bunch of chuckles from the staff manning the desks, and no real response when pressed for more. Just 'try online next time'. 

My guess, and this is for my reporting jurisdiction of Bangkok, it's not going to be fixed. Lot of people working in that office on the second floor of MTT.  In person or by mail are the options.

17 minutes ago, MikeWill said:

My 90-day online failed again. 

Does the MTT open for business now?

Yes 90 day reporting is still done there - will be closed on 12th I suspect but other workdays should be good and do not believe there is much wait involved - no reservations are required (web site not working in any case).  If you have more than 10 days or so could probably mail report but expect no reply for a month or more.

After countless unsuccessful attempts at online reporting over the last fifteen months, finally, today - success!

The IMM eService app would always freeze or crash when entering personal details. On the website I could never get past the first page despite using multiple browsers  - Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari. Always got the "contact your nearest immigration office" message.

Today I tried the app again, logged on, completed the first page and got to the second page. Then the third. The app didn't miss a beat and transaction was approved within five minutes. Couldn't believe it. It even dropped my next report date into my calendar.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TwinkleToes said:

After countless unsuccessful attempts at online reporting over the last fifteen months, finally, today - success!

The IMM eService app would always freeze or crash when entering personal details. On the website I could never get past the first page despite using multiple browsers  - Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari. Always got the "contact your nearest immigration office" message.

Today I tried the app again, logged on, completed the first page and got to the second page. Then the third. The app didn't miss a beat and transaction was approved within five minutes. Couldn't believe it. It even dropped my next report date into my calendar.  

Similar thing happened to me about 6 days ago.

Couldn’t get the online report to work after the website came back up.

This time ready to give up again, after about 10 tries, when …… bingo ……it worked.

Approved next day.

• Like 2

Long time member but hardly post, just a quick question since I got my new extension last September 10th, I'm unable to do the 90 days online (been doing them online successfully every single time, since 2016) 

Apparently the system on the app, shows that I'm on overstay something not true confirmed by immigration last may when I went there to ask. 

Last time I made an appointment in May, for the 90 days report. On their website it shows the following message. Just to be sure no appointments needed anymore? Thank you 

1628646191993.jpg

Edited by walailak

7 minutes ago, walailak said:

Last time I made an appointment for the 90 days online report

Is this an error ,  appointment for 90 day report , not appointment for 90 day online report ?

Just asking.

Edited by NE1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

There are currently no requirements for any appointments in Bangkok.  Online does not ever require an appointment.   Believe he has edited his post.

Thank you Lopburi3 , indeed no appointments required! Went today at 1.55pm out by 2.15pm ,hopefully after my new extension on October 31 the system , that now shows me as on overstay of 300days+, will let me do the 90 days report online as I used to be able to since 2016......????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, skatewash said:

Or you can download this app and try that:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=th.go.immigration.immeService&hl=th

Also available at (for iPeople who didn't already intuitively know that):

https://apps.apple.com/th/app/section38/id1451853492?l=th

Also, probably not working at the moment. ????

Edited by skatewash

5 minutes ago, NE1 said:

Don't use the app. it doesn't work , it has fouled things up for quite a few people.

I've never used the app.  Can't imagine why I would ever want to use an app when I can use a website instead.  However, I don't think using the app has ever fouled things up for people who use it.  I do think the app has revealed to people that things are indeed fouled up with their record data on the immigration database, but I doubt the app has ever caused such problems.  I do caution people that one of the reported problems of the app is under certain circumstances telling the user erroneously that they are on overstay.  It's not true, in most cases, but is a reflection of the bad state of the immigration database.  I would only try the app if the website was not working for you.  And then you must take the possibly erroneous status you may see on the app into account.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, skatewash said:

However, I don't think using the app has ever fouled things up for people who use it.  I do think the app has revealed to people that things are indeed fouled up with their record data on the immigration database

This is what I meant , if you don't use the app. then there is less chance of things been fouled up. 

I used the app. while away on one occasion , now I am unable to do 90 days online ,cos' I'm on 300 days overstay. 

The app. is run and supposedly maintained by Immi.

On 8/8/2021 at 3:30 PM, Scooby Snacks said:

Well, today is the start of my online 90-day reporting window and, sure enough, the website isn't working! I tried the app, which shows my visa expiration as June 2022 but now has me over 70 days on overstay...

I'm debating whether to try to mail the documents to CW or make the long journey out to MTT in 2 weeks. Can anyone advise on the following:

1) Is the address to send in the 90-day report documents still the CW address listed on the immigration website? Has anyone mailed it directly to MTT?

2) From comments I've read, it can take up to a month or more to get back the approval form. Has anyone had a problem with it not being returned? (It makes me nervous to wait beyond the deadline including 6 day grace period and hope they will get it back to me at some point).

3) I guess the downside risk is maximum 2,000 baht fine but have never had it happen. Does anyone have any comments about the maximum potential fine and whether or not it made a difference that you were able to produce a registered mail receipt?

I'm already within the 15 days they want to receive the documents in BKK but have read that they usually will send back the approval with a note about sending it in earlier next time.

Two reports ago when the online system had crashed, I sent in the documents using return postage paid EMS. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to access and print out my previous report so I sent them the e-mail from immigration that the report had been approved. When I got past the deadline and still hadn't received the approval by return mail, I decided to go to MTT before the 6-day grace period expired... This time I saved the next appointment slip pdf and printed it out.

Any thoughts on my queries above are most appreciated!

Well that would appear to be that, then, as far as online 90-day reporting is concerned for at least another 3 months on account of the need for yet more "systems maintenance" by the Immigration Bureau's IT boffins presumably!

Edited by OJAS
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, OJAS said:

Well that would appear to be that, then, as far as online 90-day reporting is concerned for at least another 3 months on account of the need for yet more "systems maintenance" by the Immigration Bureau's IT boffins presumably!

Typical - my online 90 day reporting dates are due next week or so. I have two windows.

5 hours ago, Scooby Snacks said:

Well, today is the start of my online 90-day reporting window and, sure enough, the website isn't working! I tried the app, which shows my visa expiration as June 2022 but now has me over 70 days on overstay...

At least wait until tomorrow and it will probably be up again.

The extranet is down. Immigration may of taken down maintenance to since it is a holiday or they may of not been anybody working to reboot it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, pon2007 said:

Extranet is still down. Last time maintenance took 3-4 months and after that only a few people had reported success with online 90 days reporting. Heading to the post office.

Dream job: Thai immigration IT dept. don't have to do anything, 0 results and still getting paid.

Me too I'm heading to the post office

14 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

For me, both the website and the app are up, and available for data entry.

The site up again. Refreshed the page just a bit aqo.

Timing of it being back up is about the same as before when it was down when immigration went to work.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

The site up again. Refreshed the page just a bit aqo.

Timing of it being back up is about the same as before when it was down when immigration went to work.

Yes but still wouldn't work for me with the ridiculous "overstay" non-issue which they have created. Good thing I just sent it in by EMS and if they don't reply I will sort the mess out once I've moved upcountry, provided the interprovincial travel ever opens up again...