Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

I've always used a reputable travel agent for all my visa business. I could sent it by post from Bangkok to Pattaya but I never notified the Jomtien immigration of my change of address thinking it would only be a short stay. I dont think the Jomtien office would be very happy sending the return mail to me in Bangkok when their records tell them that I reside in Pattaya. I suspect a 2,000 baht fine coming up, I cant complain as it will be first immigration offence since I moved to Thailand 22 years ago. Probably I need to ring my travel agent on Monday coming to hear what he suggests. Thanks again.

My 90-day report was due July 22, and blissfully unaware of the 3 holidays this week, I had planned to go to MTT on Tuesday, the 27th. Since I'll *have* to go on Thursday, the 29th, I'd like some advice on what might be the best time to show up at MTT for this.

Are they restricting the number of 90-day reports allowed per day?

In the past I've tried to avoid getting there early to let the initial rush pass, but now don't know what to do. Any help would be much appreciated.

3 minutes ago, rockedbottom said:

My 90-day report was due July 22, and blissfully unaware of the 3 holidays this week, I had planned to go to MTT on Tuesday, the 27th. Since I'll *have* to go on Thursday, the 29th, I'd like some advice on what might be the best time to show up at MTT for this.

In the past I've tried to avoid getting there early to let the initial rush pass, but now don't know what to do. Any help would be much appreciated.

I did mine (for Bangkok) online on Monday afternoon, was approved Thursday Morning so try to do it that way if you can. 

If you can't then my agent on Soi 24 does it for around 375 THB as long as it's not your 1st one & you're not late ("late" being 7+ days after your report date)  

Failing that if you do need to go in person then you will need to book an appointment, I don't think they allow "Walk Ins" anymore. 

Edit: Sorry, I've just realised that there are 3 public holidays next week so doing it on line might not help but it might be worth a try & at the same time book a slot on Thurs/Fri/Mon if it's not approved & plead that you at least tried to do it online before the 7 days ran out (You shouldn't get fined if you do it on the 1st working day after the public holidays)   

Edited by Mike Teavee

1 minute ago, rockedbottom said:

The additional holiday on the 27th was canceled by the cabinet last month. Immigration will be open.

There is no restriction on how many 90 day reports that can be done a day.

There is a limit of 300 queue ticket a day for the K desk for extensions.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, rockedbottom said:

I haven't kept tabs on whether or not the online reporting site is working or not lately but I used it in June and it worked just fine...took about two minutes to do and I got a confirmation five minutes later.

Here's the link if you want to give it a shot...sure beats trudging into the Imm office and doing it in person.

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

EDIT: I just realized you are past due...sorry about that.  In the future try online...much easier than in-person, and if I remember correctly you can do it online right up to the deadline day now.

BTW, I agree with the other poster @Mike Teavee that using an agent is your best bet right now.  I used an agent once for something that got a littel complicated with Imm and she worked miracles!  Cheap enough to do and if it saves you a trip into Imm  and all the wrangling with an Imm officer who does not speak English and decides to take their bad day out on you, that's always a good thing, and money well spent. ????

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1

I have tried the Imm website to do my 90 day reports but never succeeded.   Today I got the same annoying non informative error message as previous attempts.  I had also previously tried the phone app and failed.

So I tried the phone app again and this time I got to the Pending status.

What did I do differently this time?

The phone app wouldn't accept my usual email address because it was already being used.  Probably during my previous attempts.  I just changed to an alternative email address and carried on.

Also this time I used advice that I had read on TV and didn't provide any information that wasn't termed mandatory by the app.  For instance I didn't give my arrival flight identifier.

Using the reference number produced by the phone app, I was able to see my status using the Imm web site.  Things are looking ????

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, gamb00ler said:

I have tried the Imm website to do my 90 day reports but never succeeded.   Today I got the same annoying non informative error message as previous attempts.  I had also previously tried the phone app and failed.

So I tried the phone app again and this time I got to the Pending status.

What did I do differently this time?

The phone app wouldn't accept my usual email address because it was already being used.  Probably during my previous attempts.  I just changed to an alternative email address and carried on.

Also this time I used advice that I had read on TV and didn't provide any information that wasn't termed mandatory by the app.  For instance I didn't give my arrival flight identifier.

Using the reference number produced by the phone app, I was able to see my status using the Imm web site.  Things are looking ????

The online Imm website and app are probably the buggiest I've ever seen.  In fact, if you wanted to write about how NOT to build a proper online registration site, the Imm one would be the example to use.

There are all sorts of tricks to get around its "bugginess".  Try these 4 things and see if it helps, they have helped me in the past,  I have never been successful on the mobile app and only use the desktop version:

• First be sure to purge your browser's cache before visiting the site, especially if you have made previous attempt.  I think this is the major issue most people have because the site stores cookies and so when you try a second time, the stored cookies interfere.
  • Fill in ONLY the fields marked with a red asterisk
  • Make sure that you are in the proper timeframe for submission.  Many who have failed attempts are simply because they try one day too early.
  • Once you are successful be sure you have saved a snapshot of your entries so that you can enter the EXACT same thing the next time or your next scheduled 90 day report may fail because it does not exactly match your previous entires from a successful submission.
Edited by WaveHunter

11 minutes ago, gamb00ler said:

For instance I didn't give my arrival flight identifier.

That could be the reason if it did not match what they have in their records from you last entry to the country.

On 7/23/2021 at 12:36 PM, NONG CHOK said:

I need to do a 90 day report in Pattaya soon but I'm now staying in Bangkok. Is it possible to travel from Bangkok to Pattaya via the motorway during the day at the moment. I realise the online service is always mentioned but I've tried it many times over the years and it's never worked for me. Thanks.

just send it to an agent and have them send it back to you
Kerry and such do collection service so you or the agent dont need go anywhere
i use Thai visa pattaya, 500 baht, convenient for myself as he picks up and drops off my PP
let me know if you want his number/LINE
or just search on google maps and its there.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

The additional holiday on the 27th was canceled by the cabinet last month. Immigration will be open.

There is no restriction on how many 90 day reports that can be done a day.

There is a limit of 300 queue ticket a day for the K desk for extensions.

Thanks Ubonjoe. And thanks to the others who replied - I should have mentioned that online is not an option for me for the same reason many others are facing. 

A trip to MTT on the 27th it is.

• 2 weeks later...

Just done my 90 day online, Chonburi..............................something different, instant approval!............instead of the usual pending notification it went straight to approved and ready for printing out the next appointment slip............did the report at 5.30am so immigration not even open.............must have gone fully automated?

• Like 2

4 weeks since I mailed in my 90 day report and nothing has returned by EMS, as I did include an envelope with the EMS stamping.  This is just insanity, I mean how long does it take to process the ones received by mail. I have heard reports of folks getting them back in 2 weeks, and over 6 weeks later, shows just how inefficient they really are.  With Covid as it is in Bangkok, going to MTT to wait is not an ideal situation. For whatever reason the online issue for many of us who obtained our extension of stay should be rectified.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thaiflyer1 said:

Just done my 90 day online, Chonburi..............................something different, instant approval!............instead of the usual pending notification it went straight to approved and ready for printing out the next appointment slip............did the report at 5.30am so immigration not even open.............must have gone fully automated?

Some offices have been auto approving reports form some time now. My last 5-6 reports (Buriram) have all been auto approved instantly as yours was.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thaiflyer1 said:

My latest 90 day address report failed online, as did the last two, could not progress beyond page one.
Went to immigration office in my province yesterday, one hour drive away.

Walked in at 09:30, 4 officers manning the desks, one customer.... 2 minutes later I was on my way home.

Something else to note, they have a special seating area outside with it's own office for migrants, usually packed with workers from Myanmar, always around 40-50 even at 08:30 when the doors open.

Not one yesterday.

Edited by hotchilli

Hi all, seriously why don't they scrap the absurd 90days report. It may have been useful for Immigration to know your whereabouts when we had to report in person. Nowadays reporting online or by normal mail the sender could be anywhere in Thailand. Actually I'm in a covid retreat at my holiday house in a very remote area and 150 kms from my registered address. Stay safe everyone as we're in for the long haul here. Cheers.

• Like 1

My online report looks like a failure again so will visit the IO, last report also failed online but previous to the site going down I could report online without problem.

Has anyone had any success in reviving the online report at their IO by bringing it to their attention ??

Last time I forgot to mention it as was in and out in less than a minute but this time I aim to try and make them aware online doesn’t work for me.

Or will I be wasting my breath ??

( Ayutthaya IO )

34 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

My online report looks like a failure again so will visit the IO, last report also failed online but previous to the site going down I could report online without problem.

If you did a report in person when the extranet for online reporting was down they probably did not update the online system to show you did the report. That causes the system to not let you to one since it shows you're not within the reporting window.

The local offices should be able to update the system to show your reports in person.

I was able to do a online report in June after doing one in person in April since apparently the office here updated the system.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If you did a report in person when the extranet for online reporting was down they probably did not update the online system to show you did the report. That causes the system to not let you to one since it shows you're not within the reporting window.

The local offices should be able to update the system to show your reports in person.

I was able to do a online report in June after doing one in person in April since apparently the office here updated the system.

Even though in person report at MT Bangkok and IO said can do online the online system still says I am Overstay and can not do online or mobile app. This is my second report after in person report. Bangkok is not updating everyone even when they state they did. Calling them did no good.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, asiaexpat said:

Even though in person report at MT Bangkok and IO said can do online the online system still says I am Overstay and can not do online or mobile app. This is my second report after in person report. Bangkok is not updating everyone even when they state they did. Calling them did no good.

The overstay notice means your last extension was not entered in the system when you did it. On the app you should get a popup message showing your permit to stay date when you open the app.

image.png.e348d8ba497fba6fe935c909db25bcd0.png

On the app it will give you the message that you are not within the reporting window when your try do the report.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Okay thanks UJ, I’ll mention it to them.

My extension should be good as get this message on the app.

0F632F17-41ED-42A9-BC27-1BE76280F2E8.jpeg.9c1a0d888f10539f144f4064081922f8.jpeg

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

4 weeks since I mailed in my 90 day report and nothing has returned by EMS, as I did include an envelope with the EMS stamping.  This is just insanity, I mean how long does it take to process the ones received by mail. I have heard reports of folks getting them back in 2 weeks, and over 6 weeks later, shows just how inefficient they really are.  With Covid as it is in Bangkok, going to MTT to wait is not an ideal situation. For whatever reason the online issue for many of us who obtained our extension of stay should be rectified.

You should just be days away from getting it, from date mailed, mine was 32 days......

Edited by CANSIAM

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes

Waiting to see if mine changes after I apply this month. Report is due next month.

UJ, my last 90 day was done by mail successfully, I've downloaded the immigration app and considering trying it late this month. Online using Computor last time no success. Any thoughts ? thanks  

21 minutes ago, CANSIAM said:

UJ, my last 90 day was done by mail successfully, I've downloaded the immigration app and considering trying it late this month. Online using Computor last time no success. Any thoughts ? thanks  

They app will give more information that the online site that just has the contact your local office message.

If they updated the the system when you did your last report it should go through.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NONG CHOK said:

Hi all, seriously why don't they scrap the absurd 90days report. It may have been useful for Immigration to know your whereabouts when we had to report in person. Nowadays reporting online or by normal mail the sender could be anywhere in Thailand. Actually I'm in a covid retreat at my holiday house in a very remote area and 150 kms from my registered address. Stay safe everyone as we're in for the long haul here. Cheers.

I always use an agent, it's hassles free and costs me 200 baht. This time is different as I stated before I'm 150 kms from my registered address. That's a 300 km round trip and peace of mind not worrying where next checkpoint is.

4 hours ago, NONG CHOK said:

Edited by NONG CHOK

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

They app will give more information that the online site that just has the contact your local office message.

If they updated the the system when you did your last report it should go through.

Just tried the app again, this time I got past the first page ( usually get a message to report only between 15 and 7 days and cannot progress )

This time got to submit, only to get this message:

666016E2-44B9-40DD-BF8A-62F99A922C15.thumb.png.79926a6ebd93c359a2a3ed0a008debb7.png

What’s that all about ?

6 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

A quick question:

Am on a retirement extension from a 2017 OA  visa , what do I put in 

“ visa issue date “

” visa expiration date “

My original visa dates or my current extension dates ?

42EB76B0-344D-45D4-B6DD-D62E02208BA8.thumb.png.9b5725b9cc36bdb9ba16eef42de7d792.png

Immigration often uses the term visa when it would be more accurate to use the term extension of stay.  So the dates in question should be answered with respect to your latest extension of stay.

9 minutes ago, skatewash said:

Immigration often uses the term visa when it would be more accurate to use the term extension of stay.  So the dates in question should be answered with respect to your latest extension of stay.

Yes, that’s what I thought but due to the error message I posted a couple of posts up I thought I would ask the question.

Looks like a trip to IO, luckily it is only 10 minutes away.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

What’s that all about ?

It apparently a problem with the apps connection to the online system.

Try again since it does not appear to be a problem with the info you entered.

• Like 1