Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

Joe that's interesting. I did the previous 90 day report online about two weeks after getting the extension in early May, using the new June 2022 permission to stay date, which was accepted and approved online. For the next 90-day report due end of August, I tried using the app, which showed the correct expiration date of June 2022, but had me on overstay counting from when the previous extension had expired. The app did seem to look at my previous 90 day report to fill in the correct expiration date, but then ignored the new date, showing me on overstay, so I was unable to proceed with the report online. 

I would like to now see if the app has corrected the overstay problem or not. So far I have been unable to log in.

1 hour ago, Scooby Snacks said:

I just received my approved 90-day report back in the post this morning. There was a note on it to send it in earlier next time (I had sent it by EMS about 13 days before due and it arrived well before the 7 day mark). They even attached a blank form for next time along with the original paperwork to make it easier to mail in next time. I've tried to log into the app to see if this has cleared up the erroneous overstay notice, but so far unsuccessfully.

The requirement is to mail 15 days or more before due date - also have that red notice as mine was sent a day or two less than the required 15.  So to be on time for mail you can not even try using the online report.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

The requirement is to mail 15 days or more before due date - also have that red notice as mine was sent a day or two less than the required 15.  So to be on time for mail you can not even try using the online report.

Last time I sent 15 days before and included a note to say "1 day late because online not work" and it came back without the post early note. this time I again sent it on day 15 (first day of online, but outside 15 day) but didn't include note - assumed they were OK/understanding of 1 day late - let's see how it comes back.....

17 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I have discovered the pop up message you get when opening the app is based upon the permit to stay date you entered on the your most recent online report.

See my post that I did on the 4th here. 

Hi Joe, just adding more confusion,I did my last online report 10 days before my old permission to stay expired,I entered 2022 details which were accepted,later the app showed new permission to stay date and overstay normal. i presume that I reverted to overstay on the date my old extension expired Renewed my permission to stay a month earlier

Edited by norbra

1 hour ago, norbra said:

Currently I cannot login via app,accepts username but stalls at password

44 minutes ago, norbra said:

Hi Joe, just adding more confusion,I did my last online report 10 days before my old permission to stay expired,I entered 2022 details which were accepted,later the app showed new permission to stay date and overstay normal. i presume that I reverted to overstay on the date my old extension expired Renewed my permission to stay a month earlier

That would not stop you from logging into the app. There must be another problem.

Just logged into the app without a problem.

If you get the overstay message when submitting a report on the app it is a problem with something at you local office.

Apparently not all offices are using the same system for 90 day reports that is causing that and other problems.

1 hour ago, norbra said:

Progress????

Overstay popup has been removed. Completeded  page 1 error passport stay date problem at CW office

Edited by norbra

4 minutes ago, Scooby Snacks said:

Hi Joe, I was able to log into the app. As before, it shows my correct expiration date of June 2022, but now an overstay of over 100 days, even though I received the accepted 90 day report by post on Saturday. Looks like I will need to mail it in from now on....

It seems you local office does not update the online records when you do a extension. Not really sure what the problem is.

I have been getting instant approval of my report since I did the first one online about a year ago.

Had to do one in person in April when the extranet was down and then no problem for the next one done online (app). Others had problems doing them online after doing one in person then.

Maybe is is something to do with the local system they are using.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

fyi, I was at BKK CW Immigration yesterday for my annual extension renewal... And I had an upcoming 90-day report coming due on Oct. 8 -- 3+ weeks into the future.

I asked the officer doing my extension, and she readily/easily agreed to reset my 90-day report and give me a new date and slip for mid-December. (So hopefully I also won't have to worry about my extension not being updated in their system the next time I go to do a regular online 90-day report).

All she wanted from me was a completed TM47 form -- which I had already brought with me on the expectation of at least asking if they'd take care of the upcoming 90-day report for me while I was there for my other business.

It's a nice change of behavior to see on their part --  considering that they've spent most of the past two or so years telling everyone going to BKK CW Immigration that anything having to do with 90-day reporting could ONLY be handled at the other Muang Thong Thani Immigration office.

That is excellent news. Was the 90 days report done then and there with the same immigration officer that did your extension or did you have to go to that little corner room?

I wonder if they will also take the 2,000 fine and reset my 90 days report when it is time for my extension, as I am skipping the whole 90 days reporting thing for now.

10 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

So hopefully I also won't have to worry about my extension not being updated in their system the next time I go to do a regular online 90-day report

Yeah, hopefully this will allow us to use the online 90-day reporting system. Will prepare a mail-in package just in case.

And I assume we'll have to file a 90-day report at each subsequent annual extension? I guess I'll add a TM.47 to my doclist.

When I went the previous week, they just handed out the TM.47s to us in the "L" desk waiting area, saying it could get us "into the system and allow us to use the online system". I completed the form, handed it back to the staff person, who returned with a new next report date slip. This was done before meeting with the initial IO.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

And I assume we'll have to file a 90-day report at each subsequent annual extension? I guess I'll add a TM.47 to my doclist.

I don't think you will need to do a report when you do your next extension. It seems Bangkok had a problem with their online report system are attempting to get it sorted out.

I did a online 90 day report to the office here 2 weeks ago after applying for my extension without a problem. They have the system set to auto approval so no wait for a email confirming it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

I did a online 90 day report to the office here 2 weeks ago after applying for my extension without a problem. They have the system set to auto approval so no wait for a email confirming it.

Could you explain "They have the system set to auto approval so no wait for a email confirming it."   Thank you.

I and three colleagues have been trying to online reports for a few months now and it is not possible to get past the first page.  Either, a white screen or told to report to immigration.   Tried using Chrome,Firefox, Safari etc on their website.  Nothing.   I have spoken to some friends in 4 different provinces and they have had the same issues.

All these people are fully aware of the time frame for reporting online and have also tried the app.   Still nothing.

I spoke with Chiang Mai immigration on two occasions, showed them a copy of my attempts and the standard phrase to report (screencaptured).   They just said internet online must be down!!

I even sent an email to the webmaster/developer four weeks ago.   Strangely enough, they did not reply!

Thank you

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Raindancer said:

Could you explain "They have the system set to auto approval so no wait for a email confirming it."   Thank you.

Several offices are now allowing automatic approval's now.

As soon as I submit page 2 of the report It gives me a pop up message it is approved.

I then go back on the online reporting site to check the status uo my report and it shows it as approved. I then download the approved report and the next appointment slip so have them if needed later. I then print the receipt for the report.

47 minutes ago, Raindancer said:

All these people are fully aware of the time frame for reporting online and have also tried the app. 

I am not sure what the problem is with system at some offices. I have heard that some offices have not updated to the newest online report system.

When using the mobile app it gives more than one message when you do the report instead of just check with your local office. If out of the reporting window it informs you of that. The other one is for being on a overstay caused by the local office not updating the online report system when a new extension was applied for.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

When I went the previous week, they just handed out the TM.47s to us in the "L" desk waiting area, saying it could get us "into the system and allow us to use the online system". I completed the form, handed it back to the staff person, who returned with a new next report date slip. This was done before meeting with the initial IO.

Ohh! That's interesting.

When I was at BKK CW on Thursday, they were enforcing the COVID protocols, meaning they wouldn't let anyone into the L Desk waiting area until they were very close to calling your queue number. So I was stuck waiting outside the front entrance in the social distance seating area they set up there.

Thus, as a result, I didn't really have any "sitting around" time inside near the L Desk area before I was called in to handle my extension stuff.  But once inside with the officer, after she had finished doing my extension stuff, I pulled out a fully completed TM47 90-day report doc that I had brought along, and she quickly and readily took it and gave me the future reporting date receipt.

So obviously, there's been some kind of re-think there at BKK CW reversing their former unwillingness to have anything to do with 90-day reporting in the wake of them shifting the main bulk of 90-day reporting activity to MTT.

At this point, it would seem that anyone doing an extension at BKK CW who has a 90-day reporting coming due anytime soon ought to consider bringing along and asking them to process the 90-day report there at BKK CW -- certainly at least until and unless they actually remedy the various  problems they continue to have with the online reporting system. And/or you happen to like taking trips out to MTT  :-).

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

That is excellent news. Was the 90 days report done then and there with the same immigration officer that did your extension or did you have to go to that little corner room?

I wonder if they will also take the 2,000 fine and reset my 90 days report when it is time for my extension, as I am skipping the whole 90 days reporting thing for now.

Dunno about the answer to your second question above.

But as to your first question, yes, after I made the request to her and she agreed, the same officer handling my extension renewal then took my completed TM47 right there at her desk, and then printed out and handed me the future reporting date receipt within about 2 minutes as I sat there. No going to some other cubicle or dealing with anyone else. All quick, neat and clean!

PS - the one thing I dont know about going that seemingly new route is whether BKK CW has any timeframe limits on their willingness to do the 90 day reporting along with the extension renewal.

In my case, my future 90 reporting date was 3+ weeks into the future, and obviously they were fine with that. Would they have been OK if it was 4 or 5 weeks into the future, that I don't know.

Thus far, I personally have never been locked out of the online system for 90-day reporting. So for me, handling the upcoming 90-day report there at BKK CW while doing my extension was just a matter of convenience, and hopefully avoiding any potential problem with my new extension not getting reflected in the 90 days system.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

The auto approval is great but it is screaming to high heaven how redundant and unnecessary the whole 90 days report system is.

Get rid of the darn thing Immigration and do us all a favor.

Immigration cannot end 90 day reports on their own. It is in the immigration act of 1979 that has never been amended.

The parliament have to do a amendment to to do away with it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Immigration cannot end 90 day reports on their own. It is in the immigration act of 1979 that has never been amended.

The parliament have to do a amendment to to do away with it.

Or the requirement (law) could just be ignored. It's been ignored before.

• Like 2

Has anyone ever encountered this problem......did my 90 day online on July 2nd , I have the approval form that shows next check in is this month.....this morning I open the application and it says I'm like 76 days over stay ......what is going on ? 

8 minutes ago, James76 said:

Has anyone ever encountered this problem......did my 90 day online on July 2nd , I have the approval form that shows next check in is this month.....this morning I open the application and it says I'm like 76 days over stay ......what is going on ? 

Incompetence or ignorance? I cannot think of any other reason.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, James76 said:

Was that on the popup message you get when you open the app or when you tried to do your report.

If when submitting your report that means you have applied for a new extensions of stay since your last 90 day report and your office did not or could not update your online reporting record.

It was the pop up message when opening the app....it said 76 days overstay .....and would not let me submit a new online report ....but as stated I have the approval from the last 90 online report that clearly shows October 4, 2021 as the next report date ....even says approved ....

8 minutes ago, James76 said:

To be more concise....when trying to submit a new report it says "cannot submit online when in overstay period "   

... you did your anal ... no, I mean annual extension after your last successful 90day rep, yes?

Then your new 'permitted to stay until' date - one more year - has not been entered into the 90day database which apparently is a separate system and now has you on 'overstay' which of course you are not ... welcome to the club ...

Until this is fixed you'll have to 90day rep per registered mail or in person I'm afraid ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, James76 said:

It was the pop up message when opening the app....it said 76 days overstay .....and would not let me submit a new online report ....but as stated I have the approval from the last 90 online report that clearly shows October 4, 2021 as the next report date ....even says approved ....

15 minutes ago, James76 said:

To be more concise....when trying to submit a new report it says "cannot submit online when in overstay period "   

That means you permit to stay has expired and it has nothing to with your report date.

I suspect you have applied for a new extension of stay since your last report and the system was not updated when it was done.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, James76 said:

I asked a couple of weeks ago at immigration how long it would take to fix the database transfer- mai roo and rolling eyes was the answer

• Like 2