Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Certainly not.

There no linkage between immigration and the  department of consular affairs of the MFA.

There doesn't even appear to be a link between the computers used for in person reporting and the computers used for on-line reporting.

11 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Tried to report on Friday, got the pop up, go to Immigration,

so had to post it in, wrote letter put inside with documents asking

why it's not working ......not expecting a reply.

regards Worgeordie

People are always complaining and complaining. Look at the Android app. The last update was only recently on March 2020. Hardly a year ago. So be patient. They are working on it. ????

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The one for Bangkok was taken down in June due to security and privacy concerns.

Yet in some offices they use passport and bank book copies for other peoples 90 day reports .

Looks like it's down again. I tried three different browser types and, as usual, carefully inputted the info which has worked countless times in the past. The problem is the site. This pop up occurs after submitting page 1. I've not seen this before. If you press the button, it simply returns to page 1. This happens on all the browser types I used. The immigration for my area is Bangkok. 

For the avoidance of doubt, I am in Thailand, I am not using VPN etc etc. 

image.png.e438137f495db4824021b9ccc4047969.png

On 8/8/2021 at 7:27 AM, NE1 said:

There are quite a few of us who have the app. and it shows us on overstay.

Since my last extension I have not been able to do a 90 day online report because of this.

I have been to my local immigration office , shown the app. and its overstay , at first they get excited thinking I had overstayed , 

then after a check of my passport is done , they shrug it off.

It doesn't matter how many times I said " but with this wrongly showing overstay I cannot report online ".

The reply was " no worry you can come here and report , it is not a problem ".

But no matter how many times I aked for help to reset it , they just replied  " no problem can come here and report "

In the end they gave me a phone number for Bangkok Immigration which I called numerous times and not once has anybody answered.

If you don't have the app. I think you do not have the problem.

Same story as me and several others posting here.  I'm on my 2nd failed 90 days and I'm not hopeful this will solved any time soon.  Back to mailing as it's not that big of a deal.

How some of you are getting through is a mystery.  

Why can't we do a 90 day in person outside of our province?  That seems ridiculous.  

28 minutes ago, Gaccha said:

Looks like it's down again. I tried three different browser types and, as usual, carefully inputted the info which has worked countless times in the past. The problem is the site. This pop up occurs after submitting page 1. I've not seen this before. If you press the button, it simply returns to page 1. This happens on all the browser types I used. The immigration for my area is Bangkok. 

That does not mean the site is down. 

There are many reasons for getting that message.

In many cases it is caused by an error when entering the required info on page 1.

I assume you are within the 15 days before the report date window.

A new problem it that you have applied for a new extension of stay since your last report that was not entered in the system causing it to reject your report due to an overstay.

I did get an extension of stay since my last report, so I suppose that might be the reason. I'm in the 15 day window, so I'll keep trying until Day 0. If it doesn't correct, I'll enjoy the 4 hour trip to and from immigration.  

15 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

A new problem it that you have applied for a new extension of stay since your last report that was not entered in the system causing it to reject your report due to an overstay.

It doesn't matter how many times members post about this problem it is is an immigration problem which they refuse to correct .

So somebody like the poster Gaccha , who has obeyed and played by the rules now has a 4 hour return journey because Immigration cannot be bothered.

1 hour ago, Nowisee said:

Same story as me and several others posting here.  I'm on my 2nd failed 90 days and I'm not hopeful this will solved any time soon.  Back to mailing as it's not that big of a deal.

How some of you are getting through is a mystery.  

Why can't we do a 90 day in person outside of our province?  That seems ridiculous.  

They want total control mate but then again why do people such as myself have to do 90 day reports in the first place. I've had a non immigration visa for the past 20 years. I'm legally married to a Thai, I've owned the property where I'm registered for the past 18 years and and still have to go through all this <deleted>. It gets a hassle we don't need when we're 75 plus years old.

4 hours ago, Gaccha said:

I did get an extension of stay since my last report, so I suppose that might be the reason. I'm in the 15 day window, so I'll keep trying until Day 0. If it doesn't correct, I'll enjoy the 4 hour trip to and from immigration.  

I just checked using the App and they do - wrongly- think I'm overstayed. Infuriating. And now I'll be punished for their incompetence. 

Screenshot_20210824-220037.jpg

5 minutes ago, Gaccha said:

I just checked using the App and they do - wrongly- think I'm overstayed. Infuriating. And now I'll be punished for their incompetence. 

Screenshot_20210824-220037.jpg

But you are not on overstay, right? So why would they punish you? Just do the report at the office. They won't even be aware of what that app says. 

Ive only reported online 2 times, and the next one is due after my next extension of stay. Let's see if there is a problem. Either way, I live 15 mins from their office so it's not a big deal. Just don't want to be there during this pandemic. 

12 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That does not mean the site is down. 

There are many reasons for getting that message.

In many cases it is caused by an error when entering the required info on page 1.

I assume you are within the 15 days before the report date window.

Just as a question...

when you say "the information was not entered into the system" during the last ext,

what is the officer doing when tapping away at the keyboard and taking a new photo when processing the information/application, are they not inputting it into the system which if outside Bangkok is networked?

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Just as a question...

when you say "the information was not entered into the system" during the last ext,

The online reporting system is not tied to immigrations primary system where they enter the new extension info. It has to be done in the online reporting system.

9 hours ago, Gaccha said:

And now I'll be punished for their incompetence. 

No you won't if you grow some before you go. If you think you've been hard done by ask for the officers number and take it up to the next level. All to gain nothing lost.

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

what is the officer doing when tapping away at the keyboard and taking a new photo when processing the information/application, are they not inputting it into the system which if outside Bangkok is networked?

30 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The online reporting system is not tied to immigrations primary system where they enter the new extension info. It has to be done in the online reporting system.

That is what I don't understand , why isn't it networked ?  They all work for the same team.

51 days from the date I mailed in my 90 day report and still nothing in the mail.  Called last week and they told me my new date was for the 18th of October and they had received it.  The IO claimed the Thai post office was closed or having problems due to staffing from Covid.  I sent a return envelope stamped with EMS post from here in BKK as well.  Frustrating is what this is, just because the IO did not get my extension entered so I could do my online 90 day report.  The phone app shows my extension date of last year 20/11/2020 with Overstay: Normal, which also makes no sense as I should be showing an overstay of many days based upon the extension date it shows.  Something is definitely wrong with their system.

1 minute ago, NE1 said:

That is what I don't understand , why isn't it networked ?  They all work for the same team.

All I know is that the online reporting was set up as a standalone system on immigration's extranet. I suspect that was to protect their primary system from intrusions.

Same as the offices system for in person reporting not being linked to the primary system since there is no need for a national database.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

since there is no need for a national database.

Wouldn't you have thought a national database would have made life easier for the Immigration dept. 

Sort of enter one name and date of birth and you have all the info. required .

27 minutes ago, NE1 said:

Wouldn't you have thought a national database would have made life easier for the Immigration dept. 

Sort of enter one name and date of birth and you have all the info. required .

The already have a national database to check a person's records. But not for 90 day reporting other than online reporting.

If a person has the passport number, date of birth and nationality of a person they can check a person's online reporting record of submitted reports.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

They already have a national database to check a person's records. But not for 90 day reporting other than online reporting.

If a person has the passport number, date of birth and nationality of a person they can check a person's online reporting record of submitted reports.

It doesn't matter which way you look at it , from our point of view it is not working.

and once again , I say it is not working because of the online reporting app. ( not website )

Surely it cannot be a coincidence that those of us who have used the app. and now have "overstay " showing cannot report online as we have done previously with out problems.

There must be a connection there somewhere.

12 minutes ago, NE1 said:

Surely it cannot be a coincidence that those of us who have used the app. and now have "overstay " showing cannot report online as we have done previously with out problems.

There must be a connection there somewhere.

There is no connection that would cause the problem due to having the app installed. Both access the same database for info and report submittals.

The advantage of using the app it that is does not give one message to check with your local office when it page one is rejected. On the app it will inform you are outside the reporting window and on a overstay. It will also inform you if you make an error when entering your info on the first page.

You can check previous report done online with the app and vice versa.

31 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no connection that would cause the problem due to having the app installed. Both access the same database for info and report submittals.

The app. installed is not the problem , it is the non connection between the Immigration data they punch in when we do our yearly ext. and the app. database. 

If that were connected , then it wouldn't show as overstay.

I will not be convinced until somebody who has overstay on the app. is able to do a 90 day online report on the website.

I posted this in another thread:

The system is broke.
It worked for me in Dec 2020.
Extension of Stay in March 2021 and the IO showed me that he also did my 90 day.  THAT is what I think caused my problem.
90 day early June 2021 broken, indicated I was on overstay.
90 day late August 2021 broken

Ubonjoe:

My expiry/renew date was 29August.  I was trying on 23 and 24 August.  
The site says within 15 days. 
What can I do to fix it so that I can use either the app or the online?  

2 hours ago, NE1 said:

The app. installed is not the problem , it is the non connection between the Immigration data they punch in when we do our yearly ext. and the app. database. 

If that were connected , then it wouldn't show as overstay.

I will not be convinced until somebody who has overstay on the app. is able to do a 90 day online report on the website.

I don't think this used to be a problem either. Did officers use to update both systems when doing an extension and then get retrained to stop doing it? It seems like a problem that has only appeared in the last couple of years? 

Archived