International Departure - Restaurant Food Prices

cigar7

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Free water in the drinking fountains.

Your brave if you drink that unfiltered crap.

No thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You may be confusing brave with foolish. That said, I don't drink it, but again, I'm not the one whining about prices at the airport.

• 5 months later...

Not to be missed at Suvarnabhumi is KIN RAMEN on the third floor. Depending if you arrive or fly out, this is the first or last chance, to enjoy a decently chilled fresh Singha beer from the tap. It was worth it, every single sip.

Liquid lunch I'd reckon but how's the Ramen?

Not to be missed at Suvarnabhumi is KIN RAMEN on the third floor. Depending if you arrive or fly out, this is the first or last chance, to enjoy a decently chilled fresh Singha beer from the tap. It was worth it, every single sip.

Liquid lunch I'd reckon but how's the Ramen?

I have no idea, but I figure average

Yep. But I fly EVA when I return to the USA, connecting throught Taiwan. I quite enjoy their food so I have learned to just wait a little bit for my three meals on the journey. But if one is waiting at the airport for any length of time I do recommend the 1st floor eatery. Price is good, quality is OK and it is a good place to see real working Thais going about their daily routine. Lots of pretty stewardess eat there

Same in Canada or major airports in the world !

Last September at Vancouver Airport, a chicken salad sandwich and a small bottle of water ( Dasani Brand) 16 CAD $ at domestic gates departure area .

I think I paid $90 hkd for each beer I drank in Hong Kong airport a few weeks ago but it was delicious hoegardeen beer from Belgium

I think I paid $52 hkd for a big Mac meal etc

Airport prices are a disaster almost worldwide, if you're stuck there for a few boring hours its hard to avoid having a meal or a few beers...

At BKK it's not the prices that drive me crazy, it's the fact you can't get decent food no matter what the price is. Don't mind paying, I'd been eating Thai for 2 months straight, so got a cheeseburger before checking in, 300 baht and could only stomach 1 bite. Again not the money but the food sucked.

I always arrange my departure time at BKK around 20/21h, I check in around 18h and walk the tunnel to the Novotel for their excellent buffet which begins at 18h for 1050B net (plus drinks) then take their minibus to departures. Way better than a rubbish 500B intermediate level fast food meal.

Don't tell me you like the airline food...

One of the things I appreciate about Japan. Everything is expensive just about anywhere. They don't have this idea one is to be fleeced additionally just because one is at an airport, ski resort or amusement park.

Bkk has plenty of options in my opinion, at least outside security. I can usually be found stuffing my gullet at the Royal Silk lounge but inside there is a good spot for Paninni and others near the C concourse.

The USA is the worst. Before I got on a 5 hour flight once at LAX (no food or limited buy on board) I purchased a "grab and go" sandwich. $8.99. Literally one slice of turkey and a single wilted piece of lettuce. A meal for a small child.

Edited by arunsakda

A coke (330cl) in Paris CDG Airport was last week 2.50 Euros which should be around 100 Baht. Some cold Noodle salad 7.50 Euros but no complains from me. Swampy and DM seems to be cheap compared to Singapore, HK, KL and of course Europe but if I can fork out a business class flight on KLM and AirFrance I don't really care about how much I have to pay as I only do my annual visa in style and I will recover that fees in Laos every 3 months,

• 2 weeks later...

Burger King would have to pay me to eat one of their pathetic efforts. A big mac combo in Oz is $12 standard. A coffee and muffin for two at the local airport in Oz set me back 20US! Airport food is an expensive misery pretty well everywhere. Actually I think swampy has the best options of any airport I have used.

I

f you're in Abu Dhabi and Etihad give you a meal voucher the Burger King meal deal - double whopper with bacon and fries - is the most calories you can get for the piece of paper. Fourteen hour stopover - I investigated thoroughly laugh.png

Edited by Craig krup

I always arrange my departure time at BKK around 20/21h, I check in around 18h and walk the tunnel to the Novotel for their excellent buffet which begins at 18h for 1050B net (plus drinks) then take their minibus to departures. Way better than a rubbish 500B intermediate level fast food meal.

Don't tell me you like the airline food...

Sorry to disappoint but airline food could be nice... CX business class + CX buffets @ HKG lounges come to my mind ;-) Edited by Fab5BKK

I don't fly EK, thus can not comment.

Anything better than the Novotel buffet around Suvarnabhumi? Tell me.

At the 1k baht price point it is a very good buffet.

At the 10 can dollar price point I can recommend buffet Vichy, Newman boulevard Montreal.

For 200B I can recommend a Thursday evening buffet in Udon Thani but I'd rather have the Swamy Novotel buffet.