Well it's April Fool's day and I certainly look like the fool. About 3 months ago, I posted on TV that the stock market would suffer a correction of at least 30% by today. I was wrong and am here to openly and honestly admit it. Hey Elgenon are you out there? I still think there are major problems around the world which could lead to a major downturn in markets but it hasn't happened yet. Happy investing!

• Like 1

About 3 months ago, I posted on TV that the stock market would suffer a correction of at least 30% by today.

Don't worry. No one paid any attention.

The question is whether he himself paid the slightest attention to his own opinions and took any financial positions as a result of his stated convictions.

About 3 months ago, I posted on TV that the stock market would suffer a correction of at least 30% by today.

Don't worry. No one paid any attention.

The question is whether he himself paid the slightest attention to his own opinions and took any financial positions as a result of his stated convictions.

"The question is whether he himself paid the slightest attention to his own opinions ..."

I'm sure he knows himself too well to do something foolish like that.

OK - whether I'm being played or not, its the first time any of the doomsayers here have come out to admit that they were wrong, or at least their timelines were wrong. I could predict another Krakatoa and a massive tsunami as a result - doesnt mean it will happen this century, but geologists tell us it will happen. Would I take any joy in my 5th floor apartment being literally 'oceanfront' the next day ? Nope, but that doesnt seem to stop the doomsayers - I kind of get the 'Apocalypse' thing, but worldwide financial chaos and untold misery ? I'll pass.

OP, if it happens, it happens - there's a whole industry built around those predictions but most folk just try to get on with their lives.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/When_Prophecy_Fails