Rain again.

backstairs

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The wind direction hasn't changed, yet.

This is typical weather on the cusp between the monsoons. Lots of electrical storms and not much rain.

Yes, the wind direction has not yet cahnged, seems a bit late this year, wind should be coming from the West by the end of April.

Over in Kata last night much lightening, and a smattering of rain.

There is a definite change in the wind trends now, aircraft are taking off and landing in a westerly direction today. Though the weather is quite benign, and as mentioned above is in a transitional stage.

http://www.aonangweather.com - the person who updates and operates that site seems to have their finger on the pulse pretty well for this part of the world. Quite informative and very relevant for Phuket as well.

Just enough rain in Patong to make my pick-up slither to a halt going up Hasip Pee road at the southern end.

The very steep initial bit was OK, but when I got to the long straight uphill bit, I slowed down gradually, got into second gear and then couldn't get any traction - not moving, rear wheels spinning, slipping backwards. Scary! ohmy.png

Thought I might have to reverse back and do a 3-point turn and go up the north end of Hasip Pee.

So I put it in first gear, handbrake full on, engine revving, slipping the clutch and slowly let out the handbrake and increasing the clutch until it started crawling up the hill. Then it started slipping again and going backwards. Quite worrying for a while. Repeated the above and got it to creep forwards and slowly pick up speed.

Note to self: get new tyres. Or new pickup with 4-wheel drive.