90 Day Reporting Online - just did it

bluweyze

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Web site is still down, as am I ... a trip to the unloved Promenada Immigration Office will soon be my fate.... bah.gif

Save your self some time and send by registered mail.

Good luck

It would be interesting to hear from people who won't use the mail-in option. Why?

Trouble following instructions on the pinned topic? Fear of making a mistake and having it rejected? Don't trust the postal system? Enjoy hanging out at immigration?

The on-line is easier than the mail option..no coping, no trip to the post office, no waiting for return mail, no charge....Why would you choose the mail in option over that unless a) you are unable or unwilling to use a computer B) you are set in your ways and are afraid of change c) it dosen't work for you for unknown immigration reasons.

In my case I missed my 15 day advance alert, that I set for my on-line reporting (which has taking me about 5 minutes to do in the past), leaving me with 9 days left as of today.. I could scamble to go to copy place, than to the post office or wait with the hope the site will be back up by Monday.. and off to the Promonada if it is still down...Since I don't live in Chiang Mai a visit there every 3 months is not a great hardship... but if this 90 day on-line becomes unusable for me than the mail option would be my choice also.

Gave up could not get second page so decided to send by post.

Thursday 29 Oct 11 am took envelope to Sansai post office EMS to immigration plus stamped addressed register post for return of slip.

Saturday 31 Oct received 90 day slip at 10 am. Great service all for 55 baht.

Well done Thai Post and Immigration dept.

This is so pitifully slow.

The entry form must have been design by a twelve year old taking a break from facebook and tested by some trainee more concerned with popping a facial zit than actually doing some work. It must be the worst data entry form on the entire internet.

Type one character and the whole page goes into "wait" mode for a minute or more. I have tried this on Chrome, Edge, Internet Explorer and Chrome with an IE agent.

Sheer utter incompetence.

Looks like I'll be making the three monthly pilgrimage again.

Another big Fail in Thailand.

Presumably there was a budget for this, after buying the 12 year old a new smart phone, I wonder where the rest went?

I have made 3 online reports using IE Win8,1 without any issues.

I've also submitted online reports using my PC for a couple of other expats who said it was impossible.

Your experience is the opposite to mine.

It seems like the more fields I have filled in, the slower the page gets. I have just retried and after over 30 minutes I managed to get all the fields filled in. Have to wait until the cursor stops flickering before I can enter the next character.

Wonderful. Then I pressed, 'submit'.

I have been staring at a totally white page for 30 minutes.

Utter cr4p.

And check out this page,

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=step

"common procedure".

Over 8,000,000 have looked at a page that has next to no information and looks like an 11 year old put it together as homework.

A shining example of information technology from the Wannabee "Land of Education/IT Hubs".

Your problem is because you are either not using IE or a different browser without the correct 'tab' to emulate IE.

Perhaps if you post what browser you are trying to use, others may be able to advise. I only use IE.

The Immigration site has links top and side for more detailed information.

The Grammar may not be perfect, but it's more understandable than some of the TV posts I read.

Got my second successful consecutive online 90 days report today, despite inverting my family name and first name. Report submitted at 9am and approved at 1pm.

I wish they would enhance the system, enabling us to upload data from previous report, and allowing for modifications if needed. Hopefully in the next upgrade.

I have made 3 online reports using IE Win8,1 without any issues.

I've also submitted online reports using my PC for a couple of other expats who said it was impossible.

Your experience is the opposite to mine.

It seems like the more fields I have filled in, the slower the page gets. I have just retried and after over 30 minutes I managed to get all the fields filled in. Have to wait until the cursor stops flickering before I can enter the next character.

Wonderful. Then I pressed, 'submit'.

I have been staring at a totally white page for 30 minutes.

Utter cr4p.

And check out this page,

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=step

"common procedure".

Over 8,000,000 have looked at a page that has next to no information and looks like an 11 year old put it together as homework.

A shining example of information technology from the Wannabee "Land of Education/IT Hubs".

My experience parallels Faz's, ie no problems whatsoever using IE.

OK, so a couple of guys using one specific browser have managed to use the reporting web ap.

I have used Edge, Chrome, Chrome with a User Agent switcher to emulate Explorer on both Windows 7 and Windows 10.

Nada.

Just a non-responsive data entry page with just ten or so fields.

I use internet banking for a number of banks, and have used numerous websites to buy stuff, book flights etc. Never this problem.

It is a badly implemented crock.

OK, so a couple of guys using one specific browser have managed to use the reporting web ap.

I have used Edge, Chrome, Chrome with a User Agent switcher to emulate Explorer on both Windows 7 and Windows 10.

Nada.

Just a non-responsive data entry page with just ten or so fields.

I use internet banking for a number of banks, and have used numerous websites to buy stuff, book flights etc. Never this problem.

It is a badly implemented crock.

We must be reading different topics.

From reports on TV I would say.

30% have successfully completed online reports.

40% can't because they last entered Thailand prior to 2013.

20% are using the wrong browser, agent switcher, or security settings on their PC.

10% can read English but can't understand it, to follow the simple instructions.

Wouldn't it be easier just to download IE, just to be able to complete reporting online, even if you don't use it for anything else.

Don't know what the deal is, but I use Window 7 and internet Explorer and the on-line 90 day system just loves to accept Hubby's 90 day reports and barfs all over mine. I made a little trip to Korea earlier this year that he didn't, but I've done a couple 90 day reports in person since then. Hubby's last exit was over a year ago.

We'll see if he remains as Immigration's fair-haired boy for long. We'll be leaving the country soon and returning together, so we'll be on the "same cycle" again. Stay tuned for reports in the months ahead.

• 2 weeks later...

Quite amusing how people who have failed to report online successfully assume their experience is universal despite hundreds of reports to the contrary. A case of sour grapes.

The system works fine for me, but I'm not going to make extravagant claims based solely on my own personal experience.

Quite amusing how people who have failed to report online successfully assume their experience is universal despite hundreds of reports to the contrary. A case of sour grapes.

The system works fine for me, but I'm not going to make extravagant claims based solely on my own personal experience.

I`ve tried it all ways, even while juggling my balls and singing the Thai national anthem and it still won`t work for me. Makes no difference what browser I use, what settings or in what order or how I describe my details.

May be next time I`ll try my luck again during a lunar eclipse and there is only a light depression in the area?

I`ve tried it all ways, even while juggling my balls and singing the Thai national anthem and it still won`t work for me. Makes no difference what browser I use, what settings or in what order or how I describe my details.

May be next time I`ll try my luck again during a lunar eclipse and there is only a light depression in the area?

Yep, same here.

I might try painting the front door a different colour and sacrificing a chicken too.

Where were all those hundreds of reports of successful notifications? I must have missed that particular thread.

Everybody I personally know has given up with the online notification.

Another resounding success in the Land of Stupidity.

Yep, same here.

I might try painting the front door a different colour and sacrificing a chicken too.

Where were all those hundreds of reports of successful notifications? I must have missed that particular thread.

Everybody I personally know has given up with the online notification.

Another resounding success in the Land of Stupidity.

UbonJoe started this poll.

Unfortunately, not that many people bothered to vote in the poll, but it still gives you an idea:

36 people (29%) were able to successfully do a report.

90 people (71%) failed to report.

When asked why the report failed 64 people answered that they were asked to contact their local Immigration office. Another 13 people were able to complete the report, but the report was never processed by Immigration. Both these categories cover people who were actually able to use the online 90 day report system to submit their report, but where the report subsequently failed not because of the online system but because of errors in the Immigration databases or the required manual handling of the report. So that means that out of all the people who answered the poll, a total of 90% were able to get the online reporting system to work.

Granted, a small sample size, but it's pretty clear that the online reporting system works for the (vast) majority of people, even if for many it doesn't result in a successful report because of problems with their data in the Immigration databases.

Unfortunately, the answers in the poll don't line up 100%, but that just shows that some people have problems filling out even a simple poll.

Sophon

• 2 weeks later...

Although it never worked for me previously, I gave it a shot last night and the online application went through without any problem.

I received the approval notification by email this morning.

Although it never worked for me previously, I gave it a shot last night and the online application went through without any problem.

I received the approval notification by email this morning.

Did you report in person last time? I'm wondering if it works if you've been out of the country prior to reporting.

Archived