Did you Enjoy Songkran?...well read on...

weegee

post-146252-0-05261500-1429269222_thumb.Did you enjoy your seafood?....well take a look at the pic attached.

Apparently, They are putting LEAD sinkers into the Crayfish, to add extra weight, because you pay for it in Grams....good stuff hey?

I have a link with dozens of pictures, and apparently the Police have alread charged some over this....BUT have you eaten it?????

Just happy I very rarely eat seafood, especially when visiting the "tourist trails"

This shows another positive side to living away from the larger tourist towns etc where such scams and behavior is more prominent.

Glad I am out in the sticks far from this nonsense/behavior

• Like 1

Is this a deliberate act or it the highlighted object the result of an earlier failed attempt to catch the squid?

believe me...You do not use Crayfish as bait to catch Squid....biggrin.png

Classic! It looked like a squid when viewed on a smartphone instead of a full sized screen :)

When one is out on a shoot on one's grounds one does find it a tad inconvenient when the game is served up on plate with some of the lead shot still intact. One finds oneself in a bit of a quandray: sack the cook, sack the gamekeeper, sack the butler, sack the lot? Tally ho and roll on the grouse season.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

When one is out on a shoot on one's grounds one does find it a tad inconvenient when the game is served up on plate with some of the lead shot still intact. One finds oneself in a bit of a quandray: sack the cook, sack the gamekeeper, sack the butler, sack the lot? Tally ho and roll on the grouse season.

i don't think they catch crayfish, or squid for that matter, with shotguns old chap.......................wink.png

However, on the other hand.........................tongue.png

Are crayfish available in Thailand?

I have never seen any here.

I would like to raise some in my pond.

Where can I obtain some live ones, without the lead in them?

I am serious about this.

P.S. What the heck does any of this have to do with Songkran????

Are crayfish available in Thailand?

I have never seen any here.

I would like to raise some in my pond.

Where can I obtain some live ones, without the lead in them?

I am serious about this.

P.S. What the heck does any of this have to do with Songkran????

Bingo. OP is an obvious troll.

On a similar note of tainted food, this clip was also in the Thai news recently. A customer bought a boiled chicken from the local market in Thailand, but when they got home and cut into it, it had a pink jelly-like substance inside it, as though it had been plumped up with some chemical to make it look more appealing.
However, Professor Jessada Denduangboripant, from Chula University's faculty of science, claimed its just chicken fat with a bit of blood in it. [Daily News 17/04/15].
Am not so sure about that, since when you boil a chicken, the fat usually melts and disperses into the boiling water.
You decide...

Edited by katana

50% of what fisherman catch in thailand is called "trash fish" which they can only sell to make food for the prawn farms. They drag nets along the sea floor and get whatever they can in a free for all pillage. changed my mind on eating thai seafood.