Horse sh*t on Hua Hin beaches unavoidable?

goreme

Hua Hin youtube videos show numerous horses on the beaches, and I'm assuming this results in a lot of horse droppings which probably makes it unsafe to walk barefoot?

Does it ever get cleaned up or just left to accumulate and become unpleasant?

You see poop on the beach? I never saw any when I was there but I've only been a couple times. The beach is a lot nicer than I expected to be honest, seems like the poop would contrast with the sand. Perhaps they pick it up?

Well, to watch the lads and horses regularly along the beach, the lads are fitted with plastic bags and they pick up (or not, depending on whether they are observed at this time) horse droppings.

But often, they just go the flush waves and it is the sea that does the job. cheesy.gif

Here, here.

Is the OP for real?

Sure, occasionally you might see horse poop but if you do you can easily walk around it. You make it sound like every square inch of beach is covered in horse sh1t!!

There would have to be thousands of horses doing their business all over the place to make the beach unsafe to walk barefoot.

Whilst I don't like the horses being on the beach myself, horse sh1t isn't that much of a problem and last time I was on the beach, I saw the guys with the horses cleaning the mess up, putting it in plastic bags then putting it in the bin.

You might want to head down to Suanson beach - no horses there I don't think.

Either that, or stay on your bar stool.

Is the OP for real?

Sure, occasionally you might see horse poop but if you do you can easily walk around it. You make it sound like every square inch of beach is covered in horse sh1t!!

There would have to be thousands of horses doing their business all over the place to make the beach unsafe to walk barefoot.

Whilst I don't like the horses being on the beach myself, horse sh1t isn't that much of a problem and last time I was on the beach, I saw the guys with the horses cleaning the mess up, putting it in plastic bags then putting it in the bin.

You might want to head down to Suanson beach - no horses there I don't think.

Either that, or stay on your bar stool.

Gees, going on about horse shit. If you watch those cowboy movies, you see lots of horses in the town, but never any shit.

Seems like the Thais need to train their horses better.

• Like 1

You see poop on the beach? I never saw any when I was there but I've only been a couple times. The beach is a lot nicer than I expected to be honest, seems like the poop would contrast with the sand. Perhaps they pick it up?

He said he saw horses and ASSUMED there was poop. As far as the heading goes, ''....unavoidable?'' I.d say common sense, very uncommon in thailand, Watch where you.re walking. You should be more concerned with broken glass from fishing boats that wash up onto shore, and any sharp or broken things dropped by people.

WOWFACTOR,

Why this reaction?
The Thais and the horses were before you, I think.
What idea of wanting to change them.
They will not lose their ways because it displeases you.
You remind me of my country to foreigners who want to lay down the law.
No one holds them to return to their country of origin. mad.gif
  • Like 1

Why do they have horses on that beach in the first place? No horses on Samui beaches or Phuket. No horses in Pattaya or Jomtien. The first thing that hit your nose when you arrive on HuaHin beach, it's the horses piss smell....disgusting. Horses riding farms is where they should be kept.

As a regular walker up and down Hua Hin beaches both sides of Monkey Mountain, I can assure the OP that there is very little horse poo along either of the beaches. The riders are generally pretty good and pick up most of it. I sometimes see them with a plastic bag of horse poo hanging off their stirrups until they can dispose of it. Certainly not beaches full of horse poo. Probably more issues with beach dog poo than anything else. HH beaches are actually pretty clean compared to Bali beaches etc...

• Like 2

So who picks up the Thai visitors shit???

Here in Cha Am every time a bus leaves with its load of one day holiday makers there are plastic bags full and empty all over the place

I would love to visit their village and dump it back there

WOWFACTOR,

Why this reaction?
The Thais and the horses were before you, I think.
What idea of wanting to change them.
They will not lose their ways because it displeases you.
You remind me of my country to foreigners who want to lay down the law.
No one holds them to return to their country of origin. mad.gif

There is always someone on a thread such as this with similar comments suggesting that we as foreigners have no rights to an opinion...

Unfortunately sirocco, the whole idea of a WebForum is to discuss such matters. Simply offering the argument that Thai's and the horses were there before us is not really a valid point, in fact the point is fundamentally flawed and lacks intelligence - I'm sure that Thai's are also unhappy IF the beaches have horse poop on them. I know my Thai friends wouldn't be very happy about it, especially with their Children playing in the sand.

• Like 1

As a regular walker up and down Hua Hin beaches both sides of Monkey Mountain, I can assure the OP that there is very little horse poo along either of the beaches. The riders are generally pretty good and pick up most of it. I sometimes see them with a plastic bag of horse poo hanging off their stirrups until they can dispose of it. Certainly not beaches full of horse poo. Probably more issues with beach dog poo than anything else. HH beaches are actually pretty clean compared to Bali beaches etc...

Good to hear though is it safe to walk barefoot? I hear of litter and broken glass washing ashore and collecting on the tideline.

Good to hear though is it safe to walk barefoot? I hear of litter and broken glass washing ashore and collecting on the tideline.

Thats for the most part unavoidable, although some hotels clean their beachfront.

One of the issues I have found on the Hua Hin beaches is the numbers of Jelly Fish that get washed up on the beach... (seasonal I believe).

goreme,

I always walk on the beach barefoot, as does my wife who has feet a tad more sensitive than mine. There is the odd bit of rubbish around just like any beach, but not that bad at all. They are nothing like the standard of Gold Coast beaches (Aus) though, but they are much better than Bali's beaches and other highly populated Asian beaches I have visited. As for jellyfish, in the nearly three months we've been here, we have seen a few washed up but they are far and few between. They are huge also, so you can't miss them. This may change at different times of the year though. Cheers.

• Like 1

Richard Smith 237,
et se il vous plaît lire le message incriminé wowfactor10, et de mesurer votre degré d'intelligence, la vôtre:
"Ces clowns thaïlandais agissent comme se ils possèdent les plages"
Nous avons le droit de parler, ce est ce qu'on appelle la «liberté d'expression», mais de ne pas imposer, d'être catégorique.
Oui, les Thaïlandais sont à la maison et il est "leurs plages."
Ne pas recréer ce que les étrangers nous obligent dans nos propres pays.
Fait pour moi. Je ne trouve pas que vous assez intelligent pour continuer cette conversation, disons, stérile. lock.gif

Your reply to Wowfactor10 was that he reminded you of your country where foreigners wish to lay down their law... However, a foreigners opinion that he wishes for clean beaches is somewhat different to laying down a law... this opinion may very well match how the Thai's feel when it comes to 'poop on the beach'...

Unfortunately I suspect your post will be deleted as its not in English.... But I understand you no longer wish to discuss this topic with those to whom you feel superior.

You should collect it and compost it. It is excellent for the garden. Talk about sweet strawberries and fruits.

My Dad used to follow the horse and carts collecting horse shit for his allottement garden, he swore there was nothing better than fresh horse shit for the veggies

I was there with a Thai (sirocco get off your knees!) who was disgusted with the horses and the shit. This was a month ago.

I noticed that the riders did not collect the shit, they just hid it under the sand. Think about your kid playing with the sand there.. disgusting.

u

Another thing is that the horses can be quite dangerous while the tourists ride them. Young kids running unaware on the beach that a heavy animal is coming controlled by an inexperienced rider. I wonder how many accidents are there?

Get the horses out of the beach IMO.