K Bank debit cards

Yes they are swines.

My old card expired so I went to the local branch to get a replacement.

I was told the cheap card didn't exist anymore and I had to get the 800baht one.

When I got home I rang the k support line to complain and was told that they definitely hadn't stopped the old cheaper cards.

Went back to the branch and complained and magically the old cards became available again....

That is annoying.

They prefer to lie to your face than be honest, in a desire to get more money off you or make the effort to execute a change you have requested.

Worth a complaint, and I would consider changing banks rather than deal with dishonesty.

My card costs me 200 p.a.and I have Credit Cards which have no annual charge... and no I do not want your insurance!

• Like 1

I had to open the second account to pay the electricity, the electric people would not accept an account from another city even in the same province.

The electricity people should accept a payment made by transfer into their account from anywhere, plus any 7-11. I guess you were trying to set up an automatic direct-debit, something I was warned against many years ago. I still pay by 7-11 or take the invoice to their office and pay cash.

For heavens sake- the bank gives you basically free banking and use of ATM, shopping, Internet banking etc.

They are not a charity.

800 baht is just absolute peanuts .

What bank do you work for or are retired from?

I had to open the second account to pay the electricity, the electric people would not accept an account from another city even in the same province.

The electricity people should accept a payment made by transfer into their account from anywhere, plus any 7-11. I guess you were trying to set up an automatic direct-debit, something I was warned against many years ago. I still pay by 7-11 or take the invoice to their office and pay cash.

Yes it was for a direct debit, over 5 years now and not a problem and very convenient. Always someone ready to do a bit of scaremongering.

Nothing wrong with going to the shop if it is reasonably convenient. We live out in the country so it is not very easy. My wife pays her credit cards at the shop and you would not believe how many times we have gone a mile down the road and had to turn back because she had forgotten the bill. For some strange reason they only ever get paid on the day before a penalty.

I ended up with 800-baht over a year ago. Similar to the OP, they said it was a one-off. I didn't actually believe that but about 15 months already and no annual charge yet. Replacement cards are free, which I've needed once. The other thing with it was 1-1.5% return on purchases using the card. I have had that but probably not made the 800 back over the year. One other thing that's happened since I had the card is that weird deposits of 33 baht appear in the account, separate from the refund payments. Sometimes 2 or 3 consecutive days, then maybe not for a few weeks. Just odd.

ok just to be sure

are people saying that this card (800baht SME) at kasikorn has an annual fee of 800baht or a one off fee

Oh and when I opened my account at K'Bank I told them I didn't want a card of any kind and was told "not possible" I was close to getting up and leaving, my reasoning is that nobody can steal your card details and thieve your money if you don't have one

You can have an account without a debit card. Some people have two accounts...One "without" debt card where they keep the bulk of their money to eliminate the possibility of your account being drawn due to card skimming...and then another account "with" debit card which they keep a low amount in and topup as needed from the other account like via ibanking or teller. That's what I do with my Bangkok Bank accounts.