confusing pricing for ferries to koh larn island.

Howitzer

So if you search around a bit it's like 30 bht for 1 way ferry to the island on a slow boat taking around 40 mins and like maybe 400bht for a speedboat.

For me i paid 150 for 2 way back and forth on the slow boat taking around 40 mins and it landed on samae beach which is behind the island so it probably took say 10-15 mins extra instead of landing at tawan beach located in the front of the island.

Can someone just enlighten me more on the ferry pricing.

Yes, it's easy to get confused about this, because there is a different ferry company serving passengers to the other side of the island , and that fare is 150 baht. The regular 30 baht ferry leaves more often , you just have to ask when you get there, especially in the mornings it can be quite chaotic at times.

Yes, it's easy to get confused about this, because there is a different ferry company serving passengers to the other side of the island , and that fare is 150 baht. The regular 30 baht ferry leaves more often , you just have to ask when you get there, especially in the mornings it can be quite chaotic at times.

When I went from the other side NO WAY I'd have paid 150. Cheaper to take songtheaw to town and the ferry from there. I can't remember price exactly, but think it was 30.

You must have got the private tour company boat.

There was a timetable for the regular ferry on the wall of the building near the pier when I went, or just ask the restaurant staff.

When I went from the other side NO WAY I'd have paid 150. Cheaper to take songtheaw to town and the ferry from there. I can't remember price exactly, but think it was 30.

You must have got the private tour company boat.

There was a timetable for the regular ferry on the wall of the building near the pier when I went, or just ask the restaurant staff.

I suppose i just walked there and took the one that i thought was the cheapest there was another next to it even more expensive that was why i chose the 150 one. I think i was thinking yeah maybe it's faster than the 30bht ride.