whats the cheapest way to phone oz?

bbabythai

@ Anthony5

I will try a screen shot tomorrow.

This is what you said in Post No. 7. "unlimited calls to mobiles in 8 countries, from which Australia isn't one."

Look at this Skype webpage link again.

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12370/what-is-the-new-skype-premium-subscriptions-offer-available-in-australia-brazil-and-italy

Scroll down to this heading, "What Skype features and benefits does the new Skype Premium subscription include?"

Under this heading you will see: "Calling to mobiles in 52 countries and to landlines in 80 countries." Do you see it?

Now, why would they say that????

Mobiles in 52 countries is a lot more than 8, as you claim.

I can assure you, and other members, Australian mobiles are included in the 52 countries under Skype Premium.

I made clear already in another post that you can call mobiles in 52 countries, with the pay as you go or monthly plans where you buy 60 - 120 - or 400 minutes, but not with the unlimited plan.

The screen shots I posted in post #21 point that out pretty clear.Here they are again.Do you notice that under the Australia unlimited subscription it clearly says Landlines ONLY, and that under the tab Landlines and Mobiles there is no unlimited plan?

attachicon.gifSkype 1.JPGattachicon.gifSkype 2.JPG

You may have a look also at the screenshot I just added to post #32, which shows the countries that you can call mobiles under an unlimited subscription.

Of course, if you tomorrow post a screen shot that clearly confirms your claims, I'll agree to apologize to you and the whole forum.

By the way, it may be an advertising trick from Skype. You can call mobiles around the world, if they have Skype installed on their mobile. A trick that is used by every VOIP provider by the way.

Ok, so I have just finished a chat session with Skype Support.

Skype changed their rates/plans/subscriptions early April 2015.

They are no longer offering Skype Premium. The new deals are as per your screen shot. This is why I could only find details of my subscription from within my account, and not on their webpage.

Existing Skype Premium account holders will not be cut off and will be able to remain on Skpye Premium, provided their subscription payment is uninterupted.

So, I will be making sure I do not lose this package come renewal time, because it is great deal.

I concede your posts are correct, but up until recently, Skype Premium was available, and I have it, and it did/does offer unlimited and untimed calls to Australian mobiles and landlines.

@ Anthony5

I will try a screen shot tomorrow.

This is what you said in Post No. 7. "unlimited calls to mobiles in 8 countries, from which Australia isn't one."

Look at this Skype webpage link again.

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12370/what-is-the-new-skype-premium-subscriptions-offer-available-in-australia-brazil-and-italy

Scroll down to this heading, "What Skype features and benefits does the new Skype Premium subscription include?"

Under this heading you will see: "Calling to mobiles in 52 countries and to landlines in 80 countries." Do you see it?

Now, why would they say that????

Mobiles in 52 countries is a lot more than 8, as you claim.

I can assure you, and other members, Australian mobiles are included in the 52 countries under Skype Premium.

I made clear already in another post that you can call mobiles in 52 countries, with the pay as you go or monthly plans where you buy 60 - 120 - or 400 minutes, but not with the unlimited plan.

The screen shots I posted in post #21 point that out pretty clear.Here they are again.Do you notice that under the Australia unlimited subscription it clearly says Landlines ONLY, and that under the tab Landlines and Mobiles there is no unlimited plan?

attachicon.gifSkype 1.JPGattachicon.gifSkype 2.JPG

You may have a look also at the screenshot I just added to post #32, which shows the countries that you can call mobiles under an unlimited subscription.

Of course, if you tomorrow post a screen shot that clearly confirms your claims, I'll agree to apologize to you and the whole forum.

By the way, it may be an advertising trick from Skype. You can call mobiles around the world, if they have Skype installed on their mobile. A trick that is used by every VOIP provider by the way.

Ok, so I have just finished a chat session with Skype Support.

Skype changed their rates/plans/subscriptions early April 2015.

They are no longer offering Skype Premium. The new deals are as per your screen shot. This is why I could only find details of my subscription from within my account, and not on their webpage.

Existing Skype Premium account holders will not be cut off and will be able to remain on Skpye Premium, provided their subscription payment is uninterupted.

So, I will be making sure I do not lose this package come renewal time, because it is great deal.

I concede your posts are correct, but up until recently, Skype Premium was available, and I have it, and it did/does offer unlimited and untimed calls to Australian mobiles and landlines.

Now that is really strange that Skype tells you some porkies on the chat. Not?

Because when I inquired about Skype premium in November 2014, it was already so that it included only calls to mobiles in 8 countries, from which Australia wasn't one.

Now to proof my claim, look what I found on the Skype community forum dated 5 May 2012. You see what it says about calls to Australia under the Skype premium plan?

http://community.skype.com/t5/Rates-and-subscriptions/Skype-Premium-mobile-call-charges/td-p/702183

post-222439-0-40346500-1430187029_thumb.

post-222439-0-14919700-1430187464_thumb.

Edited by Anthony5

@ Anthony5

Thanks for your instructions on how to do a screen shot.

I have taken two screen shots because the snipping tool wouldn't let me scroll down.

Looking at the two screen shots, you will see the list of countries covered under the Skype Premium subscription.

I'll be making sure I keep this Skype subscription for as long as possible. All the countries listed are unlimited and untimed call, under Skype Premium. It's a great deal, this is why I suggested it, but there's not much point talking about it now because it's no longer being offered.

post-121885-0-23104400-1430191065_thumb.

post-121885-0-37447500-1430191085_thumb.

Edited by KhunHeineken

@ Anthony5

I have taken two screen shots because the snipping tool wouldn't let me scroll down.

Looking at the two screen shots, you will see the list of countries covered under the Skype Premium subscription.

attachicon.gifSkype Premium Screen Shot 1.PNG

attachicon.gifSkype Premium Screen Shot 2.PNG

Where does it say that the screenshot concerns Skype premium calls?

Maybe a screenshot that includes the name of the subscription or a link to the page?

Edited by Anthony5

@ Anthony5

attachicon.gifSkype Premium Screen Shot 1.PNG

attachicon.gifSkype Premium Screen Shot 2.PNG

Where does it say that the screenshot concerns Skype premium calls?

Maybe a screenshot that includes the name of the subscription or a link to the page?

That screen shot contains personal details which I will not publish.

When I click on "Skype Premium" on that account page, a pop up window comes up with the countries covered under the subscription, and that's what the two screen shots are of.

I have taken it as far as I can. I have no reason to mislead anyone or post inaccurate information.

If you would like to confirm, perhaps you could contact Skype support and ask them what was covered in Skype Premium.

flame/bickering posts removed

Isn't it about time these 2 chatted via personal message & stopped wasting every one else s time ?

It was just a misunderstanding. I conceded the other member was correct, in relation to current Skype subscriptions, but I was posting about my current experience with a previously offered Skype subscription which I thought was still being offered.

It's all sorted now.