Did I read this right? 90 reporting at 7-11?

I don't know about other Imm. offices but the one at Maesai is so efficient that if you have to wait more than 10 mins for your 90 day report they give you a voucher for a Cheese Burger in 7-eleven just over the road...trust me.

My 90 day took less than 10 minutes, at their CR location, just after Songkran.

We're spoiled here. smile.png

I don't know about other Imm. offices but the one at Maesai is so efficient that if you have to wait more than 10 mins for your 90 day report they give you a voucher for a Cheese Burger in 7-eleven just over the road...trust me.

Sorry That makes you the fool, you're too late to propagate the joke.

Staff are not fully trained yet so the program is not completely implemented in all stores.

I believe there is an ssue with the immigration link up hence many issues.

At present they are not sure if you want your passport microwaved or you will take it cold ....

------------------------

It never was anything more that an April Fool's joke someone started on Thai visa, and many people took seriously.

Staff are not fully trained yet so the program is not completely implemented in all stores.

I believe there is an ssue with the immigration link up hence many issues.

At present they are not sure if you want your passport microwaved or you will take it cold ....

------------------------

It never was anything more that an April Fool's joke someone started on Thai visa, and many people took seriously.

I think you might have just taken a joke too seriously yourself.

what is all the fuss about , got mine at 7/11 on pracha uthit soi 12 , staff very good & speak english. the only downside is ate 2 pork burgers with bacon & a large coke slurpy while waiting :-)

A good April Fools but how great would it be if you could actually do 90 day reporting at 7/11. Think of the convenience!

Isn't it more convenient to do it from your home using your computer?

Indeed it is, but a significant number of immigration offices aren't doing the on-line process yet, even if you get a 'pending' notification from the reporting site.

Best to call your office to check they are doing it.

correct ... that's why i chose the 7-11 method .... once the staff have done a few it will become much easier !!

When you use the Net you dont have the returned slip in your P/Port they tell U to keep inside..?.

Once the online application is approved you can then print out the receipt from the website to keep in your passport.

That question is too serious for this topic though. biggrin.png

For the 90 day reporting some changes are happening:

Immigration have now installed automatic machines in many shopping centers in Bangkok right next to the ATMs. These machines will soon come to the provinces as well. The machines are located right in the the row of the usual ATM machines, immigration knowing that foreigners visit these ATM machines frequently. Immigration is in the process of continually expanding this service to more locations, right now the machines can be found in all Central and TheMall centers.

The machines are marked "UOB" and you just insert your driver license in the usual slot where the ATM card goes. the machine will read your data from the card and look up your reporting statistics in the "national database for 90 day foreigners" or NADAFOF for short. If you do not have a driver license just press the first page of your passport onto the screen and press the green button. The machine will scan the passport and process your data. Then out pops a receipt that you put in your passport just like before.

While you wait for the receipt some nice advertisements are played on the screen and after that they show some toon about a cat and some cockroaches.

I just tried this service yesterday and it worked perfectly.

Edited by AlQaholic
  • Like 1

I wonder how many people have actuallt rocked up at 7/11 with their TM47 for their report. Imagine the confused looks....

Confused looks are just part of the service in 7/11. Ever tried paying with a credit card? Or (my favourite) trying to use up your coins, eg giving 102 baht for a 82 baht bill. That one never fails to throw them.

Let's admit it, the reason the 7/11 story refuses it die is because the Sevens in this country are just so darn efficient and ubiquitous. It's not beyond the realm of possibility that someone at Immigration with a few brain cells tied together would actually put together such a plan. Why it was foretold last year when Immigration came and spoke at Chiang Mai Expats Club. Check out this video at about the 4 minute mark. It was filmed on October 22, 2014.

Edited by NancyL
  • Like 1

you can do it from 7-11,

just take your mobile - internet - connected, or your labtop,

internet reporting will be possible;

Maybee not on 1st April and 30th April;

If they have WiFi and you are using Internet Explorer, you can indeed do it online there with a Slurpee in your hand!

you can do it from 7-11,

just take your mobile - internet - connected, or your labtop,

internet reporting will be possible;

Maybee not on 1st April and 30th April;

If they have WiFi and you are using Internet Explorer, you can indeed do it online there with a Slurpee in your hand!

You don't even need IE. I went onto the online 90 day reporting site using an android tablet, I did a post about it in the online reporting topic.

It will work with any browser according to many posts and discussions about it in other topics