Which Isuzu pickup should I go for?

I have a 2012 model Isuzu MU 7 Choice as I have been very pleased with, but need a more practical car.

Need a pickup, and aiming at a new Isuzu, but are a little unsure. I want reliability and good service, which Isuzu here has been very good at.

Which of them is best equipped? No need 4X4.

Is the current model recently come on the market, or will there be a new model / facelift soon?

Have looked at Ford and Nissan's models, and I had a taste for both. Some good reason to not choose Isuzu above Ford or Nissan?

My personal opinion would the vigo ....

Strange post considering we've only seen leaked pictures of the new vigo so far.

Oh wait, maybe you are advising to buy a 10 year old soon to be updated model? Even stranger indeed.

Depends what you use it for. If it is used as a car and no heavy work go with Isuzu,just find the one suits you it will be fine. If you will be using it for work and carrying loads go Nissan.I had a Nissan truck for 3 years many Thai people said Nissan is tough,it is considered the best work truck by many Thais. Also after 3 years I sold it for 18,000 baht less than i paid,but it was low kilometers only 68,000 and never worked. The guy i sold it to hauls his cattle around with it. Ford I am told isnot the most liked here in Thailand so if you buy one and donot wish to have a hard time selling you have to keep it and drive it for years to get value. I believe Isuzu is very popular so resale is easy. It al depends on your priorities.

Depends what you use it for. If it is used as a car and no heavy work go with Isuzu,just find the one suits you it will be fine. If you will be using it for work and carrying loads go Nissan.I had a Nissan truck for 3 years many Thai people said Nissan is tough,it is considered the best work truck by many Thais. Also after 3 years I sold it for 18,000 baht less than i paid,but it was low kilometers only 68,000 and never worked. The guy i sold it to hauls his cattle around with it. Ford I am told isnot the most liked here in Thailand so if you buy one and donot wish to have a hard time selling you have to keep it and drive it for years to get value. I believe Isuzu is very popular so resale is easy. It al depends on your priorities.

If it were considered the best work truck wouldn't the second hand prices be on par with Toyota and Isuzu?

Isuzu release special edition models on Q4 like clockwork. Nothing really changes though.

There are some rumours that domestic models will be getting the twin-turbo 163hp/400Nm 2.5L diesel that's already shipped in export models, but it's not clear when we'll see that. The twin turbo still makes >200gm/KM of CO2, so the 2016 excise tax changes aren't going to be a catalyst for us to see it in TH models - the new Revo might be though ;)

Edited by IMHO

Tata make a very good utility vehicle. They have a wide dealer network. Cheaper than Ford, Isuzu, Nissan and Toyota. They look good too. And it will be years before they bring out a new model!

post-63954-0-93752900-1430918838_thumb.j

OP, I think its down to you budget.

Personally i do not like Toyota, not because of its reliability, but because its a boring car and every dick, tom and harry has one.

Nissan is ok, but resale would be a problem, not only money wise but people here just do not really like it.

Isuzu, in my opinion is much nicer and good in all aspects.

Ford Ranger, personally i like it, but Ford has been getting bad rep and reviews. But again, personally i like it.

Mazda, i think is great value for money.

Mitsu, is a personal choice. I use to own one, about 4 years ago, truck. Did not like it, boring. Now have Pajero, love it.

We've just sold our old Isuzu. Found a top model 4door 4x4 BT50 3.2 for a price I couldn't resist. Was a snap decision which I hope I don't regret. Seems great so far. Hope it doesn't fall apart or sh1t itself too soon. Very smooth, quiet and comfy. Quick when needed and a real pleasure for overtaking power.

But, for overall reliability, I cannot fault Isuzu in any way.

Edited by Pomthai

I'm a Ford man with an 18 month old Ranger Hi-Rider, Double Cab, 2.2L XLT with 36,000km on the clock. It's a great truck and I use it as a normal family car. The only problem I've had was a split turbo hose which was replaced very quickly after I drove straight to the dealer after it happened. I'm looking forward to the new model Ranger arriving and will probably replace my current one with a new model WildTrak at the end of the year.

Reliabilty of a vehicle is only as good as your service dealer, no matter what the brand. Figure out what dealer can give you the best deal on the vehicle that fits your needs. Dont worry about resale value....it does not add to a vehicle as it is too intangible and too subjective. Chevy?

OP, I think its down to you budget.

Personally i do not like Toyota, not because of its reliability, but because its a boring car and every dick, tom and harry has one.

Nissan is ok, but resale would be a problem, not only money wise but people here just do not really like it.

Isuzu, in my opinion is much nicer and good in all aspects.

Ford Ranger, personally i like it, but Ford has been getting bad rep and reviews. But again, personally i like it.

Mazda, i think is great value for money.

Mitsu, is a personal choice. I use to own one, about 4 years ago, truck. Did not like it, boring. Now have Pajero, love it.

"Personally i do not like Toyota, not because of its reliability, but because its a boring car and every dick, tom and harry has one."

What a silly thing to say! If Toyota has a name for reliability (I've had my Vigo PreRunner from new for nine years without so much as a puncture) then that must be a major selling point. Boring? Every T, D & H has one? It seems to me the same could be said of Isuzu - they seem to match the Vigo in ubiquity in my experience.

Of course the aesthetics are a matter of personal taste but, for me, the Vigo wins hands down in all respects.

In 2010, I bought an Isuzu DMax (Extreme) 2.5L 4d manual and it's been really great... I paid about THB835K for it back then and have about 65kkl on it, I don't drive it so much and also do no heavy work with it... just use it as a car.

It's very good on fuel economy, although the yearly tax is higher due to the 4 doors

I didn't need the 4wd or the larger size engine, and apparently, the fuel economy was prohibitive on the 3.0TD comparatively

When I bought it, I was comparing to the Toyotas of similar spec, the MU-7, and the Fortuner:

The Toyotas 'seemed' much stiffer, and probably more designed for hauling heavy loads and to be used more as a work truck

The Fortuner just seemed like an overpriced truck to me, really not impressed with it at all...

Both Toyotas seemed to have a much larger turning radius, and not as comfortable to drive on the open road and at high speeds (I did a lot of driving to customer sites)

IMO, the MU-7 was one of the ugliest SUVs I've laid my eyes on, so...

I 'might' sell my DMax soon and buy the much easier on the eyes MU-X, but that is still up in the air as my DMax is still as good as new and having a hard time trying to justify the change.

In the end, I've been really happy and impressed with my DMax and also the Isuzu service centers

post-154502-0-45918100-1430976093_thumb.

Edited by MeHere

I'm a Ford man with an 18 month old Ranger Hi-Rider, Double Cab, 2.2L XLT with 36,000km on the clock. It's a great truck and I use it as a normal family car. The only problem I've had was a split turbo hose which was replaced very quickly after I drove straight to the dealer after it happened. I'm looking forward to the new model Ranger arriving and will probably replace my current one with a new model WildTrak at the end of the year.

You have an 18 month old Ranger and its already had a split turbo hose, and you think thats good quality motoring.

In 2010, I bought an Isuzu DMax (Extreme) 2.5L 4d manual and it's been really great... I paid about THB835K for it back then and have about 65kkl on it, I don't drive it so much and also do no heavy work with it... just use it as a car.

It's very good on fuel economy, although the yearly tax is higher due to the 4 doors

I didn't need the 4wd or the larger size engine, and apparently, the fuel economy was prohibitive on the 3.0TD comparatively

When I bought it, I was comparing to the Toyotas of similar spec, the MU-7, and the Fortuner:

The Toyotas 'seemed' much stiffer, and probably more designed for hauling heavy loads and to be used more as a work truck

The Fortuner just seemed like an overpriced truck to me, really not impressed with it at all...

Both Toyotas seemed to have a much larger turning radius, and not as comfortable to drive on the open road and at high speeds (I did a lot of driving to customer sites)

IMO, the MU-7 was one of the ugliest SUVs I've laid my eyes on, so...

I 'might' sell my DMax soon and buy the much easier on the eyes MU-X, but that is still up in the air as my DMax is still as good as new and having a hard time trying to justify the change.

In the end, I've been really happy and impressed with my DMax and also the Isuzu service centers

My wife traded our Toyota Hilux 4x4 for an Isuzu Dmax 2 wheel drive 2.5D, much to my displeasure, but I have to say I've been impressed. The fuel economy is very good even if driven hard and the ride is softer then the Hilux. We never go off road so 4x4 isn't needed.

Edited by Jaggg88