Pheu Thai assures Thaksin's speech in Seoul will not touch on domestic affairs

webfact

Pheu Thai assures Thaksin's speech in Seoul will not touch on domestic affairs

13-5-2558-16-11-39-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Pheu Thai party asked opponents of former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra not to be over-excited with the latter making a speech at the Sixth Asian Leadership Conference in Seoul scheduled to kick off on May 19.

Party spokesman Anusorn Iamsa-ard said Wednesday that Mr Thaksin would not touch on domestic political matters such as the draft constitution but his speech would be constructive and focus on Asia’s future vis-à-vis global economic direction.

He insisted that Thaksin was invited in his capacity as a former government leader and an Asian leader and he would not follow the script of a lobbyist as speculated by some local media.

“The former prime minister will not behave like a kid to risk ruining his reputation in the international forum,” said Anusorn.

“All sides should feel at ease because Mr Thaksin loves the country and the Thai people. There will be no emotional uproar to hurt the country and the people,” he assured.

(Photo : Thai PBS File)

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pheu-thai-assures-thaksins-speech-in-seoul-will-not-touch-on-domestic-affairs

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-05-13

why would they invite a murdering scumbag that is trying to buy Thailand, this is the drop kick that organized/paid for all the terrorism/killings in 2010 and everything that has happened involving the reds since, bought and paid for the ptp and still its leader, what a complete joke the morons that organized his invite are, almost as pathetic as the idiots that still think he is a great person

Edited by seajae

ALWAYS has to be the centre of attention and get his piggy little snout in the trough of headlines.

Me me me me me me me me!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to scream and shout till I'm jolly well sick and then you'll be sorry. Ha!

ALWAYS has to be the centre of attention and get his piggy little snout in the trough of headlines.

Me me me me me me me me!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to scream and shout till I'm jolly well sick and then you'll be sorry. Ha!

I think you will find he was invited.

why would they invite a murdering scumbag that is trying to buy Thailand, this is the drop kick that organized/paid for all the terrorism/killings in 2010 and everything that has happened involving the reds since, bought and paid for the ptp and still its leader, what a complete joke the morons that organized his invite are, almost as pathetic as the idiots that still think he is a great person

He was convicted of murder?

Seems the leaders have a different opinion of him than you do.

>>“The former prime minister will not behave like a kid to risk ruining his reputation in the international forum,” said Anusorn.<< Quote

A fugitive criminal on the run from a prison term and with 15 more cases pending within the court system, is afraid of ruining his reputation??cheesy.gif cheesy.gif

Who are you bloody joking??

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

>>“The former prime minister will not behave like a kid to risk ruining his reputation in the international forum,” said Anusorn.<< Quote

A fugitive criminal on the run from a prison term and with 15 more cases pending within the court system, is afraid of ruining his reputation??cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--ZvISAZ3- alt=cheesy.gif width=32 height=20> cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--ZvISAZ3- alt=cheesy.gif width=32 height=20>

I think outside of Thailand people don't view him as a criminal

>>“All sides should feel at ease because Mr Thaksin loves the country and the Thai people. There will be no emotional uproar to hurt the country and the people,” he assured.<< Quote

So Mr T loves his country and its people??

And proves it (with the help of rest of the clan) by robbing the country blind!!

A very strange love affair!!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

A fugitive criminal on the run from a prison term and with 15 more cases pending within the court system, is afraid of ruining his reputation??cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--ZvISAZ3- alt=cheesy.gif width=32 height=20> cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--ZvISAZ3- alt=cheesy.gif width=32 height=20>

At least in the UK they do.

Have a look at the conference website, there are mistakes in the titles of a couple of previous leaders.

They mention the wrong country for one previous leader.

The photos on the participants totals 102. It's a 2 day conference. 102 speakers?.

Edited by scorecard

You're lucky as in the UK people know Thaksin the former soccerclub owner. I wouldn't be surprised if there are countries where people haven't even heard his name or if they did they wonder why they should care.

You're lucky as in the UK people know Thaksin the former soccerclub owner. I wouldn't be surprised if there are countries where people haven't even heard his name or if they did they wonder why they should care.

The UK government couldn't care less what football club ( they don't have soccer clubs there) he has owned, they know him as an undesirable person who is not allowed to enter.

The Korean site has this interesting snippet. It seems to suggest there are also subjects not interesting to the audience. wink.png

"The conference will also include subjects that are of importance to its audience. The audience is a mix of C-level and senior executives of Korea’s industrial and financial companies. A large number of businessmen, middle-management executives, senior government leaders and officials, academia and students are also among the audience. "

http://www.worknplay.co.kr/index.php/mod/event/act/showEvent/evt_no/450/the-6th-asian-leadership-conference

Hmmm strange but I dont see a lot of Asian leaders, nor politicians at this Asian leadership conference! But I guess this clown will be at home with the likes of Gilles Ste-Croxic, Co-founder of Cirque du Soleil.

The Korean site has this interesting snippet. It seems to suggest there are also subjects not interesting to the audience. wink.png

"The conference will also include subjects that are of importance to its audience. The audience is a mix of C-level and senior executives of Korea’s industrial and financial companies. A large number of businessmen, middle-management executives, senior government leaders and officials, academia and students are also among the audience. "

http://www.worknplay.co.kr/index.php/mod/event/act/showEvent/evt_no/450/the-6th-asian-leadership-conference

Hard to know which stream(s) he will be involved in. He's not a keynote speaker so may be on a panel discussion or something.

Maybe on the one of the last sessions on "Where the Alpha girls are?". He could suddenly produce Yingluck and do a puppet display.whistling.gif

Who else would they invite from Thailand i. There is a lot of "Former PMs"speaking. I wouldn't read anything in to it

http://www.alcchosun.com/?c=user&mcd=2015en_sub03_02&PHPSESSID=cd65906bb7f1553234e4162f1de19e32

Agree mate. But, it's all strange how his conviction, bail jumping, all those 15 outstanding serious criminal charges, are completely ignored.

Perhaps because Thailand haven't exactly been busting a gut to try and get him back. Never know what he might say and reveal should he be on trial.

Wonder how he'd react if someone there asked about war on drugs executions, tax avoidance, changing laws to help yourself, running a government through Skype and email and slaughtering the odd few Moslems. Or even pointed out his 30 baht health scheme replaced a free one.

and so what if he did?

Actually, he should. He should call out the current regime for what it is.

But Thaksin is a giant pussy and won't ever do that.

nothing to see here....

except the loathing of the ever-present Thaksin haters.... as if he were important to the future of Thai freedom or something... coffee1.gif

Who else would they invite from Thailand i. There is a lot of "Former PMs"speaking. I wouldn't read anything in to it

http://www.alcchosun.com/?c=user&mcd=2015en_sub03_02&PHPSESSID=cd65906bb7f1553234e4162f1de19e32

Agree mate. But, it's all strange how his conviction, bail jumping, all those 15 outstanding serious criminal charges, are completely ignored.

Perhaps because Thailand haven't exactly been busting a gut to try and get him back. Never know what he might say and reveal should he be on trial.

Wonder how he'd react if someone there asked about war on drugs executions, tax avoidance, changing laws to help yourself, running a government through Skype and email and slaughtering the odd few Moslems. Or even pointed out his 30 baht health scheme replaced a free one.

his 30 bhat scheme replaced a free one???

This paper analyzes Thailand's 2001 healthcare reform, "30 Baht." The program increased funding available to hospitals to care for the poor and reduced copays to 30 Baht (~$0.75). Our estimates suggest the supply-side funding of the program increased healthcare utilization, especially among the poor. Moreover, we find significant impacts on infant mortality. Prior to 30 Baht, poorer provinces had significantly higher infant mortality rates than richer provinces. After 30 Baht, this correlation evaporates to zero. The results suggest that increased access to healthcare among the poor can significantly reduce their infant mortality rates.

https://www.aeaweb.org/articles.php?doi=10.1257/app.6.1.91

Thaksin doesn't really need to say anything, the director general is quite capable of making a fool of himself without any help.

Thaksin must go to sleep each night smiling, free to travel wherever he wishes, considered by most as a PM in exile from a military repressed country and watch the daily blunders from an inept and incompetent military government chasing their tails all caused by themselves from 70 years of political interference.

his 30 bhat scheme replaced a free one???

This paper analyzes Thailand's 2001 healthcare reform, "30 Baht." The program increased funding available to hospitals to care for the poor and reduced copays to 30 Baht (~$0.75). Our estimates suggest the supply-side funding of the program increased healthcare utilization, especially among the poor. Moreover, we find significant impacts on infant mortality. Prior to 30 Baht, poorer provinces had significantly higher infant mortality rates than richer provinces. After 30 Baht, this correlation evaporates to zero. The results suggest that increased access to healthcare among the poor can significantly reduce their infant mortality rates.

https://www.aeaweb.org/articles.php?doi=10.1257/app.6.1.91

Yep so his policies in some cases worked for the good of the people . This would now be known as a "Populist policy" and not allowed. The irony of that announcement and i believe its in the constitution somewhere or something like that is beyond comprehension. Perhaps parties should have unpopular policies so as not not be though of of insane Marxists. The Beverage report 1942, they have had 70 odd years to read it