Revoke Thaksin's diplomatic passport, says Democrat ex-MP

webfact

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shouldn't this passport have been canceled when he took a runner and became a wanted felon? Ex pm or not he is fleeing from the law.

No one wants to set a precedent whichever side of the divide you are on.... you never know what your siblings will do

That is the big problem here.. that is why I am for strong punishment of corruption. Let the sharks feed on themselves tit for tat. Let the bodies come up. I really don't care on what side they are.

...isn't it a 'no-brainer'.....???

...how many fugitives from the law have diplomatic passports......

...something is definitely not right here.....

...and sadly....it does reflect 'the state of affairs'......

Why should a criminal on the run have the luxury of a diplomatic passport?

The guy fly's in on a private jet, do you really think it makes any REAL difference if he has a DP or a regular passport, its not like he will be queuing with Somchai and Joe Bloggs.

The simple fact is that many countries do not see him the same as some people do in Thailand.

................"The simple fact is that many countries do not see him the same as some people do in Thailand."........................

At long last you have said something that we agree on !

If he tried doing what he did in Thailand, in many other countries around the world, he would have been treated as the criminal he actually is, and locked up with the rest of the dirty rats.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Because I'd say "He knows where the bodies are buried" Got a hat-full of scandal on many rich and powerful I'd say a\And why would the current Government antagonize him while he's keeping quiet. I dare say he could get several nations passports if he wanted

Maybe he is only keeping quiet in your world as you see it, and not so in other parts.

Thaksin is always manipulating something, somewhere, having to do with Thailand,

but sometimes he 'appears to go to ground.' History shows that is just a cover story.

I think the US would give him a passport simply for being a fugitive from an M word D word. A lot of countries don't take an M word D word seriously at all.

Especially when the M word D word and Democrat sponsored judiciary forced him to become a fugitive by fleeing for his life.

I have always thought that the passport illegally issued back in 2011 by Thaksins BIL must be diplomatic and now we see proof.

When Yingluck was on tour one of the things that it was reported that she did was to arrange visa free entry for holders of Thai diplomatic passports into all the countries she visited, this was reported as being reciprocal. Made it easy for big brother to travel the world.

Not revoking that passport is one on the holds that the present Govt has over Thaksin, as in behave yourself or else.

And no he would not be so free to move around on his other bought passports.

As for Thaksin knowing how to conduct himself and being responsible for his words........ Well not knowing when he had gone to far has brought us to the situation we are in now, read amnesty bill.

Well Robbienz you may think it was illegally issued but unfortunately you are wrong. When has any government issued an illegal passport. Please provide just one instance when this has occurred?

You may want to believe this is the case to suit your agenda but you have no idea what you are talking about.

"Not be free to move around..." Really. You know this from your years of experience or is this just more rubbish you wish to believe. He is as free to travel as any other person, probably has more freedom because most governments can see through the history of events and realise the truth. Unfortunately, if the truth hit you in the face, you wouldn't know what it was.

So in your wise opinion, Thaksin has created the situation Thailand is now in. This doesn't even require a response as is shows your inability to learn from history, your inability to reason, your inability to critically analyse the cause of any current problem and your preference to just type dribble that's suits your naive opinion based on nothing but ignorance and information you just make up.

I didn't realise the NZ education system taught people to be stupid but I suppose like many, it's much easier to just believe what people say and write, rather than analyse facts to decide whether the result is logical.

You and djjamie should hook up together as he is another fruitcake.

You might like to explain how a diplomatic passport that was issued when the passport issuing office was closed due to flooding and was hand delivered by Thaksins BIL could possibly legal.

You might also like to explain what diplomatic standing Thaksin had at the time the passport was issued, was the an ambassador, member of parliament, cabinet minister, civil servant representing the country.

Someone posted that as a past PM he deserved a diplomatic passport.

But he, as a convicted criminal who had broken his bail conditions and has numerous other criminal charges awaiting him, had already had his Thai passport revoked.

So in order for a new passport to be issued legally his status must have changed.

Could you please explain what that change was and when it took place.

His freedom to move comes from the visa free entry to many countries that a diplomatic passport conveys on the holder, should he only have a normal passport like the rest of us mortals he would need to apply for a visa every time he wished to visit many countries. This of course would be the reason his illegal passport was diplomatic.

Just what status the other passports he has bought confer on him I don't know, perhaps as an admirer of his you could explain ?

It would appear from your insults that you are another one of the gullible fools who believes the PT excuses as to why they were disposed by the people, the catalyst for their demise was of course the amnesty bill which brought so many people out on the streets in protest, including their own red shirt supporters.

I can post numerous links to reports from the time these events took place to prove what I write.

If you decide to reply attempt to do it without insults, it would be a refreshing change from the normal PT supporters posts.

I think the US would give him a passport simply for being a fugitive from an M word D word. A lot of countries don't take an M word D word seriously at all.

Especially when the M word D word and Democrat sponsored judiciary forced him to become a fugitive by fleeing for his life.

Here we go again.

The paymaster was convicted for abuse of authority, a serious charge, the evidence was obvious and well publicized, there is no way anybody could say it was politically motivated, the case was heard and decided and the sentence of 2 years jail handed down whilst the paymaster's party was in government.

Next.

Edited by scorecard

Great how red history is rewritten.

Thaksin had every opportunity to appeal the decision of the lower court but instead chose to break his bail conditions and abscond.

Perhaps because he knew the judges were not accepting cake boxes.

His life was never in danger.

Well Robbienz you may think it was illegally issued but unfortunately you are wrong. When has any government issued an illegal passport. Please provide just one instance when this has occurred?

You may want to believe this is the case to suit your agenda but you have no idea what you are talking about.

"Not be free to move around..." Really. You know this from your years of experience or is this just more rubbish you wish to believe. He is as free to travel as any other person, probably has more freedom because most governments can see through the history of events and realise the truth. Unfortunately, if the truth hit you in the face, you wouldn't know what it was.

So in your wise opinion, Thaksin has created the situation Thailand is now in. This doesn't even require a response as is shows your inability to learn from history, your inability to reason, your inability to critically analyse the cause of any current problem and your preference to just type dribble that's suits your naive opinion based on nothing but ignorance and information you just make up.

I didn't realise the NZ education system taught people to be stupid but I suppose like many, it's much easier to just believe what people say and write, rather than analyse facts to decide whether the result is logical.

You might like to explain how a diplomatic passport that was issued when the passport issuing office was closed due to flooding and was hand delivered by Thaksins BIL could possibly legal.

You might also like to explain what diplomatic standing Thaksin had at the time the passport was issued, was the an ambassador, member of parliament, cabinet minister, civil servant representing the country.

Someone posted that as a past PM he deserved a diplomatic passport.

But he, as a convicted criminal who had broken his bail conditions and has numerous other criminal charges awaiting him, had already had his Thai passport revoked.

So in order for a new passport to be issued legally his status must have changed.

Could you please explain what that change was and when it took place.

His freedom to move comes from the visa free entry to many countries that a diplomatic passport conveys on the holder, should he only have a normal passport like the rest of us mortals he would need to apply for a visa every time he wished to visit many countries. This of course would be the reason his illegal passport was diplomatic.

Just what status the other passports he has bought confer on him I don't know, perhaps as an admirer of his you could explain ?

It would appear from your insults that you are another one of the gullible fools who believes the PT excuses as to why they were disposed by the people, the catalyst for their demise was of course the amnesty bill which brought so many people out on the streets in protest, including their own red shirt supporters.

I can post numerous links to reports from the time these events took place to prove what I write.

If you decide to reply attempt to do it without insults, it would be a refreshing change from the normal PT supporters posts.

Robbie i will summarize your post for others.

I am wildly speculating on the nuances, benefits of diplomatic passports and the legality in Thailand of who can provide them, who is not allowed them and the reasons why one would have them or why it was issued.

All conveyed of course as if it is fact when reality I, you or anyone else has little or no idea on the legality of the passport issuance or the reasons for it.

I have always thought that the passport illegally issued back in 2011 by Thaksins BIL must be diplomatic and now we see proof.

When Yingluck was on tour one of the things that it was reported that she did was to arrange visa free entry for holders of Thai diplomatic passports into all the countries she visited, this was reported as being reciprocal. Made it easy for big brother to travel the world.

Not revoking that passport is one on the holds that the present Govt has over Thaksin, as in behave yourself or else.

And no he would not be so free to move around on his other bought passports.

As for Thaksin knowing how to conduct himself and being responsible for his words........ Well not knowing when he had gone to far has brought us to the situation we are in now, read amnesty bill.

Thai law is unequivocal in its clearness that convicted felons cannot be issued passports; no exceptions, no wiggle-room. Dr. Thaksin was, at the time and still is, not only a convicted felon but a fugitive also. Your argument is that because the government (of his puppet, baby sister) issued him a passport that that makes it legal. Let me straighten you out. The Thai government is bound by the same laws as its citizens and by the constitution. Of course, the Yingluck Thaksin government has repeatedly proved itself to be criminal in its actions as demonstrated by the impeachment of numerous officials in that government for illegal behavior; most notably, the fetching Ms Yingluck herself when she illegally transferred a high-ranking member of the Civil Service for nepotism purposes. In the US, we have an ex President who resigned from office before being prosecuted. He, also, thought that he, as President, was above the law. He found out he was not. Here's a short video of the man himself saying, "Or when the President does it, that means it is not illegal". I know you don't like illegal governments from your posts this past year, but you seem to be fine with any illegality committed by the Yingluck Thaksin government. Double standards, much?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bz49AVqsFnE

BTW, name calling of other posters just proves the weakness of you position and of your character.

Here we go again.

The paymaster was convicted for abuse of authority, a serious charge, the evidence was obvious and well publicized, there is no way anybody could say it was politically motivated, the case was heard and decided and the sentence of 2 years jail handed down whilst the paymaster's party was in government.

Next.

Serious charge really warrant an extradiction since South Korea has an extradiction treaty with Thailand. Looks like the government has given up asking for extradiction as most time the rest of the world just ignore. Wonder why?

The guy fly's in on a private jet, do you really think it makes any REAL difference if he has a DP or a regular passport, its not like he will be queuing with Somchai and Joe Bloggs.

The simple fact is that many countries do not see him the same as some people do in Thailand.

................"The simple fact is that many countries do not see him the same as some people do in Thailand."........................

At long last you have said something that we agree on !

If he tried doing what he did in Thailand, in many other countries around the world, he would have been treated as the criminal he actually is, and locked up with the rest of the dirty rats.

Thaksin did several things in Thailand some of them self serving and some admirable.In terms of criminality I can think of several politicians and army generals with much more serious cases to answer.Whatever offences Thaksin committed the real reason the old elites hate him for is totally different - namely he empowered and politicised the formerly submissive Thai majority.

Incidentally if you wish to apply universal standards I should remind you that in many places those who committed high treason through overthrowing democracy through a military coup would be imprisoned or even subject to more drastic penalties.

Here we go again.

Next.

Serious charge really warrant an extradiction since South Korea has an extradiction treaty with Thailand. Looks like the government has given up asking for extradiction as most time the rest of the world just ignore. Wonder why?

I don't seem to remember an extradition ever being asked for, perhaps you could post links to show when South Korea and the "Rest of the world" was asked to extradite Thaksin.

I believe only the Head of State can cancel his diplomatic passport and Prayut is NOT Head of State. Rember that Thailand is a Constitutional Monarchy. Prayut is Head of Government.

If what you write is true then it would also follow that a diplomatic passport could only be issued by the head of state.

Tell us, was Thaksins diplomatic passport issued by the head of state ?

Edited by Robby nz

Why is Section 44 necessary? In most countries it is a routine legal procedure to revoke the passports of criminals who have absconded from justice. Thailand's policy is to let all fugitives who can pay keep their Thai passports and even renew them at Thai consulates abroad. The list is long: Thaksin Shinawatra, Wattana Asavahame, Pracha Maleenont Jakraphob Nualkhair & etc.

Seems like the Democrats are building up the Thaksin/Red Shirt rhetoric..... again.........

I thought they were banned from this kind of divisive talk, or is it only one party that is banned from doing it........

Are you feeling left out?? The red shirts/supporters haven't got anything to say anyway .

Seems like the Democrats are building up the Thaksin/Red Shirt rhetoric..... again.........

I thought they were banned from this kind of divisive talk, or is it only one party that is banned from doing it........

I thought convicted criminals and fugitives were not allowed to have any Thai passport let alone a diplomatic one.

Who cares what other countries think? The fact is that he broke the law in Thailand, was given a fair trial in Thailand, was found guilty in Thailand, was given bail in Thailand and fled Thailand thus holding 15 other charges waiting for him.

Would you consider that the reaction of an innocent man especially as the government at the time was the PPP run by his brother in law. Yet even when his sister Yingluck was in power he never came back.

Again is that the reaction of an innocent man?

Nothing is stopping Thaksin returning to Thailand except Thaksin himself.

Edited by billd766

^^^ Sweatalot - there is no international arrest warrant issued for him, so he's free as a bird ATM. So no 1zgarz5.gif

Well, in that case he should come back, wouldn't you say so. No worries.

Mind you, the Ombudsman is still waiting for an explanation on the sneakily re-issued passport. Issued end of October, 2011 when the offices were flooded and lied about and denied till mid December 2011.

What a brainless comment.The reason why he wont get arrested abroad and the reason why he wont come back are the same - the original criminal verdict is universally seen as politically motivated and the same politically motivated crazies are now in charge.

We know that Thaksin needs to account for several issues but that's a different matter.

The band of fanatics whose response to every abuse by the current government is to mouth off irrelevantly about a "criminal fugitive" need this Thaksin saga to run and run of course.It enables them to dodge the criminality, corruption, crushing of democracy, repression and abuse of human rights which makes this administration and its puppet assembly the worst government in decades.

I agree with you. And don't forget: why they should revoke his passport? They might be in same position next or later. Who knows?

Yes, many countries see his massive amount of money, and stop there.

Actually many countries see a politician who won successive elections overthrown in a military coup. One of a series of politicians who won elections overthrown by military coups.

The lies are coming thick and fast. He wasn't overthrown by a military coup. Check the facts. He prefers to get his lobbyists to rewrite history like that as being removed when illegally occupying the caretaker PM role without authority doesn't sound so good.

He's a crook, a successful, very rich crook, but a common criminal, nothing more.

What's your option - more, a continuation of the scaly unethical, highly incapable, highly corrupt & lying mob who had made quite some progress at setting up a dictatorship, which flies right in your face in your comments about this government.

You say "We know that Thaksin needs to account for several issues but that's a different matter." How is it a different matter, it's inexplicable totally entwined in the very purpose and the actions and the last scaly mob.

Plus the last scaly mob had made quite some progress at setting up a scenario whereby they could not be voted out of power. In other words they were destroying the concept and the pillars of democracy.

Next please.

Your rant is absurd.There was no reason why the last government could not have been voted out of power.If the Democrats had reformed themselves it would have been possible in a short time scale.I appreciate you have an obsession with Thaksin but that is no excuse for lies.The sheer intellectual poverty of your position is depressing.Is there nobody out there with the ability to make a coherent case?

Absurd rant? Well how come you respond specifically to one of my constructed comments?

'If the democrats had reformed themselves.... .' I have no hesitation to agree that the dems needed and still need to get their act together, in fact I'm quite disappointed they haven't.

But I also have no hesitation to believe that the immoral and unethical yingluck thaksin mob would have without any hesitation devised more ways to ensure their party could not be voted out and without any conscience.

You say 'lies'. Please give details.

By the way jayboy, your insults will never bring you credibility.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Because I'd say "He knows where the bodies are buried" Got a hat-full of scandal on many rich and powerful I'd say a\And why would the current Government antagonize him while he's keeping quiet. I dare say he could get several nations passports if he wanted

he bought several, not got several !

Corruption like corrupt peoples,

you have them everywhere !!

Who cares, what passport Mr T is travelling with??

As long as he stays away from Thailand!!

Just ignore him, that would be the harshest punishment..........................coffee1.gif

in Thailand, the reach will not punish the reach, as the other might be on power tomorrow,

so he also will not touch you !

this is an silent agreement,

and the people will pay for it;

All former MPs will get a Diplomatic passport !

where else you have this ?

Even not Kim Jong Un would do it,

Thaksin would have been executed witha flac already !!

In my country, only former Presidents and Primes would get an Dipl. Passport !

Here we go again.

Next.

That's the issue, it wasn't a serious charge was it. Corruption over a land deal which most countries believe to be politically motivated anyway doesn't really count as a serious charge