No water AGAIN!

Keesters

Been a few days now but PWA is not sending water through the mains in Soi Kopai. Most people are having to resort to filling tanks from the many water trucks plying the area. 30 years at this house and NO WATER is a regular occurrence.

Heard many rumors that everybody at PWA owns at least one water truck and that the trucks turn off the supply to drum up business.

Building like crazy all over the city but NOTHING seems to be done about increasing the water supply infrastructure.

Where exactly is the logic in upgrading the water supply infrastructure to match the increased demand from new residential construction and rapidly increasing demand for water? coffee1.gif

I live about 500 meters west of Wat Sutaswat. We've been told that the water will be off here tomorrow from roughly dawn 'til dusk.

I can only agree that it is yet another example of the incredibly poor infrastructure here. We've lived in this same house for 9 years. Like the OP, we've endured countless outages of both water and power throughout those years.

It's just one of the negatives we must learn to live with here; since we foreigners (properly so) have no input to, or influence upon the government. It's either deal with it or move. My greatest regret is that my own country, the USA, doesn't apply that same attitude toward foreigners living there.

I live in rural Thailand next to the Mae Wong national park.

We have only had goverment water for about 4 days since the middle of January and yes we have complained but it does no good.

Something to do with the lack of rain and a drought in Thailand as far as I can tell.

It's certainly been the case in the village where I live that the water truck people will turn off your water supply at the valves in the road where your meter is located. Before panicking and ordering a truck check that the valves are open.

It's certainly been the case in the village where I live that the water truck people will turn off your water supply at the valves in the road where your meter is located. Before panicking and ordering a truck check that the valves are open.

Sounds like the perfect spot for a surveillance camera. Record them turning off the valve; and go to the police with that evidence.

Where exactly is the logic in upgrading the water supply infrastructure to match the increased demand from new residential construction and rapidly increasing demand for water? coffee1.gif

When looking at building a house or renting a house in a village one of the first problems you will have is lack of water. I endured it when living in a small village in Phitsanulok province. Get half a dozen big garbage drums and put them in the bathroom and when the water runs fill em up and keep them topped up.

When looking at building a house or renting a house in a village one of the first problems you will have is lack of water. I endured it when living in a small village in Phitsanulok province. Get half a dozen big garbage drums and put them in the bathroom and when the water runs fill em up and keep them topped up.

Why not just install an underground or stainless tank?

you could move to an area where tap water is available ......coffee1.gif

No. They should supply water, especially to well established areas. It is my house and they fitted a water meter to it over 30 years ago. Is it so wrong to expect them to pass water through it.

• 2 weeks later...

I use the blue 200 litre ex fertiliser (I think) drums. They are about 500 baht each with the top cut out.

I'm near the land office and we haven't had water for a while... thought this usually happens during the year.

The water trucks took about 2 hours to get here today so they must be really busy.

Kurt

Water & power outages are part of the 'magic' of living here in Thailand. I've lived in Isaan for over 10years and sometimes it's comforting to know that Thailand is an equal opportunity poor infrastructure country, LOL.

Most of us plan for this; water storage tanks and generator backups. Of course if your in a condo its a tad more problematic

And all this water shortage has been going on for 30 years to my personal knowledge. And nothing seems to have been done about it.

I agree that the water shortages in the area have been frequent and long standing but not an annual occurrence. We tend to forget the years of uninterrupted supply and dwell on the dry ones. As I recall, about 5 years ago, they did a big infrastructure upgrade with new high-pressure pipework connecting a lot of the dams on the eastern seaboard beyond Mabprachan and Chainork and the supply issues seemed to be resolved for at least 3 years. However, it looks like demand has once again outstripped supply (and there IS a drought) so there's a sudden, flourishing water tankering business until the Fall.

Thanks for posting that letter BTW, I have forwarded it to Mrs NL so she's be aware of what's happening (I am in Vietnam). I assume it's a listing of who gets water and who doesn't by area?

Edited by NanLaew

One reason it's better to live in a Condo. They could do the same thing to a Condo but now you have a bunch of people including Thais that are affected. Also a lot of Condo's have water tanks so one less thing for you to take care of yourself. That's what condo fees are for.

Edited by lapd

We have a 2000 liter under ground tank behind the house.

In 6 years living there, never ran dry and the same with our old house in the same village.

I though all house have a 1-2000 lit tank? Our house was bought new and the tank/pump was installed by the builder.