Bandido chief stranded in Thailand after Australian govt refuses to renew visa

webfact

Bandido chief stranded in Thailand after government refuses to renew visa

bd.jpg
Daniel Roach.

SYDNEY: -- A top Victorian bikie is stranded in Thailand after the federal government effectively banned him from re-entering Australia.

Immigration Minister Peter Dutton made the decision to reject Bandido Daniel Roach's residency visa renewal application, preventing the English-born sergeant-at-arms from returning home, the Herald Sun reports.

Roach, who had been living with his wife and two daughters in Geelong, is understood to have travelled to Thailand without his family to train with Muay Thai martial arts experts.

While he was overseas, Mr Dutton personally intervened to refuse him a return visa, on character grounds, a spokesman said.

Full story: http://www.9news.com.au/national/2015/05/19/04/45/bandido-chief-stranded-in-thailand-after-australia-refuses-to-renew-visa

-- 9news 2015-05-19

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The man is alleged to have had involvement in a range of criminal activities, including drug offences, through his alleged association with an outlaw motorcycle gang in Victoria," the spokesman said."

So nothing proven then?

Ah well, I'm sure his wife and 2 kids understand this move. Who needs their dad, eh?

What about his Wife and family. Think their could be a human rights case looming. They need to allow him access to his family , not residency but access

Edited by ExPratt

What about his Wife and family. Think their could be a human rights case looming. They need to allow him access to his family , not residency but access

Is this guy his brother? They really look a lot alike.

post-232807-0-61222400-1431995427_thumb.

"The man is alleged to have had involvement in a range of criminal activities, including drug offences, through his alleged association with an outlaw motorcycle gang in Victoria," the spokesman said."

So nothing proven then?

Ah well, I'm sure his wife and 2 kids understand this move. Who needs their dad, eh?

One could argue that being part of a violent criminal organization doesn't make him a candidate for father of the year.

When it comes to granting a discretionary visa, there is no obligation upon a government to grant it. Character attributes are indeed allowed to be taken into consideration when reviewing a visa application.

BTW, the Bandidos were just involved in a massive gunfight in Waco Texas. 9 dead, and 170 now arrested. Lovely organization he is Sergeant of Arms for.

What about his wife and family? Why do they need to allow him access? He is a UK national, not Australian. They are free to visit him in lovely England, provide the wife and kids are free of a criminal record and not involved in criminal activity. No one is denying him his civil rights, since he is not a citizen of Australia. He's a foreigner involved with a criminal organization.

This don't look good for OZ it is your problem and you dump it on Thailand could let him return to Oz then deported him back to the UK if that is where he is from.Funny a prison colony refusing a criminal, now that is classiccheesy.gif

No mention of the nationality of his family?

The wife would have also been interviewed in the process. and The UN Convention on the Rights of the Child is always considered when a decision of this sort is made in Australia.

Family considerations sometimes outweight the bad character of an applicant, but not always.

Edited by Old Croc

Is this guy his brother? They really look a lot alike.

I wouldn't mind if they deported Barnaby along with Johnny Depps dogs. They can also send back another Englishman - Tony Abbott. Same reason, on character grounds.

The events in Waco yesterday would come as no surprise to Australians: a similar thing happened in Sydney a number of years ago in the carpark of a pub/shopping centre, as well as the shooting of innocent bystanders in Melbourne in 2013.

These bikie gangs control large parts of the drug trade ( manufacture, importation, distribution), money laundering, "security", internet fraud.

They are not some old style rough'n'tough types but low-life scumbags

Doubt he would be allowed into UK if refused entry in AUS.

UK Immi first question, "why were you refused entry into AUS?" ......Answer:"Cos, I roughed up a few geysers, caught wif a bit of Ice & ride me Harley wif me mates. An' I'm married wif wife & 2 kids OK??"

UK Immi, "Sure, you sound like a fine upstanding citizen compared to last lot from Africa.....don't know what's wrong with the old penal colony!!!" Hahaha

So nothing proven then?

One could argue that being part of a violent criminal organization doesn't make him a candidate for father of the year.

When it comes to granting a discretionary visa, there is no obligation upon a government to grant it. Character attributes are indeed allowed to be taken into consideration when reviewing a visa application.

BTW, the Bandidos were just involved in a massive gunfight in Waco Texas. 9 dead, and 170 now arrested. Lovely organization he is Sergeant of Arms for.

What about his wife and family? Why do they need to allow him access? He is a UK national, not Australian. They are free to visit him in lovely England, provide the wife and kids are free of a criminal record and not involved in criminal activity. No one is denying him his civil rights, since he is not a citizen of Australia. He's a foreigner involved with a criminal organization.

Yes, maybe he is guilty but I thought the rule of law meant just that.

Evidence, prosecution, courts, you know, the whole 9 yards.

He has not been convicted of anything, least of all involvement in a shootout in the USA.

This poor man from a fine upstanding English family is being victimised because he looks like a thug, and acts like a thug and while he may have been involved in some criminal activity, it doesn't make him a bad person.

Myra Henley, Peter Sutcliffe, Maggie Thatcher, and Beelzebub are all worse than him!

All the bleeding hearts will be out in force pleading for this upstanding arse - hole to be allowed back into Oz.

Good move - should be applied more often.

I seldom quote but had to this time as you clearly don't understand the bleeding harts.

The bleading hearts are complaining about the lack of justice. They want a good, fare,honorable Thailand where people are accountable.

Its very unlikely there will be any bleeding harts here. This only shows that you,,, are always on a defense no matter what the cause or topic is.

I suggest you start looking at facts and also wish for a good civilized Thailand.

Doubt he would be allowed into UK if refused entry in AUS.

UK Immi first question, "why were you refused entry into AUS?" ......Answer:"Cos, I roughed up a few geysers, caught wif a bit of Ice & ride me Harley wif me mates. An' I'm married wif wife & 2 kids OK??"

UK Immi, "Sure, you sound like a fine upstanding citizen compared to last lot from Africa.....don't know what's wrong with the old penal colony!!!" Hahaha

i believe he's a UK citizen on a UK passport?

More and more crims are now getting deported due to a change in the Migration Act,

giving the minister greater power.

Good riddance I say.

Hundreds of convicted criminals have visas revoked under Migration Act amendment

More than 200 bikies, drug traffickers and sex offenders have had their visas cancelled in the past three months and have started being deported from Australia.

The number of cancellations is much higher than in recent years, because Immigration Minister Peter Dutton now has greater powers to revoke visas of convicted criminals.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-02-24/convicted-criminals-have-visas-cancelled/6254120

"Do you come from a land down under
Where women glow and men plunder
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder
You better run, you better take cover."

Buying bread from a man in Pattaya
He was six foot four and full of muscle
I said, "Do you speak-a my language?"
He just smiled and gave me a Vegemite sandwich
And he said:

"I come from a land down under
Where beer does flow and men chunder
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder
You better run, you better take cover."

So no evidence this guy has done something wrong other than be a member of an MC Club and using the excuse that refusal is based on his alleged charachter because he is in an MC club what an ignorant and bigoted approach

If he was committing crimes where there is proof OK no problem but when there is NO EVIDENCE of that then it is just a sad reflection on Australia and as for all you saddo's that are prepared to hang a guy because of the way he looks or your bigoted views on Bikers and Biker clubs well I wont say what I really want since i am coming off a months holiday already.

You dont even know the guy but are happy to have him removed from his family and kids on nothing more than made up crap.