what could Thailand improve for the Foreigners living/visiting Thailand ?

wowfactor10

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The government should organize a basic health insurance program that foreigners can buy into that would cover preexisting conditions and require all resident foreigners to buy this basic program. Luxury private plans could be optional.

The government should organize a basic health insurance program that foreigners can buy into that would cover preexisting conditions and require all resident foreigners to buy this basic program. Luxury private plans could be optional.

i would assume that the money they would be prepared to spend would have you paying most of the fees yourself unless you fancied a public hospital. Also can you imagine giving a "Fund" of any size to the Thai government or even a Thai company

From a personal perspective.

Mandatory bum guns in all toilets

Banning security guards from carrying whistles

Paying a hardship allowance for basic essential items such as imported cold cuts, pate and cheese

Set up a monitoring agency to ensure that restaurants offering American or full English breakfasts offer a product that doesn't consist of a fried egg, a slice of processed ham, a hot dog sausage and a piece of cold toast and make it a legal requirement for English brekkies to have black pudding and Cumberland or Lincolnshire sossies as a bare minimum.

Stop viewing us as the Goose that lays the golden eggs.

regards Worgeordie

That's hardly going to stop when men continue to shell out significant amounts of cash so that women will pretend to enjoy their company.

regards Worgeordie

That's hardly going to stop when men continue to shell out significant amounts of cash so that women will pretend to enjoy their company.

Prostitution is not uniquely Thai.

regards Worgeordie

Prostitution is not uniquely Thai.

Bit of a non-sequitur there, BB.

From a personal perspective.

Mandatory bum guns in all toilets

Banning security guards from carrying whistles

Paying a hardship allowance for basic essential items such as imported cold cuts, pate and cheese

Set up a monitoring agency to ensure that restaurants offering American or full English breakfasts offer a product that doesn't consist of a fried egg, a slice of processed ham, a hot dog sausage and a piece of cold toast and make it a legal requirement for English brekkies to have black pudding and Cumberland or Lincolnshire sossies as a bare minimum.

Those american breakfasts are killers.

For me the only thing that should be improved is to facilitated the process for those foreigners with familly ties( wives, children etc) and that wish or need to work in in Thailand to get the PR and also to become a citizen, the rest seems ok, for me.

I have similar thoughts to Om85 that they could remove blockers to looking after and providing for Thai family dependents and provide a bit more security for long term contributors when things perhaps go a bit tits up. I cannot see anything that would be a blocker to improving those areas rather than dealing with the odd deviant who would try and shaft the system ruining it for everyone else.

More generally they could also look to modernize the work permit situation particularly for sole traders and freelancers, it's taxable income for the country, understand that sometime they may earn nothing one month but a decent income the next, the country could also attract in more industries that could leverage from temps, the movie, modelling, tv industry, your IT nomads, travel writers, web designers, bloggers with an income etc not to mention your second language educators. I wouldn't even mind if the tied in some conditions for a small amount of pro-bono work for the government but it's generally a win/win to modernize this with reality checks to the way people currently work.

the climate could be improved and four seasons introduced whistling.gif

Naam you only need place more aircons outside and as for four seasons..........http://www.fourseasons.com/kohsamui/landing_3/?source=gaw11kohS23&"four+seasons+thailand"&creative=59467613192&KW_ID=sBlCC5Gio_dc|pcrid|59467613192&gclid=CNf97pmezcUCFWXMtAodmn4Abg

I think if they improved things for Thais they would improve for us. Starting with Laws that are enforced properly

Yes, any government's priorities should be aimed at their own people first. Despite what the perpetual whiners go on about. life here for farang is already far more comfortable than it is for a lot of nationals. And most of those farang who seem so miserable here would probably be worse off if they stayed in the countries from which they fled.

No farang government spends a great deal of time worrying about accommodating foreigners. If anything their interest in foreigners is concerned with keeping them out unless they're bringing money and/or needed skills.

Maybe if farang governments worked on improving life back in Farang Utopia there wouldn't be so many unemployable, unqualified, economic refugees here.

Some valid points here :

Ban the whistles from all he security guards,create an basic health insurancy plan, regulate land owning options for foreigners,work permit procedure need be much more simple,Provide hassle free all year visas.and of course the sharia laws for ladyboys..

For me the only thing that should be improved is to facilitated the process for those foreigners with familly ties( wives, children etc) and that wish or need to work in in Thailand to get the PR and also to become a citizen, the rest seems ok, for me.

While you have every right to put that on a wish list, in the real world, no one that got married/ had a family here didn't know the restrictions from the Thai government.

regards Worgeordie

There's a good reason why some of "us" are viewed as clueless cash machines and it has nothing to do with an unwarranted Thai point of view.

Geese are only kept to be eaten or to supply filling for pillows. They're certainly not meant to be lifelong companions nor are they kept for their intellectual companionship. The ones who fly to Thailand are just asking to be plucked even if they're intention is solely to do something that rhymes with pluck.

Unfortunately it's the relatively small number of dung-encrusted geese that give the more respectable swans a bad name (with apologies to Hans Christian Andersen for the metaphoric change in fowl).

Edited by Suradit69

I think if they improved things for Thais they would improve for us. Starting with Laws that are enforced properly

Yes, any government's priorities should be aimed at their own people first. Despite what the perpetual whiners go on about. life here for farang is already far more comfortable than it is for a lot of nationals. And most of those farang who seem so miserable here would probably be worse off if they stayed in the countries from which they fled.

No farang government spends a great deal of time worrying about accommodating foreigners. If anything their interest in foreigners is concerned with keeping them out unless they're bringing money and/or needed skills.

Maybe if farang governments worked on improving life back in Farang Utopia there wouldn't be so many unemployable, unqualified, economic refugees here.

Well you wrong...

In my country once foreigners are allowed in then over some years time they end up with the exact same rules and benefits as i have...

Some examples,insurance,passports,landowning,education,justice.social security all no difference.

Example a Thai lady would marry a guy from my country then she gets all these benefits just as if she was born in my country.Now that is not the same here if i marry a thai girl then still my rights are completely limited here in thailand..

So the difference is the behavior of governments in dealing with foreigners.

Not all governments are unfair/unfriendly towards foreigners like here in Thailand is the practice.

Any country do this?

If they did I'd be surprised.

regards Worgeordie

There's a good reason why some of "us" are viewed as clueless cash machines and it has nothing to do with an unwarranted Thai point of view.

Geese are only kept to be eaten or to supply filling for pillows. They're certainly not meant to be lifelong companions nor are they kept for their intellectual companionship. The ones who fly to Thailand are just asking to be plucked even if they're intention is solely to do something that rhymes with pluck.

Unfortunately it's the relatively small number of dung-encrusted geese that give the more respectable swans a bad name (with apologies to Hans Christian Andersen for the metaphoric change in fowl).

So i need to think hard about this one ?

If we come to do something in Thailand that rhymes with pluck then its normal that from all angles we should get ....

I still do not think its an good reason but it is the reality all visitors get treated as if they come here only to pluck,