Man wanted for murder in Nakorn Sri Thammarat arrested in Phuket

webfact

Man wanted for murder in Nakorn Sri Thammarat arrested in Phuket

1432008561_1-org.jpg
Kittisak told police he shot Mr Saroj because he had tried to shoot him before.

PHUKET: -- A man from Nakorn Sri Thammarat who was wanted by police in connection with a murder carried out last year in Nakorn Sri Thammarat was arrested in Phuket yesterday (May18). He was also wanted for possession of drug a Category 1 drug with intent to sell.

Yesterday evening, Phuket City police under the command of Col Dr Kraitong Jantongbai arrested Nakorn Sri Thammarat native, Kittisak or Leewan Pis, 25, who was wanted in connection with the murder of 38-year-old Saroj Malayoo in March 2014 and also for drug possession in July 2014.

Police arrested Kittisak in a rented room in soi Malipan in Rassada.

The murder of Mr Saroj happened at 11:30am on March 13 2041 last year when two suspects on a motorbike approached him at a wedding party in Pakpoon, Nakorn Sri Thammarat and one of the men shot him dead.

At the time of the incident police believed that the suspect killed Mr Saroj in revenge for a murder carried out in 2012 of which Mr Saroj was a suspect.

However, no charges were ever pressed against Mr Saroj due to lack of evidence.

Upon his arrest, Kittisak told police, “I used a .38 pistol to shoot Saroj because he came to my house in Nakorn Sri Thammarat before and tried to shoot me.”

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/man-wanted-for-murder-in-nakorn-sri-thammarat-arrested-in-phuket-52385.php

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-05-19