Finally

I think none of the engine classing or weight issues makes any sense. It should all be based on width oif the bike. Some bikes are wider and need more space to park. That's the real issue here.

Size and price. You wouldn't want your 1M+ THB Panigale scratched by some Forza even though the latter is probably around the same size and certainly wider.

There is a difference between big bike riders who know how to handle these bikes and are careful maneuvering them around a parking lot and people who usually only ride cheaper bikes where a small bump into something is mai-pen-lai. And since you can't see it in the eyes of riders nor are there special licenses, your best bet will be by judging the riders ability according to the kind of bike he rides.

But honestly they should call it Hi-So parking :)

I think none of the engine classing or weight issues makes any sense. It should all be based on width oif the bike. Some bikes are wider and need more space to park. That's the real issue here.

Size and price. You wouldn't want your 1M+ THB Panigale scratched by some Forza even though the latter is probably around the same size and certainly wider.

There is a difference between big bike riders who know how to handle these bikes and are careful maneuvering them around a parking lot and people who usually only ride cheaper bikes where a small bump into something is mai-pen-lai. And since you can't see it in the eyes of riders nor are there special licenses, your best bet will be by judging the riders ability according to the kind of bike he rides.

But honestly they should call it Hi-So parking smile.png

Wing Nut:

You have Panigale?

Cool!

Don't expect deserved respect from the monkey/Forza/mai-pen-rai. crowd.

Prolly avoid taking it to the mall to be on the safe side.

Just use the chauffeur for shopping. thumbsup.gif

Agree it should be 600 up or anything bigger then 500.. The difference in weight from the cbr600rr to the cbr1000rr is nothing.. Depending on the year almost the same give or take 10kg.

Would not like to park the 600rr in the skooter section.. Oh well.

Sent from my c64

But honestly they should call it Hi-So parking smile.png

Wing Nut:

You have Panigale?

Cool!

Don't expect deserved respect from the monkey/Forza/mai-pen-rai. crowd.

Prolly avoid taking it to the mall to be on the safe side.

Just use the chauffeur for shopping. thumbsup.gif

Yea, the problem is that even coming in your Benz with a chauffeur and parking in the "super car" parking area, you'll have to mix with the plebs in the shopping mall. Live's not easy.

Weeds out the poor, a 650 could be bought by just about anyone on Thaivisa, but 800+ is proper money, and those with proper money shop in the Sukhumvit malls.

So thats 90% of us out then.

I think 500cc and up is better but as mentioned no parking attendant will care if a ER6 parks there.

Will Paragon allow a biker to pay for a car parking spot?

I can see why Paragon and expensive places want to segregate bikes but wonder why BigC/Tesco have small bike parking sections.

I assume 6 parked Clicks is 6 guaranteed customers, maybe 12.

One parked Vios is 1 guaranteed customer, maybe 5.

It seems not many places anticipate the demand for parking.

I see many of the new condos with less parking spots than rooms sold.

I think a parking garage on Sukhumvit would be a profitable business.

Like any parking attendant is even going to know or care how big the engine is ...

Ah they actually do! And they were carefully observing an er6, even asked me how many cc it was.

I work there thats why I need to park there, but not accepting the 600 plus is indeed a bit stupid. Im on a sportster 1200 so I do need more space to park