Koh Larn ferry operators under spotlight for overcharging

Rimmer

Quote : " Ronakit insisted the boat operators follow the law."

... and they answered : "we'll think about it, but we don't promise anything, because we're islanders, and laws are for mainlanders".

Quote : " Ronakit insisted the boat operators follow the law."

... and they answered : "we'll think about it, but we don't promise anything, because we're islanders, and laws are for mainlanders".

Insisted? is that Thai for we will have another meeting next month??? gigglem.gif

have used the koh larn ferry many times used to be 20 baht , went up to 30 baht a couple of years ago but i have never been charged 100 baht .

now the speed boat guys .... they do know how to charge .

They used to issue special tickets for the Koh Chang ferries I recall... you prepaid 3x the regular fare in Pattaya at time of booking. Scamming tourists has been going on for years, as have the half hearted attempts to stop it. Mind you the Larn ferry hasn't sunk this year yet, so perhaps you get to survive for the extra money.

maybe if they charged more they could afford to spend a little on maintaining the boats, guess thats expecting too much

Considering they have either 9 or 16 journeys at 3,600 a go that puts them on a least 40k a day, so 1.2 Mil a month...surely that's enough to maintain the vessel...no need to be overcharging.

Realistic western thinking not acceptable in Thailand please whistling.gifbeatdeadhorse.gif

have used the koh larn ferry many times used to be 20 baht , went up to 30 baht a couple of years ago but i have never been charged 100 baht .

now the speed boat guys .... they do know how to charge .

They used to issue special tickets for the Koh Chang ferries I recall... you prepaid 3x the regular fare in Pattaya at time of booking. Scamming tourists has been going on for years, as have the half hearted attempts to stop it. Mind you the Larn ferry hasn't sunk this year yet, so perhaps you get to survive for the extra money.

jacko45k, you said "Mind you the Larn ferry hasn't sunk this year yet"

But you missed out the "touch wood" bit.

(day after you post one sinks then next day one catches fire)... they should stop you posting.