Truck Driver injured in East Pattaya Road Crash

Rimmer

Truck Driver injured in East Pattaya Road Crash

truck-21.jpg

PATTAYA:--Police and Medics rushed to the scene of a road crash which occurred on the notoriously dangerous Highway 36 on Friday evening.

The crash occurred on the Bangkok-bound carriageway in the Pong sub-district area and result¬ed in the 18-wheel truck flipping onto its side and coming to rest in the central reservation leaving its containers strewn across the carriageway.

The driver, Khun Chanchai aged 32 was injured but explained to Police that he was driving from Map Ta Put in Rayong Province to Laem Chabang when a car cut across his path causing him to take evasive action to avoid a rear-end collision with the other vehicle. The truck driver lost control causing the truck to jackknife.

Read more:http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/198730/truck-driver-injured-in-east-pattaya-road-crash/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2015-05-30

the notoriously dangerous Highway 36

Unfortunately I think that in Thailand ALL highways,, sub highways, sois, rural roads and whatever allows a motorized vehicle fall in that category.

By the way, I live in that area and passed when it had happened, the truck wasn't on it's side but upside down. It happened right in front of the Regents school, and I wouldn't be surprised if the drivers story is correct, because what happens at that particular location every day is astonishing to say the least.

So I understand from the limited info provided here, the car that "cut across the path of the 18-wheeler" was driving slower than the 18-wheeler, otherwise evasive action would not have been necessary. How can a slower car cut across a faster moving vehicle ?

Sounds like the 18-wheeler driver is telling a Whoppa !!

Edited by Pattaya28

So I understand from the limited info provided here, the car that "cut across the path of the 18-wheeler" was driving slower than the 18-wheeler, otherwise evasive action would not have been necessary. How can a slower car cut across a faster moving vehicle ?

At that particular spot 2 cross over were created. So cars that leave the Regent school parking go straight over the highway exit, then there is a cross over where they cross the #36 that comes from Rayong, then there is a next cross over to get on the #36 direction Rayong, and to make it even worse those cross overs are a 100 meter past the highway entrance to Bangkok and Pattaya, so many go just against traffic flow to get on the highway entrance.

Anybody know when highway 36 was diverted to incorporate East Pattaya. Last time I drove along it (2 weeks ago) it ran from Rayong to Banglamung and went nowhere near East Pattaya. It would be a stretch to even call it North Pattaya.

Not so. Many Thai drivers will pull out in front of a fast moving vehicle and occupy the lane at a very slow speed instead of getting out of the way of the approaching vehicle quickly.

Anybody know when highway 36 was diverted to incorporate East Pattaya. Last time I drove along it (2 weeks ago) it ran from Rayong to Banglamung and went nowhere near East Pattaya. It would be a stretch to even call it North Pattaya.

There's no such thing as East or North Pattaya either. These arbitrary labels are an invention by farangs for farangs who can't tell their Nongprue's from their Pongs.