Vinyl tank wrap

Can samui

Hi folks, thinking of getting the tank on my Versys wrapped in vinyl carbon fibre and was just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for an experienced shop that can do it in one piece with no cuts. I can remove the tank and mail it as I live on Samui so I will mail it anywhere if the shop is good.

Cheers

I know its not quite what your looking for .. but maybe this floats your boat

https://th-th.facebook.com/sventurethailand

Used to have a local place do these "dips" and it was/looked pretty amazing. There are vids on U Tube showing process and I think it was also quite cheap too!

Thats real carbon, not a hydro graphics dip or vinyl wrap.

Glass dips - if you join some Facebook groups "versys Thailand" , "big bike Thailand" and "versys market TH" you will find someone offering the service.

Is there a company that does good vinyl wraps here ? I have seen vinyl sticker sets but not the real deal that gets applied with a heat gun.

There's a guy with a Honda Jazz that's got a 100% carbon wrapped just down the road, the cars Malaysian, looks pretty awful.

Been looking and when I ask if they use a heat gun they stare at me like I have two heads. Ok, getting some from eBay and will try it myself. Thank god for youtube!

Did you check the glass dipping guys - they do a pretty cool job, it looks like real sealed carbon but I saw pics of it on plastic rather than tanks.

Crazy innit .. It's like, do you have a bake oven for your paint ? Huh, why ? We just leave it in the sun ( and dust ). What's a heat gun ? We can just put it out on the Tarmac at mid day.

There are quite a few vinyl wrap places up here in Chiang Mai and some do better jobs than others. My biggest concern would be around the filler cap. Any spills at the pump will surely unravel all the work done.... and Id imagine the sticky mess that will result.

They do use heat guns too.....albeit someones hairdrier smile.png. They have very wide sheets of vinyl so no need to see cuts in the material...hence the use of the heat gun.

Although it may look good, I think the `dips`maybe a better product

Fake carbon fiber.

Classy.

My tank is scratched to hell.

I do not own a Premier League club so I am not rich enough to afford real carbon fibre.

I like the look.

Ok with you?

since you asked:

New paint job at under 100 bucks or a few cans of spray paint.

Either.

But go for fake, sure.

I had the tank and fly screen on my bike vinyl wrapped at a place in BKK - this is their web site with pics of my bike.

http://www.wrap-a-car.com/index.php/facebook-gallery?id=874401439298808

These guys seem pretty good at what they do with cars but I'm not so sure that wrapping bike tanks well is that easy. On mine the wrap started bubbling along the bottom edges of the tank after a week or so. I went back and they stripped it all off and re-did the tank. Same thing happened. I think the problem is that the tank rim is too close to the engine and the hot air lifts the wrap. You can use a hairdryer to heat it back up later and stick it back, but it doesn't last.

They also advised against carbon fibre wrap, saying that the film is thicker than standard vinyl and this makes it more prone to adhesion problems.

I was thinking the same. It must be hard to wrap a tank with 1 piece. Where does all the extra material go when it folds over itself in the sharp corners? I also see many cars with the wrap bubbling off in concave areas.