Another crackdown on Pretties

heybruce

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cold gravy is a lot less likely to make one barf.

with a hooter like yours,i bet you would no all about that,

You do realize his avatar is of a photo of Mehmet Özyürek, right? D'oh! facepalm.gif

Edited by TheAppletons

just a update for the I can get three beers cheaper than you can,or this one has a better promotion than yours,blar blar bar is selling three large chang classic plus free bucket of ice for 100BTH.any one raise me on that one.

This promotion definitely wasn't there two weeks ago, and I don't think anyone is going to beat it. Did they put any qualifiers on it, such as a mid-week only promotion or must order before 8 pm?

Worth noting that Blar Blar has lots of pretty staff and beer girls on the weekends. They have a good supply on weekdays also, but not as many.

I went there,

They charged 20bht extra for the ice. The girls selling weren't very pretty, it was all men in black pouring the drinks at the tables.

Nice roofless place, very pretty waterfall, pond and lighting, colourful live band, but a bit too 'jazzy' for me, very large, entirely Thai customers, no foreigners.

Food was good, we only had snacks.

Funny thing, they didn't offer us the promotion, we had to ask, also noticed every table in the building were drinking the special offer.

Not one person drinking anything else. Once on the promotion, they wanted to keep selling more 3s.

I would go again.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

just a update for the I can get three beers cheaper than you can,or this one has a better promotion than yours,blar blar bar is selling three large chang classic plus free bucket of ice for 100BTH.any one raise me on that one.

This promotion definitely wasn't there two weeks ago, and I don't think anyone is going to beat it. Did they put any qualifiers on it, such as a mid-week only promotion or must order before 8 pm?

Worth noting that Blar Blar has lots of pretty staff and beer girls on the weekends. They have a good supply on weekdays also, but not as many.

I went there,

They charged 20bht extra for the ice. The girls selling weren't very pretty, it was all men in black pouring the drinks at the tables.

Nice roofless place, very pretty waterfall, pond and lighting, colourful live band, but a bit too 'jazzy' for me, very large, entirely Thai customers, no foreigners.

Food was good, we only had snacks.

Funny thing, they didn't offer us the promotion, we had to ask, also noticed every table in the building were drinking the special offer.

Not one person drinking anything else. Once on the promotion, they wanted to keep selling more 3s.

I would go again.

Blar Blar has a high turnover of staff, which isn't unusual for a business that employs university students for part-time work. Quality of service and eye-candy fluctuates, but I find it's usually pretty good.

Westerners are a small minority of the customers in most (all?) of the bars and restaurants in Nimmanhamin. I don't mind, it reminds me I'm in Thailand.

While you were in Blar Blar I was nearby in Dayli, and I had to ask about the promotion there as well (three large Leos for 169 baht). That's not unusual, I think it may be because many of the staff speak very little English and are self-conscious about it, so they volunteer very little information.

The friends I was having dinner with at Dayli both had to work on Saturday and left around 10 pm, so I walked around a bit on my own. I went past Rush Bar and was going to keep walking, but a ridiculously cute 19 year old waitress smiled at me, so I had to stop for a couple of beers. After Rush I stopped at Beer Box for one expensive by very good bottled ale. I tried to order another at two minutes past midnight and couldn't. I went to HOB and found it was closed also. The Friday before I was able to order at 12:30, this past Friday they and other bars on Nimmanhamin were closed promptly at midnight. I didn't check out the bars further down the sois, so I don't know if the soi 6 bars--Infinity, Tawan Daeng, etc, were also closed.

To state the obvious, we are in a period of on-again, off-again midnight closures, combined with occasional crackdowns on pretties and beer promotions. If you want a long beery evening, start early, and remember there are always lots of pretty women around Nimmanhamin even when they aren't wearing beer advertisement dresses.

• 2 weeks later...

What do those girls get paid, anyway? I would guess very little. Do they get tipped well? Or their bottoms pinched more?

Some of them seem to probably spend more on make-up than they could possibly take in in an evening.

Otherwise, speaking of pretties --- other than note that Thailand is clearly overloaded with them --- what about the ones at all the cosmetic counters. Do they really make a living ? Well, maybe they get free cosmetics.

I knew a Asahi prettie in Lamphun and she said she got 300 baht per night which was 20 baht more than the normal waitresses..plus tips of course.. Edited by Nigeone

I knew a Asahi prettie in Lamphun and she said she got 300 baht per night which was 20 baht more than the normal waitresses..plus tips of course..

Asahi girls still at Oxide in CM ......

post-233622-0-76981600-1436081413_thumb.

And the rest of the serving wenches .....

post-233622-0-28226400-1436081551_thumb.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

Whatever it is; I'll buy some. The Singhas are likely the 500ml, I don't think they make the true large anymore, but that is a good deal. Dayli does same price for Leo and Singha...only difference is 630 ml vs. 500 ml, but it seems like they have started to play the "ice game" and my visits there will be numbered. I might even switch to Chang. I didn't even realize Chang Classic is the same as Chang...30 years ago, Coke did a big blunder and changed regular Coke, but offered another one called Classic, that was the old recipe. It was a huge failure. I think many stereotype us Americans as dedicated Bud drinkers, but I haven't been loyal to one brewery in decades. They all play their silly games with putting the old ones on sale (Tescos trademark), etc, and I'm not playing. Same goes for a bar...if they have their shiite together..sure I will go there for the rest of my life, but they always seem to get complacent, raise prices, change things that don't need changing, hire new staff, or their rent gets tripled then it all becomes a moot point. So, my philosophy on Chiang Mai beers, bars, and restaurants is if it is great, support the heck out them and enjoy it while it lasts, because nothing seems to be too permanent here.

BTW, nice group of ladies, and I don't think anyone in their right mind could complain about being served by them and/or flirting with them...it wouldn't be worth having a hangover for 36 hours because you drank four warm ones, though.

I've been going to Oxide for several years. On the plus side, the owners continually upgrade the facility (maybe not the restrooms, lol). It has become a much nicer place, with the sushi bar and bands. The girls wear themed outfits, but each girl has about 4 tables she is responsible for, so often you'll see the girl just sitting around due to no customers at her tables. So although you get to watch them walk back and forth, normally only one, maybe two, can sit with you for any length of time. Speaking of Time, right across the street, the girls are still cute and they do not have the table restrictions. The place isn't as nice as Oxide, but it's a fair place. Oxide does have drink promotions, as well as special entertainment nights where you reserve your table. A few nights back there were Corona pretties, and they were offering different flavors of large margaritas with a small Corona beer upside down in the drink. The drinks were good, and one of the Corona girls was quite nice smile.png. I guess they call them Coronitas. You can see them on the Oxide FB page.

Sorry, off topic some, but just informational stuff.

Edited by ramrod45

I knew a Asahi prettie in Lamphun and she said she got 300 baht per night which was 20 baht more than the normal waitresses..plus tips of course..

Asahi girls still at Oxide in CM ......

attachicon.gifashahi.jpg

And the rest of the serving wenches .....

attachicon.gifasahi.jpg

I definitely need to spend more time in Santitham.

Yeah, a bit different from the Nimman crowd. And, as you've noticed, some great beer deals and nice eye candy.