Thai Ready For First Flight From Suvarnabhumi

george

THAI Ready for first flight from Suvarnabhumi

BANGKOK: -- Thai Airways International (THAI) is ready to begin commercial operations at Suvarnabhumi Airport on Friday.

“Everything is now ready to serve passengers,” said Mano Sapayanon, Director of THAI’s Ground Services Support Department.

The first commercial flight out of the new airport will be TG 8860, a Boeing 737-400, from Bangkok to Phitsanulok at 6.30 AM.

On Saturday, some of THAI’s flights between the capital and Chiangmai and Ubon Ratchathani will also begin operating at Suvarnabhumi. Passengers are advised to check their tickets in advance and plan accordingly.

An “NBK” code on a ticket means that the flight is at Suvarnabhumi Airport, while “BKK” is at Bangkok International Airport (Don Muang).

When arriving at the new airport, Mano said passengers should go to island number 2 at the west end of the departure hall where the airline’s domestic check-in counters are located. After receiving a boarding pass, passengers will proceed to either concourse A or B where the domestic departure gates are situated.

THAI will begin servicing six daily flights between Suvarnabhumi Airport and Phitsanulok, while low cost carrier Jetstar will operate six of their own flights between Bangkok and Singapore from the new airport.

To provide the best service to both domestic and international passengers, Airports of Thailand Plc. will assign staff to provide information at the terminal.

Inquiries can also be made at the airport’s Call Centre at (02) 132 – 1888, which will have 24-hour service starting Friday.

--TNA 2006-09-14

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An “NBK” code on a ticket means that the flight is at Suvarnabhumi Airport, while “BKK” is at Bangkok International Airport (Don Muang).

Is the NBK code the one that will be used full time for Suvarnabhumi? Or, is it a temporary one until the International flights change from Don Muang? :o

Edited by mrbojangles

THAI Ready for first flight from Suvarnabhumi

BANGKOK: -- Thai Airways International (THAI) is ready to begin commercial operations at Suvarnabhumi Airport on Friday.

“Everything is now ready to serve passengers,” said Mano Sapayanon, Director of THAI’s Ground Services Support Department.

The first commercial flight out of the new airport will be TG 8860, a Boeing 737-400, from Bangkok to Phitsanulok at 6.30 AM.

On Saturday, some of THAI’s flights between the capital and Chiangmai and Ubon Ratchathani will also begin operating at Suvarnabhumi. Passengers are advised to check their tickets in advance and plan accordingly.

When arriving at the new airport, Mano said passengers should go to island number 2 at the west end of the departure hall where the airline’s domestic check-in counters are located. After receiving a boarding pass, passengers will proceed to either concourse A or B where the domestic departure gates are situated.

THAI will begin servicing six daily flights between Suvarnabhumi Airport and Phitsanulok, while low cost carrier Jetstar will operate six of their own flights between Bangkok and Singapore from the new airport.

To provide the best service to both domestic and international passengers, Airports of Thailand Plc. will assign staff to provide information at the terminal.

Inquiries can also be made at the airport’s Call Centre at (02) 132 – 1888, which will have 24-hour service starting Friday.

--TNA 2006-09-14

BKK is the new airport!

Edited by bikerlou47

Is the NBK code the one that will be used full time for Suvarnabhumi? Or, is it a temporary one until the International flights change from Don Muang? :o

NB 5s said to be used until it has been recognised as the new international airport for Bangkok. From what l heard, as soon as BKK Don Muang closes to commercial traffic, the authorities then have to sort out to move the BKK airport code to Suvaranabhumi.

NBK is used only while both airports are operational.

BKK is the code that the new airport will use after the swicth on 28 Sep at 3am

Is the NBK code the one that will be used full time for Suvarnabhumi? Or, is it a temporary one until the International flights change from Don Muang? :D

NBK is used only while both airports are operational.

BKK is the code that the new airport will use after the swicth on 28 Sep at 3am

If all goes according to plan... :o

This is all very <deleted> well isn't it.

I mean you book a flight to the big mango and you wouldn't have f^&%$#g clue where yor gonna land.

Nice if you want people to meet you.

They should do it on one day but I guess this is a bit too much to expect from the Thai techno mentality.

Another case of "TIT"

I mean you book a flight to the big mango and you wouldn't have f^&%$#g clue where yor gonna land.

They should do it on one day but I guess this is a bit too much to expect from the Thai techno mentality.

Another case of "TIT"

Apparently the techno-mentality which has been overwhelmed is not Thai.

How difficult is it to read the code on the ticket and plan accordingly?

"An “NBK” code on a ticket means that the flight is at Suvarnabhumi Airport, while “BKK” is at Bangkok International Airport (Don Muang).

Obviously switching an operation of this size in one day would be highly irresponsible and the chaos that would ensue would be exactly what some of the chronic complainers on this message board would jump all over.

It seems, no matter what the Thai authorities do, it makes no sense to the resident armchair quarterbacks.

If this is the first commercial flight, out of the new airport, why have all the other flights since 28th September 2005 also been called 'commercial' flights ?

Do Thai Airways know, what their planes have been doing, carrying commercial paid-for passengers, in and out of Suvarnabhumi, all this time ?

Or is this some novel new interpretation of the words 'first' and 'commercial' ?

And would it not have been helpful, to have opened the new call-centre, in advance of the planned 'first' flights ? Or are they only needed afterwards, to handle calls from irate passengers, enquiring why they're unable to connect with their flights out of Don Maung, as planned and booked months previously.

Just got back from SIA office, they are handing out leaflets.

Great news - no Bangkok taxis allowed to pick up at new airport.

Quote:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Quote:

Limousines:

Contact Limousine Service Counter.

Pick up at PTB (Passenger Terminal Building) Outer Curb.

Public metered taxi:

Take express shuttle bus from PTB (Passenger Terminal Building) to Taxi Stand at Public Transportation Centre.

Unquote:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

What a fiasco, thousands of people arriving, who dont want an over-price 'limousine' at 1000B, and to get a taxi you have to get a bus to the 'Public Transportation Centre'.

Nasty rumour going around the monopoly 'concession' on the limousines is controlled by a relative of some guy who just sold a telephone company?

Anyone have any info on this.

This the flight I am booked on:=

Flight Schedule

Airline Departure Arrival Travel Time Services

Thai Airways

TG 917

Economy 21:30 hrs

Thu 28 Sep 06

London [LHR]

TERMINAL 3

Heathrow 15:05 hrs

Fri 29 Sep 06

Bangkok [bKK]

TERMINAL 1

Bangkok International 11h 35m Aircraft: Boeing 747 Jet

Meals: Not specified

So according to Thai, I have to check my ticket and if it reads NBK I land at Suvarnabhumi.

Well my ticket reads BKK, so that means I wil be at Don Muang on the 29th (does it ?) or Does it not ? after all AOT have stated the old airport close on the 28th, but according to Thai Airways the flight I am on will be landing there. :o:D

Got to laff at this though!!! :D Judging from everything else thats happened with the airport over the last 40yrs, can't surprise anyone. :D

Mind you won't be using the airport until March, and hopefully it will be sorted by then. :D However as it is, seems Don Muang is the airport on my tickets. :o

Edited by britmaveric

Another case of "TIT"

I would have hoped that the airlines know where their flights are going - so it would not be too diffcult to find out. I think the 'TIT' in this instance may be the original contributor.

You know,

I wish you guys would give it a rest. OPening a new International airport is not an easy thing. The Thai government is trying to do a good job of it. Just give them a chance and stop your constant complaining.

Thirded....

I work in the Industry. Opening a new International Airport is a massive highly complex operation, which the "super efficient" Japanese cannot manage without cockups, nor could they in Hong Kong, and nor could they, lest we conveniently forget, could the Americans manage with JFK many moons ago when it was simpler. And if they open a new airport (please!!!!) in the UK, that will be fraught with problems too.

If they sort it out within a year, they will have beaten all the above "records". Of course within 3 months in Thailand we will have, on here, sneering at the "incompetent" Thais.

Of course the excuses are amusing, agreed. But this is Thailand.

Well said, either give it a rest, or apply for the job of sorting it out yourself. I could'nt do it...... Perhaps the naysayers can give details of their current/past occupations, why they have the knowledge and experience to post negative comments, and then do so....

Air travel is a pain in the a** as a passenger anywhere, but I certainly have always found it less so in Thailand. An example of pain, I (they) have never lost a bag in 60+ flights (as a passenger) in and out of Don Muang, and I am not counting the internals. 9 times and counting at LHR. When they sort out the inevitable problems at the new airport, I would expect this to continue

Edited by yorkman

Another case of "TIT"

I would have hoped that the airlines know where their flights are going - so it would not be too diffcult to find out. I think the 'TIT' in this instance may be the original contributor.

Exactly, it cannot be done on one day. This is an International Airport, it operates 24/7. So you decide at 00:00, do you, that you take all the airport staff to the new airport including their equipment, all the fuel required, the information required to ensure security, vehicles, maintenence and hanger equipment ( blah blah ohh I could go on!), give directions to all the aircraft that were due to land at 11:50, but are late, to divert, and then expect that as a passenger you will land on time, get a smooth transition through the airport, and see your lovely outside?

(a) TIT indeed....

More bloody whinging from the ill-informed malcontents. We're about to get one of the best airports in the world and people can only focus on the negatives. No wonder the immigration people want to get rid of these farang.

Look, it's very simple. If you are worried about which airport your flight will arrive at or depart from, there is a new miraculous invention called the telephone. Try using it, or is it more fun to come online and complain incessantly?

I'm actually impressed that they gave this date and they're sticking to it. Of course there will be confusion and disruptions; it's a major logistical exercise.

My tickets clearly state TU26SEP BKKPER etc. FR27OCT PERBKK. I was told be the main Thai Airways office in Udon that the departure would definitley be from Don Muang and arrival would be Suvarnabhumi. This code thing must be a late change or I remain one of the confused.

More bloody whinging from the ill-informed malcontents. We're about to get one of the best airports in the world and people can only focus on the negatives. No wonder the immigration people want to get rid of these farang.

Look, it's very simple. If you are worried about which airport your flight will arrive at or depart from, there is a new miraculous invention called the telephone. Try using it, or is it more fun to come online and complain incessantly?

I'm actually impressed that they gave this date and they're sticking to it. Of course there will be confusion and disruptions; it's a major logistical exercise.

Hi Guys,

I am flying in next Wednesday from HK and have had an arrangement for months to meet an old friend at the bar at Gate 7 to fly on to Chiang Rai. Does this latest post mean that if he ain't on Thai that he will be in a different airport?

Are all Thai flights international and domestic flying from the new airport?

If he is at Don Muang will his airline transfer him for his onward domestic flight?

More importantly is there a little bar at the new airport? :o

Don't mean to be a pain but any info much appreciated

Tung Tsz