Boosting immune system

mommysboy

Stop eating steak or any processed food.

Absolutely correct, avoid all red meats and eat lots of fresh fruits and veg, and moderate aerobic excersise. and your imune system will frourish.

Why should you avoid red meat?

Organic grass fed beef and lamb are great foods for most people. In fact I would say the opposite effect is likely not eating read meat will deplete your immune system.

Sorry to burst any bubbles but, you CANNOT "boost" your immune systeme. It's not a muscle that you can build up or strengthen.

Suggest you go to the Science Based Medicine website or Quackdown site and see what they have to say about it. Anything that claims to boost or support the immune system is quackery at it's worst. Get offthe donuts,switch muscle streesing weights for an aerobic exercise, andyou'll have done allthat is necessary for a functioning immune system.

apple cider vinegar with a little baking powder mixed - both the lemon and the ACV/BS are excellent at alkalising the blood.

How do you figure that an acid plus and acid plus a little alkali is going to alkalise the blood? The body is very, very good at maintaining a "normal" pH of around 7.40. In fact, your belly is running battery acid at around pH 2.00. As it leaves the stomach, your body adds bicarbonate ions to neutralize the acid. Lemons are vinegars are highly variable in their acidity but seldom drop to 2.00 so consuming bicarboonate of soda is superfluous and, because of the sodium, a possibly bad idea if you tend toward hypertension.

Sorry to burst any bubbles but, you CANNOT "boost" your immune systeme. It's not a muscle that you can build up or strengthen.

Suggest you go to the Science Based Medicine website or Quackdown site and see what they have to say about it. Anything that claims to boost or support the immune system is quackery at it's worst. Get offthe donuts,switch muscle streesing weights for an aerobic exercise, andyou'll have done allthat is necessary for a functioning immune system.

Well you can improve it...we could call it boost....lets say you are overweight and heavy smoker and drinker.

by getting slim, stopping these bad habits and eating enough vitamins you would "boost" your immune system. Or you could say you just normalize it to the level it should be.....semantic.....

apple cider vinegar with a little baking powder mixed - both the lemon and the ACV/BS are excellent at alkalising the blood.

How do you figure that an acid plus and acid plus a little alkali is going to alkalise the blood? The body is very, very good at maintaining a "normal" pH of around 7.40. In fact, your belly is running battery acid at around pH 2.00. As it leaves the stomach, your body adds bicarbonate ions to neutralize the acid. Lemons are vinegars are highly variable in their acidity but seldom drop to 2.00 so consuming bicarboonate of soda is superfluous and, because of the sodium, a possibly bad idea if you tend toward hypertension.

yes....actually whatever you put into your system....the body automatic maintains the pH value. If you eat a kg lemons you may get some diarrhea but blood pH wouldn't drop a little bit.

Seems to be some 'broscience' on here, & also some good advice.

Yes, you can 'boost' your Immune System:

http://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/10-immune-system-busters-boosters

http://www.healthline.com/health/food-nutrition/foods-that-boost-the-immune-system#ImmuneBoosters1

Sometimes as we get older we don't absorb all the Vits/Minerals from food, & taking these supplements can help.

You sound very 'run down' & I suspect that you have a high Cortisol Level, brought on by the lack of sleep, baby issues & maybe overtraining.

In my opinion, you need to relax a bit more, get some decent sleep, & train less. Try walking early evening when it's a little cooler. biggrin.png

Some people like to go on and on in regards to there health and health related issues.

When I practiced I could spot them in a secont. It starts with a seemingly innocent questions and the. .....Blam!!!!! They are the experts and only want to argue and immesrse themselves and you in there problems........and it never stops. They keep coming with new issues and new theories....Of a General Practice they are about 10% Of the patient population.

Some people like to go on and on in regards to there health and health related issues.

When I practiced I could spot them in a secont. It starts with a seemingly innocent questions and the. .....Blam!!!!! They are the experts and only want to argue and immesrse themselves and you in there problems........and it never stops. They keep coming with new issues and new theories....Of a General Practice they are about 10% Of the patient population.

Why do you think that some people do this, is it just attention seeking, malingering or some psychological issue?

I am asking for a specific reason. smile.png

As an aside, I was conversing with a GP the other day, & was astonished to learn that some people demand an emergency appointment

because they've run out of a non essential medication such as Aspirin.

As a retired GP, I agree completely with you. It's gotten worse with the internet. people look up articles (usually junk science) that reinforce what they already believe and ignore everything else.

P/S/ I hope you've signed the pledge to never tell the suckers know the truth about medicine. God help our bank accounts if they ever find out we have the cure for cancer, baldness and erectile dysfunction all in one 5 baht per day vitamin pill...

lthumbsup.gif

Well you can improve it...we could call it boost....lets say you are overweight and heavy smoker and drinker.

by getting slim, stopping these bad habits and eating enough vitamins you would "boost" your immune system. Or you could say you just normalize it to the level it should be.....semantic.....

I think the best you can say is these actions would reduce the load on the immune system. That's not the same as "boosting" or "supporting."

I think the best you can say is these actions would reduce the load on the immune system. That's not the same as "boosting" or "supporting."

With this attitude I would not hire you as Marketing Manager gigglem.gif

Yes you are right but at all the quackery (homeopathic for example) I would call that a relative minor thing.

As a retired GP, I agree completely with you. It's gotten worse with the internet. people look up articles (usually junk science) that reinforce what they already believe and ignore everything else.

P/S/ I hope you've signed the pledge to never tell the suckers know the truth about medicine. God help our bank accounts if they ever find out we have the cure for cancer, baldness and erectile dysfunction all in one 5 baht per day vitamin pill...

lthumbsup.gif

Totally agree....almost like the wild claims about Statins..............cheesy.gif

Yes you are right but at all the quackery (homeopathic for example) I would call that a relative minor thing.

Oooooh, don't get me started on homeopathy. Magic water for sale.

Totally agree....almost like the wild claims about Statins..............cheesy.gif

Yeah. And eggs are the perfect food ... Again! I used to feel such a hypocrite telling my patients 2 or 3 eggs a week - no more. And I was having two every morning ... with buttered toast!

Sounds like Your muscles are contracting, restricting the blood flow and also the oxygen flow giving an increase in build up of lactic acid. try a more balanced

exercise regime that improves the above

rijit

Edited by rijit

Oooooh, don't get me started on homeopathy. Magic water for sale.

yeah that is great marketing....I admire it....see water with nothing more expensive than the best wine.

Wow....Thanks for the positive.....At the end of the day.....sad to say the White Tower just doesnt exist as we know it.

What I have sauced out as a GP is that there are a great deal of patients in the ex pat community that have a clue.....I am always very much inclined to give them a fair shake or a bit of advice.

Seems to be some 'broscience' on here, & also some good advice.

Yes, you can 'boost' your Immune System:

http://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/10-immune-system-busters-boosters

http://www.healthline.com/health/food-nutrition/foods-that-boost-the-immune-system#ImmuneBoosters1

Sometimes as we get older we don't absorb all the Vits/Minerals from food, & taking these supplements can help.

You sound very 'run down' & I suspect that you have a high Cortisol Level, brought on by the lack of sleep, baby issues & maybe overtraining.

In my opinion, you need to relax a bit more, get some decent sleep, & train less. Try walking early evening when it's a little cooler. biggrin.png

Wise words.

Sounds like Your muscles are contracting, restricting the blood flow and also the oxygen flow giving an increase in build up of lactic acid. try a more balanced

exercise regime that improves the above

rijit

Got it in one. Wise words. Somewhat surprising that given the choice of football team biggrin.png .

"When I practiced".

Struck off !!!!

I can see why.

"When I practiced".

Struck off !!!!

I can see why.

I admit He comes ax as a touch hard but

Thats bit nasty mate.

rijit

Edited by rijit