Newin Chidchob unmasked in Ducati biker gang

webfact

He showed real class in this situation.Got fined paid the ticket. No big fuss about do you know who I am ,nothing like that very classy.Very unusual for a Thai to show such class.He actually gets respect from me for his actions.

Same here.. respect from me for this action too, instead of throwing his (political) weight around he just paid up. Well done.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Class? Newin? An egalitarian? Rubbish, utter rot. It's not his style. The Thai social media are saying it's a publicity stunt, hence the blowing of the horns to attract attention. I'm really surprised some of you are falling for this man-of-the-people tripe. Newin is a calculating egotist.

And as for Karuna ... why am I getting this incredible urge to tip a bucket of the people's slops over her superior head? Perhaps it's because her comments (read carefully) are meant to perpetuate this superior thing?

Edited by WitawatWatawit

Class? Newin? An egalitarian? Rubbish, utter rot. It's not his style. The Thai social media are saying it's a publicity stunt, hence the blowing of the horns to attract attention. I'm really surprised some of you are falling for this man-of-the-people tripe. Newin is a calculating egotist.

And as for Karuna ... why am I getting this incredible urge to tip a bucket of the people's slops over her superior head? Perhaps it's because her comments (read carefully) are meant to perpetuate this superior thing?

Could be.. the blowing horns do indicate that. I did not see this coming and if your right then I retract what i posted earlier.

All vehicles that are taxed and insured and above 50cc should be able to use any road. In addition, all vehicles should drive in the left hand lane unless overtaking slower moving vehicles....and then I woke up to the real Thailand???

Newin is a superhero to us here in Buriram. Buriram United Football Club and the Chang International Track are attracting a lot of visitors from around Thailand and the world have resulted in a lot of folks deciding to come and live and work in Buriram. We have been living here almost 18 years and the addition of the football team has meant a lot to us. Buriram United now deep down in our hearts. Sahm soon, sahm soon, three zero! Come see for yourself. We never miss a match, Tolo loves Buriram United!!!!

All vehicles that are taxed and insured and above 50cc should be able to use any road. In addition, all vehicles should drive in the left hand lane unless overtaking slower moving vehicles....and then I woke up to the real Thailand???

Newin is a superhero to us here in Buriram. Buriram United Football Club and the Chang International Track are attracting a lot of visitors from around Thailand and the world have resulted in a lot of folks deciding to come and live and work in Buriram. We have been living here almost 18 years and the addition of the football team has meant a lot to us. Buriram United now deep down in our hearts. Sahm soon, sahm soon, three zero! Come see for yourself. We never miss a match, Tolo loves Buriram United!!!!

Buri Ram - the hub of the world.

:) Joshing. It's more humble than that - just the hub of Thailand, which is the hub of the world. Truly.

Nonsense!!

Do you really believe Newin needs to drive Bangkok to get publicity?? He could just as easy have called a press conference in Buriram........

Yes he is a political dinosaur, but nobody can deny, that his has done a good job in putting Buriram on the map. For the first time ever, the people in the province are actually taking pride in being from Buriram!!

Nonsense!!

Do you really believe Newin needs to drive Bangkok to get publicity?? He could just as easy have called a press conference in Buriram........

Yes he is a political dinosaur, but nobody can deny, that his has done a good job in putting Buriram on the map. For the first time ever, the people in the province are actually taking pride in being from Buriram!!

+1

Without him the town would not be getting a McDonalds or have Air Asia. thumbsup.gif

A group (gang?) of properly clad (leathers, gloves and helmets), motorcycle riders decides to try their luck and use the Eastern Outer Ring Road. They get stopped by the police, one of the group is none other than the well known politician, main man from Buriram, Newin Chidchob. He gets a ticket and a small fine. No mention of him saying "Do you know who I am?"

As far as i am concerned, riders of large powerful motorcycles should be allowed to use the main tollways for the following reasons.

1. 90% are responsible, capable experienced riders who take their highway travels seriously.

2.They travel at speeds as fast as or faster than the average driver in a car. Unless overtaking they invariably use the left lane.

I am not a motorcyclist, never actually ridden anything more powerful than a Honda Wave. However there is an ocean of difference between these bikers and the average Thai muppet, with three on board, no helmets and shorts and flip flops on a small 110cc scooter.

Perhaps one day the law will be amended to allow these bikes to travel on motorways.

The only places where my comments are invalid is beach resort areas such as Pattaya where a tourist can hire a 1000cc big bike and roar around showing off in shorts and tank top with a small brown female perched on the pillion.

Big bike riders don't need to honk their horns. They annoy car drivers for EXISTING, and refusing to acknowledge their place is as close to the gutter as possible.

I should make it clear that I am absolutely PRO motorcycling having ridden big bikes for every one of 45 years.

You say big bikes place is as close to the gutter as possible. This shows your complete lack of knowledge regarding motorcycling. I'm a qualified Motorcycle Instructor (with 46 years experience riding and racing motorbikes) and one of the most basic rules taught to students when riding on the road is position yourself so you can see and be seen. That means sometimes moving out towards the centre line to gain a better view of the road ahead should there be a bend in the road or an obstruction. It also means moving into a more central position in the roads when approaching a junction so any drivers (of any vehicle) can see you approaching.

There's also something we remind all students on both large or small bikes, that is, ride in the gutter and you'll be treated like the rest of the crap that ends up there.

Are you aware of the law in Bangkok that bikes must use the left most lane? Yes it's a stupid law and Yes I've been fined many times for ignoring it. But it exists.

Does it. Does it really?

Nonsense!!

Newin - Mr Pinwheel himself. He backs anyone able to help his ultimate ambition to be prime minister, especially now that his dad is not so active, and will switch his allegiance at the drop of a hat, and to do that he needs to have a power base. Sure he's doing a few things for Buri Ram, in the same mould as Banharn and Suphan Buri (anyone visted the Banharn and Jumsai Public Toilets? :)). But in the process, he's buying himself a power base - or rather reinforcing it. The bike incident may or may not be a stunt, a bit of slick marketing. Either way it gets him a bit more publicity than a boring press conference would and reminds the country that he is still "there".

Big bike riders don't need to honk their horns. They annoy car drivers for EXISTING, and refusing to acknowledge their place is as close to the gutter as possible.

I should make it clear that I am absolutely PRO motorcycling having ridden big bikes for every one of 45 years.

It is always risky to use sarcasm in online posts. And even though you provided the necessary qualifier, most of the guys above just didn't get it.

I think you and I don't agree much on Thai politics, but on motorcycling and the situation in Thailand, we are probably in full agreement. thumbsup.gif

Nonsense!!

Newin - Mr Pinwheel himself. He backs anyone able to help his ultimate ambition to be prime minister, especially now that his dad is not so active, and will switch his allegiance at the drop of a hat, and to do that he needs to have a power base. Sure he's doing a few things for Buri Ram, in the same mould as Banharn and Suphan Buri (anyone visted the Banharn and Jumsai Public Toilets? smile.png). But in the process, he's buying himself a power base - or rather reinforcing it. The bike incident may or may not be a stunt, a bit of slick marketing. Either way it gets him a bit more publicity than a boring press conference would and reminds the country that he is still "there".

He had a good teacher, and role model, of course.

You say big bikes place is as close to the gutter as possible. This shows your complete lack of knowledge regarding motorcycling. I'm a qualified Motorcycle Instructor (with 46 years experience riding and racing motorbikes) and one of the most basic rules taught to students when riding on the road is position yourself so you can see and be seen. That means sometimes moving out towards the centre line to gain a better view of the road ahead should there be a bend in the road or an obstruction. It also means moving into a more central position in the roads when approaching a junction so any drivers (of any vehicle) can see you approaching.

There's also something we remind all students on both large or small bikes, that is, ride in the gutter and you'll be treated like the rest of the crap that ends up there.

Are you aware of the law in Bangkok that bikes must use the left most lane? Yes it's a stupid law and Yes I've been fined many times for ignoring it. But it exists.

Does it. Does it really?

Yes. Yes it does.

It harks back to the days when the poor people on their scooters had to get out of the way of the important rich people who could afford cars. Now you have the ludicrous situation where a 30 year old pickup dripping in rust and spewing diesel fumes out of the back is allowed to cruise along at 30kph in the middle lane while a comparatively efficient, clean and congestion easing motorbike capable of well over 200kph has to ride in all the debris in the left line while being cut up by taxis and buses picking up passengers (whilst simultaneously dodging scooter riders riding the wrong way against the flow of traffic). Oh yes, it's a great law that one.

Good to see some high so's also on bikes who knows if enough of those ride we might get better laws for big bikes like in the rest of the world.

Chatichai Choonhavan was another politician biker. Of the Thai Prime Ministers that I've lived here under, he was definitely my favourite.

Anand Panyarachun ended the tax certificate that had to be shown by all foreigners on departure who had been here more than three months.

Eliminating that hassle has made me forever grateful to him... big bike or no big bike.

Does it. Does it really?

Yes. Yes it does.

It harks back to the days when the poor people on their scooters had to get out of the way of the important rich people who could afford cars. Now you have the ludicrous situation where a 30 year old pickup dripping in rust and spewing diesel fumes out of the back is allowed to cruise along at 30kph in the middle lane while a comparatively efficient, clean and congestion easing motorbike capable of well over 200kph has to ride in all the debris in the left line while being cut up by taxis and buses picking up passengers (whilst simultaneously dodging scooter riders riding the wrong way against the flow of traffic). Oh yes, it's a great law that one.

I have NEVER found conclusive text in the Thai highway regulations that state that.. There is a reference which could be interpretated in different ways, one of which is how some Thai police interpret it.. As for Newin his case is cut and dried as he was riding in the main highway when bikes (and big truck rigs) should be in the service road (adjoining highway)

Nonsense!!

Newin - Mr Pinwheel himself. He backs anyone able to help his ultimate ambition to be prime minister, especially now that his dad is not so active, and will switch his allegiance at the drop of a hat, and to do that he needs to have a power base. Sure he's doing a few things for Buri Ram, in the same mould as Banharn and Suphan Buri (anyone visted the Banharn and Jumsai Public Toilets? smile.png). But in the process, he's buying himself a power base - or rather reinforcing it. The bike incident may or may not be a stunt, a bit of slick marketing. Either way it gets him a bit more publicity than a boring press conference would and reminds the country that he is still "there".

Why do you find fault with someone who does their community good. The power base you criticize him for loves the man for helping their community.If a man does good he gets good recognition you seem to feel that is wrong. I read your comments all I see is perverse logic. But we are all allowed opinions no matter how twisted it is.

All vehicles that are taxed and insured and above 50cc should be able to use any road. In addition, all vehicles should drive in the left hand lane unless overtaking slower moving vehicles....and then I woke up to the real Thailand

I am fairly local to Buriram, have watched Buriram United and been to the Chang Circuit. I owned a Kawasaki ZX10R back in the UK before coming to live in Thailand. The traffic laws here are dreadful and I'm sure were drafted before large powerful motorcycles were ever perceived to become a viable means of transport here. A visit to Muang Buriram means I get to see some nice bikes and there are a few located in Satuk. Go beyond the city limits though and experience the ignorance of most Thai drivers regarding motorcycles. Sadly, there was a local guy that owned a Repsol Honda liveried CB650. He got wiped out by a pick up driver that hit him head on overtaking a truck near Chumphonburi. Just a few days before I gave him a thumbs up as I passed him on my PCX 150. Very sad. What's left of his bike is kept in a compound behind the police station.

Hmmm, reading the original article a couple of times I note that they were fined for riding in a "prohibited" lane. Looking at the picture though, it appears they are in the center of a (6 ?) lane, one-way road. The concrete barriers seem to have split the road into two sections of 3 lanes each. If they were driving in the lane they are stopped in (according to the picture), they would either be in the center lane of that (whole) roadway, or in the far-left lane of the right section of the roadway.

Or the lane they were in was "prohibited" for some reason (i.e. construction, lane marking, etc) and they chose to ride in it anyways.

Meh. Big bikes should be treated like cars anyways, including being allowed on the toll highways. Do like in Canada, charge them half of what a normal car would pay (as far as tolls are concerned). Make if very clear (and enforce it rigorously) that anything under a certain (cc) size, say 600cc, is NOT allowed. (And that anything incapable of a certain speed isn't allowed either.)

Problem is, as soon as everyone sees "Motorcycles OVER 600ccs allowed on Tollways and in the Right (Passing) Lanes" all that will sink in will be "Motorcycles OVER 600ccs allowed on Tollways and in the Right (Passing) Lanes and next thing you know the right lanes and tollways will be crowded with the food-vendor, side car, 50cc motos carrying 5 family members screaming down the highway at 20-30 kms/hr.

Good to see some high so's also on bikes who knows if enough of those ride we might get better laws for big bikes like in the rest of the world.

Why should the size of a bike allow the rider to his own set of laws? Are you more qualified, or safer, than the riders of other bikes, are larger bikes less likely to have accidents? Statistically they are, of course, as there are fewer of them, but I am not referring to statistics, just the reality that there is no difference between any one bike and a smaller or larger one in terms of susceptibility to misfortune on the road.

Why not let users of bigger bikes than yours access where you are not allowed? Your logic would seem to suggest that you would find that reasonable.

That Ducati is what $50k + and they fine him $12. Oh Thailand here's your word of the day "deterrent" and try applying it to fines.

A Bugatti Veyron owner would get the same fine, as it would in any country in the world, motoring fines are never based on the value of your vehicle. So your facile comment about "Thailand's word of the day" also applies to your country.

Why should the size of a bike allow the rider to his own set of laws? Are you more qualified, or safer, than the riders of other bikes, are larger bikes less likely to have accidents? Statistically they are, of course, as there are fewer of them, but I am not referring to statistics, just the reality that there is no difference between any one bike and a smaller or larger one in terms of susceptibility to misfortune on the road.

Why not let users of bigger bikes than yours access where you are not allowed? Your logic would seem to suggest that you would find that reasonable.

I think the other poster was referring to the left lane rule and motorway/ tollway rules.. And certainly in the UK they have different rules for motorway riding based on minimum cc of the motorcycle.

And it would seem that even in Switzerland they have a minimum speed requirement " Motorways are restricted to vehicles that can obtain a speed of at least 80 km/h (50 mph)."

UK sign

post-195835-14347887542571_thumb.jpg