Changing address only (same owner) in green book

darkian

Looks like I'm going to have to move apartments (owner is selling), and I'll possibly be going back to my country of origin for 2 months and putting my things in storage, then finding somewhere new when I get back.

What's the deal with changing my address in the green book? Will I need any proof of ID for the old address (which is in the book), or just the new one? Also my bike is registered in a province and I paid someone to transfer the ownership to me in the first place - will I have to have the changes made there, or can I do it at the DLT in Bangkok? I've always paid tax and insurance in Bangkok with this book and never had any issue.

Any help gladly received!

Thanks.

If you really really want to change the address in the green book I think you'll have to go to the main DLT in the province the bike is registered in ( or get an "agent" to do it for you )

Question is why do you want to change the address ? just hassle for you.

If you really really want to change the address in the green book I think you'll have to go to the main DLT in the province the bike is registered in ( or get an "agent" to do it for you )

Question is why do you want to change the address ? just hassle for you.

Maybe because traffic tickets go to the adres the bike is registered and if you don't pay the fines increase.

Maybe because traffic tickets go to the adres the bike is registered and if you don't pay the fines increase.

Yes good point !

though wouldn't the DLT ( hopefully ) notice unpaid fines when the annual road tax is paid ?

Yes good point !

though wouldn't the DLT ( hopefully ) notice unpaid fines when the annual road tax is paid ?

True, but at that time it might have increased a lot and other sorts of trouble might have started too. You might get into an accident and all of a sudden the police runs the number sees the fines. That would make it even worse for you.

But your right the DLT notices and you have to pay but with extra cost (so I have been told)