rugby world cup

Geoffreyt

Well done goes to Stu, Great pub too. Game kicks off at 1045pm today.

Are you sure the kick off is not 11.45? The Australian papers are showing it at 2.45 am, daylight saving time which should be 3 hours after us.

4.45pm uk, 10.45pm here.

Correct from cmj. UK is 6 hours behind Thailand. A lot of the RWC games (Or at least the important ones) are either at 1045pm or 2am.

Now its fast approaching quarter finals time....watch the knock outs begin.

Aussie are on fire with their current form. The ABs are yet to completely fire. Wales and Ireland look ok. And I expect France and South Africa to be in the semi's too.

Thanks to TV's rugger buggers I didn't miss the start of one of the, if not the, greatest defensive games I've seen.

It reminded me of Leonidas and his Spartans at Thermopylae only with a happy ending.

Thirteen Wallabies on the field and Wales even then couldn't breach the Aussies' line.

Interesting times ahead.

Thirteen Wallabies on the field and Wales even then couldn't breach the Aussies' line.

Interesting times ahead.

I saw an Aussie panel show on youtube,

comment about the 13 Aussies on the field was their "used to it" as Rugby league has 13 a side.

Amusing comment.

Interesting times ahead.

I saw an Aussie panel show on youtube,

comment about the 13 Aussies on the field was their "used to it" as Rugby league has 13 a side.

Amusing comment.

Don't mention those two codes in the same sentence. League is just a bastardised game from the north of England and has little to do with the finest game played on earth and heaven.

Am sitting blissfully at home watching the Wales v South Africa game on ITV.

Opening sentence of game was a classic backhander by the commentator. "and the referee Wayne Barnes, an Englishman who has made the quarter finals, starts the game"

What is it with Welsh players who do not sing the National Anthem !!!!!!!!!

TRY smile.png

Edited by mamborobert

Another enthralling tight yet still free flowing game (minimal involvement by ref) that went right to the wire. Great defence by Wales (thanks Gatland), some impressive break out runs by both sides, and the crowd willing Wales home for the last 10 minutes, but alas not to be after a Bok try in the dying moments, noise was through the roof. South Africa all to powerful in the end

The World Cup is always fascinating for me..think about what got us here. Japan in a fairy tale over South Africa, Australia's great defence with two men down over Wales, the list goes on and on. There has been no stand out player throughout the comp so far just good team work, but then there has not been another Jonah Lomu on the scene.

There will be a collective sigh of relief in the South African nation tonight

Now to watch NZ to beat France, Ireland over Argentina, and Australia over Scotland and my weekend labour of love is complete.

Edited by mamborobert

A little confusing if you were watching the start of Ireland v Argentina on Fox.

The commentary was in Cantonese for a short time!

Yesterday's games and again tonight for the Ireland game, have no English soundtrack on Foxsports 2 via CTH. . I tried changing the audio channel but to no effect, even though the selected audio says English.

I am now sold on the ITV player...no cost just using Hola on Firefox and then direct to TV all in Hi Def it seems ....commentary all in English and not prattling on....I wondered how many Thai people would watch this with the Thai language as posted earlier....I gather Cantonese may have been for the Hong Kong crew but even mainlanders are getting better with English (young ones anyway).

They do like singing Fields of Athenry though :)

Did not expect Argentina to start so well though...another good game so far.

A little confusing if you were watching the start of Ireland v Argentina on Fox.

The commentary was in Cantonese for a short time!

Yesterday's games and again tonight for the Ireland game, have no English soundtrack on Foxsports 2 via CTH. . I tried changing the audio channel but to no effect, even though the selected audio says English.

Filmon.com or the Filmon app.

On ITV (1).

ITV commentary, strangely enough.

NZ deserved their win. South Africa were a stronger team but only just squeeked home. Aussie should have breezed in but didn't. .....Scotland were unlucky to get a win. Argentina did the business and looked in control for most of the game.

My prediction for either a NZ vs Aussie final OR NZ vs Argentina final. I can't see South Africa making it thru this time

Edited by CMKiwi