Marmite, Heinz baked beans, PG Tips and more at Tesco

Daffy D

Noticed a small area at Tesco's yesterday dedicated to "Imported Goods"

The goods included the things mentioned in the title plus this like Bisto Gravy granules and Hellman's mayonnaise and some others that I can't

remember now.

I don't think these things are normally available at Tesco so maybe they are doing a promotional survey to see if there is any demand for these "Imported goods"

The goods were displayed on a small island in one of the isles and easy to miss and pass by if you're not looking for it.

Don't know if all the branches of Tesco will have it but worth a look if you fancy some of the stuff. I bought a couple of boxes of PG tips.

smile.png

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh my god what a life changing post.how the <deleted> ell i survided here without marmite i will never know,now on to mundane things,how is global warming.is global warming a taboo subject,dont want to get locked up

Thanks for the heads up as i was just considering moving back to the west because I had to eat beans that weren't branded Heinz and Mayonnaise that wasn't from Hellman's.

Hey wait, I have survived my whole life without those particular brands.

I can understand some foreigners upcountry must lead an unsustainable life because they have to eat beans from another brand instead of overpriced Heinz beans.

Thanks for the heads up as i was just considering moving back to the west because I had to eat beans that weren't branded Heinz and Mayonnaise that wasn't from Hellman's.

I can understand some foreigners upcountry must lead an unsustainable life because they have to eat beans from another brand instead of overpriced Heinz beans.

Hmmmmmm, alert.........Taste bud problem here............laugh.png

Taste is in the brain of the beholder, or something like that.

oh my god what a life changing post.how the <deleted> ell i survided here without marmite i will never know,now on to mundane things,how is global warming.is global warming a taboo subject,dont want to get locked up

A converted to rice munching eh.......laugh.png

i am beginning to warm to you,you can see the sublties on here.

You must be new to expat life.... the ability to buy tea bags and marmite is about the most important discussion you will ever see on here!

A tasty topic, to be sure. And I've just returned from the UK with 10 tins of Tesco Sardines in sunflower oil (as in Thailand they only seem to sell 30 different brands in tomato sauce) for just 20 baht a tin, Fray Bentos meat puddings, tins of red salmon (75 baht), Oxo cubes and large bottles of HP sauce. All hard or impossible to find here

Edited by Bangkok Barry

Branstons beans are much better than Heinzs.

Nothing wrong with the beans from Big C if you buy the less sugary ones with the blue band round the top.

You must be new to expat life.... the ability to buy tea bags and marmite is about the most important discussion you will ever see on here!

What??????? What about beer?

Lot of money being made on this subject...

Lol - beans. I ain't et beans since I left home near on 12 year ago now. crazy.gif

(Even when we ate at the "Brit" DFAC (The "Cambridge") in KAF I could never get used to the idea of stewed tomatoes and beans for breakfast. The deep fried toast and that weird "bacon" didn't really do it for me either. The Cambridge was one of the only DFACs to have trays full of poached eggs in the morning though, and they had the best omelette guy in the entire Middle East/South East Asia. Santosh was the KING when it came to omelettes. He could keep track of 20 different orders simultaneously and remember what your preference was even if you hadn't been in there for weeks.)

But I digress. I am still searching for Heinze Cocktail Sauce. I had a bottle from Foodland but they don't seem to stock it anymore. Been trying to find it at Friendship, Big C and Tesco with no luck (even tried online). Shoulda oughta bought a couple bottles when I was back in the WinterLand last November (hindsight is always so good) !

Me poor shrimp cocktails just ain't the same without that sauce. (Worry not though, I live on the ground floor and have a high fence so it's not likely that I'll try taking a leap any time soon !)

Keep your marmite but i do have a jar of vegemite that i got from bigc. Interesting seeing my gf checking out what all the fuss is about, grabs a spoonful and puts it straight into her mouth 'mai aloy!!' Met an aussie who smuggled a small jar into phuket on his holiday once. What a legend.

Your now going to tell me ALL beers taste the same.......Gawd.........rolleyes.gif

And I thought English was your native language, but seems you still don't understand the meaning of my comment. coffee1.gif

Keep your marmite but i do have a jar of vegemite that i got from bigc. Interesting seeing my gf checking out what all the fuss is about, grabs a spoonful and puts it straight into her mouth 'mai aloy!!' Met an aussie who smuggled a small jar into phuket on his holiday once. What a legend.

Believe it or not my wife loves marmite,the only Thai I know who does she has it on toast most mornings ,she tried Vegamite once and said it was ok,but not like the real thing

Lol - beans. I ain't et beans since I left home near on 12 year ago now. crazy.gif

(Even when we ate at the "Brit" DFAC (The "Cambridge") in KAF I could never get used to the idea of stewed tomatoes and beans for breakfast. The deep fried toast and that weird "bacon" didn't really do it for me either. The Cambridge was one of the only DFACs to have trays full of poached eggs in the morning though, and they had the best omelette guy in the entire Middle East/South East Asia. Santosh was the KING when it came to omelettes. He could keep track of 20 different orders simultaneously and remember what your preference was even if you hadn't been in there for weeks.)

But I digress. I am still searching for Heinze Cocktail Sauce. I had a bottle from Foodland but they don't seem to stock it anymore. Been trying to find it at Friendship, Big C and Tesco with no luck (even tried online). Shoulda oughta bought a couple bottles when I was back in the WinterLand last November (hindsight is always so good) !

Me poor shrimp cocktails just ain't the same without that sauce. (Worry not though, I live on the ground floor and have a high fence so it's not likely that I'll try taking a leap any time soon !)

Give this a try. It's only a bit of work, and I think you'll be pleased with the results (and won't have to rent a 23rd-floor condo). (whistle) http://pictureperfectmeals.com/getting-saucy/ Edited by noahvail

I thought it was "Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder" but I can't see the connection to Marmite in that

Been in Tops & Big C in Ban Beung the other day. No vegemite. Same in Villa Foods & Foodland Sukhumvit. I might have to go to Pattaya or Phuket.